Team-BHP - Scoop: Jaguar F-Type spotted in Pune!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Scoop: Jaguar F-Type spotted in Pune! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/136353-scoop-jaguar-f-type-spotted-pune.html)

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion over on our F-Type Official Review!

The hotly anticipated F-type was spotted in Pune ! Probably undergoing homologation !

Courtesy : http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/s...r-f-type-75692

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedaUsername (Post 3120118)
Saw the Jaguar F type, the new shape at Baner in the evening yesterday. What a car, looked pristine in white with the top down. Going by where it was spotted, ain't very difficult to guess who the potential owner could be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedaUsername (Post 3120604)
I have been in an XK-R, so I am sure it was the F type. Honestly I did not expect to see a F type so early. If I had not been driving, I would have clicked some pics.

First spotting reported in the Pune thread :thumbs up

More pictures from IAB.

Already spotted? Wonderful :thumbs up

I think its going to be officially released in July.

Going by the location, it seems to be clicked close to the Tata Motors plant. Could very well be a car that is brought down for homologation.

I have a feeling that the Jag F-type will be a hit in India.

Although I do own a Jaguar myself, I'm not necessarily a big Jaguar fan perse. There's been several models that never appealed to me at all.

This one does! Big time. Very nice car indeed. Check out the latest Topgear issue (UK version) where they test the three different engine variants.

Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 3121493)
Check out the latest Topgear issue (UK version) where they test the three different engine variants.

And where in India do you expect us to buy a UK version of the magazine ?

Better still, wait for the Official Review.

I hear many auto journos were invited to Spain for the F-Type drive. A Bhpian too had attended. Was Team-BHP there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa (Post 3121504)

Why not? They're available at all leading bookstores like Landmark/Starmark as well reputed libraries & institutions all over the country.

Brilliant catch man!! Hopefully this car will be a massive hit in India because it looks astounding :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyAn! (Post 3121599)

Why not? They're available at all leading bookstores like Landmark/Starmark as well reputed libraries & institutions all over the country.

Even local newspaper stalls on the streets. But that's the Indian version. He specifically mentioned the UK version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taronish_E (Post 3121705)
Brilliant catch man!! Hopefully this car will be a massive hit in India because it looks astounding :D

Everything depends on the pricing, and going by the current import duties, I don't think this will come cheap.

wow, looks completely out of place in India. Never mind, hope better and hotter colours come soon.

Good catch that by IAB. There are rumours that this will be priced at over a crore. I had earlier thought this would be more of a car that will be slotted below the XK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa (Post 3121723)
Even local newspaper stalls on the streets. But that's the Indian version. He specifically mentioned the UK version.

Off-topic, but even I'm talking about the UK version. I've come across it at a couple of leading bookstores( Starmark, Calcutta to name one) and libraries. Our college library had a paid subscription to UK editions of both Top Gear and Autocar. They retail at 800 to 900 bucks a piece here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 3121493)
Check out the latest Topgear issue (UK version) where they test the three different engine variants.

Jeroen

May be this is what he intended:
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/j...gear-2013-4-18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa (Post 3121504)

Well, I don't know about the whole of India. I live in Delhi and I can think of at least 4-5 shops where they keep a very good selection of all sorts of international/UK magazines. On Khan market alone there are three shops that sell them. I'm into (classic) cars, aviation, photography and yachting. I can get all the international/UK magazines I used to be able to get in the USA and the UK right here in several locations.

Alternatively, you can take out a subscription, which sometimes works out even cheaper. Classic & Sports car (UK edition) gets delivered to our home by mail and so does Motorboat (UK edition). But they're here on the shelves of the same 4-5 shops in Delhi as well. Even areas like Vasant Vihar has two places where they stock up on various international magazines (C-block). Certainly the UK Topgear, the classic car magazines the boating and the aviation magazine such as Flying. (international/USA version)

My wife and I just like browsing books/magazines. Bit of a ritual. Once a month we go stock up on (International Magazines) usually at Khan market or so, then go have a nice lunch somewhere in Delhi. We eat, drink, talk and read our magazines a bit. Very enjoyable. Now, if I could only go there in my Jaguar it would be really perfect!

Jeroen