Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2013, 12:12   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Driving Lamborghinis at the Buddh International Circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
One could make out difference between the LP550 and LP570 just from your comments in the video.
Well i didn't really get to push the 550-2 too much, since i had the superleggera kissing my tail the whole way though, and that made me a little uncomfortable.

In the 570-4 i had a lot more room to experience it. Power wise, the difference isn't much (I'm really kicking myself for not using the paddles more) - but the braking feel has a major difference. To be honest, I'm not sure if the stopping distance is changed by much when both are used perfectly - (the main advantages of the ceramic brakes are reduced fade and less rotational mass) - but the sharpness of the pedal is what creates a perceived difference in the braking, as well as of course the quicker bite giving the driver the advantage of a faster reaction time.

Doctorque was telling me he preferred the more progressive feel of the steel brakes to the carbon ceramics. I wonder if thats also the way they've been set up - to be safer on the streets, whereas the superleggera has a sharper track focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
A suggestion, next time, put a GoPro on the car in front and back to get some external shots.
I did do this (you can see a few short clips) but didn't turn out so great since:
1) Wide angle go-pro meant that the car behind looks far off / tiny
2) Closed back started to fog up the lens quite quickly (should have used the skeleton)
3) Heat from the engine only added to the fogging on the lens

Was quite happy with my new HERO3 black though (used inside the car only).

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Some get to drive them on our streets but extracting the true potential of these bulls on a full fledged race track is an experience
True. Both have their advantages, but I'd pick the track. Next time they should put some 1.2L hatchbacks out there as well, just to give people the "real world" sense of relative speed

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th February 2013 at 12:17.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 13:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Man, I can't imagine the amount of fun you must have had at the track and that too with these Italian bulls. I'm so envious of you right now

Brilliant pics. Video will have to wait till i get home but I'm sure it's going to be loud and a lot of fun.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 28th February 2013, 14:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Well i didn't really get to push the 550-2 too much, since i had the superleggera kissing my tail the whole way though, and that made me a little uncomfortable.
Looks like you had an awesome time (with some "I should/would have done this differently" after-thoughts)... These cars are just too overwhelming and that's the fun of these trackdays and cars on tracks - You carry these thoughts along and even dream of it for a few nights I can still remember my first track day experience in a much simpler but fun Lotus Elise... Addictive to say the least.

Did you manage to get some drift action in the 550-2?? The other "4wd" siblings don't let you go sideways as much...(or was this also one of the "Damn.. i should have shifted down a couple of gears at the hairpin and given it some throttle" moments after it was over

Last edited by R32_GTR : 28th February 2013 at 14:37. Reason: added text
R32_GTR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks