Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 13:05   #61
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12,558
Thanked: 12,618 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Turns out the issue wasn't as big as they made it sound. The entire mechatronic was not replaced, just a sensor and a harness part within the mechatronic were replaced. Along with this the transmission oil,filters,pipes etc were replaced.

The service center does not give the invoice for jobs carried out under warranty however I demanded to know what parts were carried out thats how I figured the miscommunication of mechatronic replacement.
Ask to look at the service documentation file opened agianst the job card and take pics of it. it will list the tools and labour
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:55   #62
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,756
Thanked: 5,100 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Quote:
The service center does not give the invoice for jobs carried out under warranty however I demanded to know what parts were carried out thats how I figured the miscommunication of mechatronic replacement.
That's not good , I always get invoices from BMW for all parts & labor they do under BSI so even if I am not paying anything I am aware of all the jobs they do . Maybe they are more transparent in their working !

See if you can get print of your service history instead of asking records for this repair directly
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 08:55   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 120
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

@Sahil: I'am sure you must have considered Audi TT Coupe. Any reason to rule that out? I guess it must be because it is not naturally aspirated and has poor rear bench compared to RS5?

EDIT: I just realised TT coupe wasn't launched in India by 2012/2013. Anyway would be nice to have your perspective on the TT coupe.

Last edited by super.cars : 21st July 2015 at 09:21.
super.cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 11:42   #64
BHPian
 
xtremeshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 363
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Just wanted to share my experience with Audi RS5

A few of us friends went for a Holiday in Chikmangalur from Chennai. 2 bikes, A Verna and an Audi RS5.

Audi RS5 behaving like a gem on the well laid highways is obviously taken for granted, but it was on the broken roads filled with rumblers and speedbrakers is where my respect for the car really rose. It handled them as well as the Verna (with 17" alloys). Truly a everyday supercar, capable of reaching almost 300, but at the sametime can be used for your office / shopping commute.

Don't want to release the speeds touched with this car but safe to say that it had the stopping power with the standard factory fit Ceramic brakes. Also returning an avg of 7Kmpl. (will check if I have some pics of the car and share)

Last edited by xtremeshock : 21st July 2015 at 11:44.
xtremeshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 13:43   #65
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,468
Thanked: 3,024 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
@Sahil: I'am sure you must have considered Audi TT Coupe. Any reason to rule that out? I guess it must be because it is not naturally aspirated and has poor rear bench compared to RS5?

EDIT: I just realised TT coupe wasn't launched in India by 2012/2013. Anyway would be nice to have your perspective on the TT coupe.
The previous generation TT was available back then but honestly can't even compare that with the RS5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
it was on the broken roads filled with rumblers and speedbrakers is where my respect for the car really rose. It handled them as well as the Verna (with 17" alloys). Truly a everyday supercar, capable of reaching almost 300, but at the sametime can be used for your office / shopping commute.

Don't want to release the speeds touched with this car but safe to say that it had the stopping power with the standard factory fit Ceramic brakes. Also returning an avg of 7Kmpl. (will check if I have some pics of the car and share)
Yes, the car does not bottom at most speed breakers. Just recently I was approaching a big speed breaker with a S4 by my side, I went over it without an issue while I saw the S4 chap turning side ways to approach it at an angle to avoid bottoming. The look on his face seeing me zip by without a problem was hilarious
The short wheel base helps in this. My S-class seems to bottom sometimes due to it's long wheel base and soft air suspension on bumps that the RS5 would have no issues with.
However, by no means can I call the RS5 a comfortable ride over broken roads, it is no doubt very stiff and focused on handling over comfort.
Regarding the brakes, the ceramic ones are optional and cost a bomb. I haven't seen any RS5's in India with this option. I wish they gave it standard as the brakes could at times do with a little more bite. Like they say, you can never have enough braking power.
7kmpl on the highway is good and can be achieved only if it were cruising for the most part and not much spirited driving.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 17:45   #66
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Brilliant choice, its an amazing car. Have always been a fan of naturally aspirated engines and this paired with the S tronic dual clutch system will give you the ride of your life. Just keep one thing in mind - The tyre rubber is too fragile, had hit a slight bump on the Bom - Ahd highway and the front left tyre punctured. Even the puncture kit was of no use, and yes the damn tyres sell for 70k a piece.
Attached Thumbnails
From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-10891741_10152447073871386_1967977125383826828_n.jpg  

From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-10273416_10152447073936386_7590081617987289656_n.jpg  

Attached Images
 
masteryoda83 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 18:30   #67
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,468
Thanked: 3,024 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by masteryoda83 View Post
The tyre rubber is too fragile, had hit a slight bump on the Bom - Ahd highway and the front left tyre punctured. Even the puncture kit was of no use, and yes the damn tyres sell for 70k a piece.
That's the facelift RS5 that comes with 20inch alloys that is the culprit behind the fragile tyre. I haven't had any issues as my rims are 19inch. The ride is stiff enough and profile is low enough, 20s are an overkill for India.

You can order tires via tirerack.com and have it shipped to India duty paid within a few days itself by paying much less than buying it from the dealer. Check out this thread for more info: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...k-com-usa.html
My car has only done 12k kms only so replacing tyres is a bit far off but when I do I think I will order them online and have them shipped here from USA. I might even consider some comfortable runflats as this car does not have a space wheel.
My tire sealant liquid is almost expiring, the dealer has got a new one for me that costs 3500rs but I am thinking of order Slime tire sealant instead(does it do the same job?): http://www.snapdeal.com/product/slim...dorCode=Sbfbed

By the way, is that car in the image your cars?

Last edited by Sahil : 21st July 2015 at 18:31.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 18:54   #68
BHPian
 
xtremeshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 363
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
However, by no means can I call the RS5 a comfortable ride over broken roads, it is no doubt very stiff and focused on handling over comfort.
Regarding the brakes, the ceramic ones are optional and cost a bomb. I haven't seen any RS5's in India with this option. I wish they gave it standard as the brakes could at times do with a little more bite. Like they say, you can never have enough braking power.
7kmpl on the highway is good and can be achieved only if it were cruising for the most part and not much spirited driving.
I had ridden in it and it felt reasonably comfortable to me, the soft suspension setting was on the bumpy section and on the highway the dynamic.

I guess I could be mistaken on the Ceramic Brakes as standard, but my friend had got it straight from the factory and he claims he did not pay extra for it so I assumed it could be standard.

The mileage we got in this particular trip was 6 with normal petrol and reasonable driving, it could be because he had follow us
Attached Thumbnails
From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img20150721wa0115.jpg  

xtremeshock is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:13   #69
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
That's the facelift RS5 that comes with 20inch alloys that is the culprit behind the fragile tyre. I haven't had any issues as my rims are 19inch. The ride is stiff enough and profile is low enough, 20s are an overkill for India.

You can order tires via tirerack.com and have it shipped to India duty paid within a few days itself by paying much less than buying it from the dealer. Check out this thread for more info: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...k-com-usa.html
My car has only done 12k kms only so replacing tyres is a bit far off but when I do I think I will order them online and have them shipped here from USA. I might even consider some comfortable runflats as this car does not have a space wheel.
My tire sealant liquid is almost expiring, the dealer has got a new one for me that costs 3500rs but I am thinking of order Slime tire sealant instead(does it do the same job?): http://www.snapdeal.com/product/slim...dorCode=Sbfbed

By the way, is that car in the image your cars?

No sir, dont have a RS5 yet , I review Luxury automobiles for a living. I have not driven one with the 19 inchers, but the 20" looks damn good and offer an extremely tight grip. Not too sure about the Slime tyre sealant if I am not wrong Dunlop makes those for Audi. Duties, taxes, super inflate the costs, perhaps you can get the same thing from the US. Perhaps a relative or friend can send it across. I would not recommend using other products for something as crucial as tyres, considering you would be touching high speeds so why put things at an unnecessary risk.
masteryoda83 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 23:10   #70
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,340
Thanked: 9,474 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Audi RS5 at Eastern Express Highway, Mumbai.

The subtle lines and the wide stance make the car look very classy, yet sporty at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_4001.jpg  

//M is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 00:39   #71
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,212
Thanked: 4,453 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Hello Sahil,

Just noticed that your RS-5 is on sale on our classifieds. So what's gonna replace it?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...Audi/RS5.html/
v12 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 18:08   #72
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,468
Thanked: 3,024 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hello Sahil,

Just noticed that your RS-5 is on sale on our classifieds. So what's gonna replace it?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...Audi/RS5.html/
Exploring something but yet reluctant to let her go!! Only if a compelling offer comes, I will consider the upgrade I have in mind(too premature to reveal.Hint: it is def V8).

The car is too dear to me and yet covered under warranty with no trouble in the past few years so if this itch I have to "upgrade" doesn't work out I might just take her off the market soon. Eitherways I will have absolutely no regret

Last edited by Sahil : 19th December 2017 at 18:13.
Sahil is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:02   #73
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 51,441
Thanked: 115,520 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Exploring something...too premature to reveal).
Why do I have the feeling it's:
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 11:20   #74
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,468
Thanked: 3,024 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why do I have the feeling it's:
I wish GTO, I wish!!

Don’t think I’m ready for a rari yet. Besides even if I could get one, roads in Mumbai are just not ready. Besides the sea link and BKC, we got nothing!

Delhi and Bangalore are so much better with their infrastructure that you could even use a supercar as your daily ride.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th January 2018 at 17:27. Reason: Removing youtube video from quote :)
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 12:13   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 1,383
Thanked: 2,339 Times
Default Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Delhi and Bangalore are so much better with their infrastructure that you could even use a supercar as your daily ride.
Bangalore seriously? While the road surface is decent in Bangalore, they are narrow,congested and no traffic sense. If situation is worse in Mumbai wondering what state it is in!
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Looking for info on good "Resorts" or "Home stays" in Madikeri lohithrao Route / Travel Queries 44 18th September 2014 13:18
Does anyone here watch "Overhaulin" on "Travel N Living"? Shan2nu Shifting gears 39 18th January 2011 23:17
What makes some cars the "winners" and others the "losers" ? mithun The Indian Car Scene 1 13th June 2007 06:55
Audi RS5 "M3 beater?" to be launched early next year "PICS" highwayblaze The International Automotive Scene 9 18th May 2007 01:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks