Team-BHP - The 400+ BHP Family Car - C63 AMG
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   The 400+ BHP Family Car - C63 AMG (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/132449-400-bhp-family-car-c63-amg.html)

I got a chance to drive and experience, what may seem the ordinary C-class with big wheels and a fancy bumpers, It’s a family tourer with 4 doors, Comfort seating, Air conditioning, Music system and the usual stuff.

The surprise is under the hood that makes the difference, Once you press the accelerator, It goes 0-100 under 5 seconds! Dream? Yes! But its true.
This is the real deal. It’s the C-63 AMG. 400+ horses powered by the 6.3 liter V8 and exhaust note sounds like a Trumpet. Often to be mistaken as a normal C-class, It seems the car for people who don’t seek attention while driving. Take it to the race track and you shall get all the attention. The AMG division for Mercedes-Benz has done its magic.

The question that rises, this being such a package, yet why we don’t see it too often? Unlike the BMW M3 which is relatively easier to spot.
When we look at it, It seems like a C-Class with bigger wheels and fancy bumpers. Even on the inside, The red leather with sport seats and a bit of carbon fiber panels here and there are the only differentiators , But then you once the engine starts, At exhaust note is heard to welcome you or to warn you.. hmm!

Its calm and peaceful under 3000 rpm, While moving in the traffic no one gives a stare, It can mingle into traffic without people taking pictures of it. Its only until you pass 4000 rpm and floor it while shifting gears with the paddle in the M-mode, The butterfly values open up and the music to ears will play and traffic will move aside. The torque will push you inside the seat and the contours on the seat will hold you in the corners, The passengers next you will pray for their lives.

Some may not agree for it being worth the buy at the price point in india sadly due to high import duties, But for those who can afford it and have a need for pure power with out flamboyance, seeking a practical daily drive.. this may be your answer.
It shall fit in your garage, It will go over all speed bumps, Your family can enjoy a ride with you, Its got all comfort features and its has ALL the power you may need.

Thanks to Silver Arrows for the Experience and Karan Malik for assistance in taking pictures.

Amazing review and crazy pictures.
Have had a spin in cal's C63,the experience was mind blowing.The car touches some insane speeds really quick.

Once when I was returning home from the airport just about when the peak hours were going to start, (I was driving a friend's swift) I was about to shift to the left lane, so I just glanced at the left-side mirror and saw there was a C-Class(just out of the showroom) coming in that lane so I didn't move into it. As it passed i was quick to notice the quad exhausts and the "C63" badge. It was followed by a gypsy with bodyguards.
I tried my best by going in every space I got, to get beside it and treat my eyes but due to the traffic I couldn't. My friend told "Why are you getting so hyper on seeing a C-CLass" I told him "It is not just a C-Class,Its the C63" He didn't get it though lol:
As you have stated it is so understated. If not for a car enthusiast anyone would pass it as a normal C-Class.

-Bhargav

Superb pictures. Daily, I go past the Mercedes Showroom at the Link Road, Andheri(W) and once (around 2 months ago), happened to check this out in the solid red shade. Was being prepped for delivery and looked droolworthy.

That was the only chance when I got to see this beauty in person. The red color totally lends a sporty look and makes her look Godly!

-Shivang Gandotra

Fantastic pictures mate.

This car sounds absolutely insane. I remember seeing this on the road once and the driver saw 100 meters of open road and he went for it. The sound that followed was deafening. This is seriously one mad car.

Love the title & your introductory post. Truly a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidaboy (Post 3039563)
Its calm and peaceful under 3000 rpm, While moving in the traffic no one gives a stare, It can mingle into traffic without people taking pictures of it.

And once you floor it, all hell breaks loose :Shockked::Shockked:

The beauty of Merc AMGs is in the balance of work & fun. They are refined & comfortable for the drive to work, or the weekend party. When it's time for fun, you've got 450 horses, 600 Nm of torque, leechlike grip & an addictive exhaust note to play with.

You are very lucky, thanks for sharing the experience with us!

Superb review, great pics ! The 6.3L AMG engine is a masterpiece, I drove one several times during my college days in Boston however in the CLS body type. The engine just sounded so so brutal. It sounded like a true american muscle car but drove with a precise and smooth German finesse.

I joined the 400+ bhp car club last month, although my car being a coupe is not quite a family car I am just so pleased with my decision ! I use it as my daily drive, I reach work happy and I leave work happy :D

Mumbai roads have evolved over the years, they are no where near satisfactory levels however there are some roads in the city that are truly good: BWSL, BKC, Worli Sea Face, etc to make a few. If your daily drive happens to be on such roads, then it is well worth getting one of these 400bhp monsters.

The number of Indians opting for a powerful daily driver cars are a growing number but yet less than rather flashy/impractical ones that are only taken out at night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidaboy (Post 3039563)
Take it to the race track and you shall get all the attention. The AMG division for Mercedes-Benz has done its magic.

Bang on! That's without a doubt and I have witnessed it in last years track drag event organised by MECC (Madras Exotic Car Club) at the MMSC race track here in Chennai.

There was a C63 AMG that blew most of the other super cars in several drags that it participated.