Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2014, 13:34   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

The car went in for it's one year scheduled first service to Audi Mumbai South. Filters and oil change were the routine job, total damage was approx Rs.35,000. Labour for the R8 & RS5 are charged at Rs.2200 per hour while all other Audi's are billed at Rs.1800,these are as per Audi norms which I think are rather unfair. I am sure there isn't a higher skilled team bought in just to work on the sportscars.

The workshop diagnosed the car to have a faulty front door right speaker and bonnet lock, these were replaced under warranty.

Audi club threw in a free interior and exterior detailing job for it's members on the cars first birthday which the workshop executed very well. Although my car was pretty much scratch free, they managed to remove all the light scratches that had come about due to people leaning on the car,etc. These are usually very hard to remove and several detailers I have used in the passed have not been as successful.

One year on and she still gets the broadest smile plastered on my face like the first day on. It's funny but when I travel for anything more than a week now, I actually begin to miss her and driving her is one of the first things I look forward to doing once I get back to town.

Last edited by Sahil : 24th February 2014 at 13:36.
Sahil is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 20:43   #47
BHPian

Hello Sahil! Congrats on acquiring this beautiful machine. It would be great if you could post some updates with pics. I've been reading this thread from the day it went live but recently joined the forum. Once again, congrats
Old 27th November 2014, 15:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The car went in for it's one year scheduled first service to Audi Mumbai South. Filters and oil change were the routine job, total damage was approx Rs.35,000. Labour for the R8 & RS5 are charged at Rs.2200 per hour while all other Audi's are billed at Rs.1800,these are as per Audi norms which I think are rather unfair. I am sure there isn't a higher skilled team bought in just to work on the sportscars.

The workshop diagnosed the car to have a faulty front door right speaker and bonnet lock, these were replaced under warranty.

Audi club threw in a free interior and exterior detailing job for it's members on the cars first birthday which the workshop executed very well. Although my car was pretty much scratch free, they managed to remove all the light scratches that had come about due to people leaning on the car,etc. These are usually very hard to remove and several detailers I have used in the passed have not been as successful.

One year on and she still gets the broadest smile plastered on my face like the first day on. It's funny but when I travel for anything more than a week now, I actually begin to miss her and driving her is one of the first things I look forward to doing once I get back to town.

Great now upgrade soon so i get my hands on this beauty

Whats the odo reading by the way ? Around 10 ?
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 15:55   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Great now upgrade soon so i get my hands on this beauty

Whats the odo reading by the way ? Around 10 ?
Spot on, its just shy of 10k kms. I've stopped taking it to work everyday because the traffic in BKC is just horrid. Take it once or twice a week to work or mainly used on the weekends and night time. Overall it is used fairly regularly as it is a practical sports car, on average 3-4 times a week.

Don't have any urge to upgrade, besides there are barely any V8 NA's left to upgrade unless you go into the supercar league which I don't see myself doing for a while as the roads are just too bad. Moreover, the M4 was launched just today at 1.21cr , makes me feel even better about my RS
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 16:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spot on, its just shy of 10k kms. I've stopped taking it to work everyday because the traffic in BKC is just horrid. Take it once or twice a week to work or mainly used on the weekends and night time. Overall it is used fairly regularly as it is a practical sports car, on average 3-4 times a week.

Don't have any urge to upgrade, besides there are barely any V8 NA's left to upgrade unless you go into the supercar league which I don't see myself doing for a while as the roads are just too bad. Moreover, the M4 was launched just today at 1.21cr , makes me feel even better about my RS

There goes my dream of a pre-owned , dual-clutch , NA v8

Why would you want to take this through horrid Kalanagar anyway when you have the elephant named Superb and a chauffeur to drive your around ? Lets face it the Audi cant match the Skoda on comfort and space. You have the sea link right next to you , just quench your Audi tendencies there !

Also you need to try out the freeway. MUCH longer than the sealink now that its completed. Only getting to it might be a bit of a problem.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 27th November 2014 at 16:06.
Old 12th March 2015, 11:39   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: 2nd service

I drove 7000kms the first year and this past year I drove only half the amount(3000kms). Mainly because the first year of excitement I used it as a daily drive but the horrid traffic in BKC has made me stop taking this car to work on a regular basis. Most of the time it is driven at night and weekends. However, I plan to use it more often from now as I every time I use it, I feel exhilarated and wonder why I don't just use it more often! Currently after the second service the car stands at 10,500kms.

Good news: Audi finally decides to offer extended warranty on their sports cars! I had been urging them ever since I bought the car to offer an extended warranty pack, glad they finally woke up. My standard warranty of 2 years just expired and I have opted for +3 year (total 5 year) warranty pack which has been secured until 2018

Service review: As experienced previously, Audi Mumbai South once again delivered good service levels, this time from their new Mazgaon location. My membership at myaudi.in gets me a free annual interior and exterior detailing which has got back the spanking new sheen to the car. Few rattles and squeaks had developed and those were taken care of during the service.
Total damage for the second service was 56,000(first service was only 35k) out of which 5500 was wheel balancing, alignment and rotation including weights. Fuel filter was changed this time too.

Another Good news: My beloved E60 525d is up for takes; the RS5's grandpa will be replaced by a big daddy soon. Will keep you guys updated
Sahil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 15:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the RS5's grandpa will be replaced by a big daddy soon. Will keep you guys updated
Can only guess the S this time unless you get the 7 at a watering discount.
Old 7th April 2015, 18:26   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Another Good news: My beloved E60 525d is up for takes; the RS5's grandpa will be replaced by a big daddy soon. Will keep you guys updated

Let us know when the RS5 is up for takes (PM me preferably :P) and im sure you can start a bidding war! Would definitely create a frenzy esp given the low kms and love you are showering her with!
Old 9th April 2015, 13:44   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Let us know when the RS5 is up for takes (PM me preferably :P) and im sure you can start a bidding war! Would definitely create a frenzy esp given the low kms and love you are showering her with!
I plan to keep it for a while given that most sportcars in the segment are not naturally aspirated anymore. I'll have to stretch into the supercar territory to find a NA match which I am not ready to do now especially with our horrid roads.

I showered her with some more love today. Got the titanium package treatment for the front and rear bumper lips to be painted in titanium silver color which match the wing mirrors too. Although it's doesn't stand out as prominent on a white car, it adds a nice touch to it overall. Pictures are below. Well executed by the Audi Mumbai South workshop.
Attached Thumbnails
From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-rs5-front.jpg  

From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-rs5-back.jpg  

Sahil is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 12:12   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

DSG Mechatronic Replacement

My car has barely done 11k kms at this point at under normal driving conditions two days ago an alter popped up "Gearbox Malfunction:You may continue driving" The car continued to drive without any issues whatsoever. Sent the car to the workshop next day and was just informed that the mechatronic needs to be replaced. Thank god I opted for the extended warranty that now secures me upto the 5th year! As usual Audi takes it's own sweet time to get parts and hence I will need to wait 10 days for them to arrive(They claiming they are trying to get the part earlier but unsure yet). In the meantime I am bringing the car home to have it parked here.

Seems like the DSG problem is not restricted to just Skoda's but the entire group of companies using this. I've had this part replaced in my Skoda Superb too. The RS5 too has the 7 speed DSG that is a great performer but very unreliable.

Last edited by Sahil : 20th June 2015 at 12:27.
Sahil is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 12:19   #56
Team-BHP Support

Plenty of other RS5 users have reported the same issue and went through the replacement - Audizine.

Glad that you have the extended warranty on the car. Do keep us posted on the progress!
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 11:23   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Car got back yesterday after nearly 10 days. All izz well. Happy to have her back
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 20:01   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My car has barely done 11k kms at this point at under normal driving conditions two days ago an alter popped up "Gearbox Malfunction:You may continue driving" Sent the car to the workshop next day and was just informed that the mechatronic needs to be replaced.

Seems like the DSG problem is not restricted to just Skoda's but the entire group of companies using this. I've had this part replaced in my Skoda Superb too. The RS5 too has the 7 speed DSG that is a great performer but very unreliable

Interesting. As I am sure you know, this is not the same DSG box as in the Superb. Clearly VAG seems to have fundamental issues with testing their products for hot, humid and slow conditions.
Old 28th June 2015, 13:49   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Interesting. As I am sure you know, this is not the same DSG box as in the Superb. Clearly VAG seems to have fundamental issues with testing their products for hot, humid and slow conditions.
Yes it isn't the same box as the RS5 has way more torque and bhp for the tranny to handle. However, they essentially are both 7 speed DSGs. The 6 speed DSGs that come in the diesel superb in India are known to be slightly more reliable.
Old 1st July 2015, 12:59   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Turns out the issue wasn't as big as they made it sound. The entire mechatronic was not replaced, just a sensor and a harness part within the mechatronic were replaced. Along with this the transmission oil,filters,pipes etc were replaced.

The service center does not give the invoice for jobs carried out under warranty however I demanded to know what parts were carried out thats how I figured the miscommunication of mechatronic replacement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks