Team-BHP - Pics: Imports gathering dust in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Imports gathering dust in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/13744-pics-imports-gathering-dust-india-18.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 705049)
Seems like a mid-80's VW. Wonder why the owner hasn't tried to fix the car.

Most probably non-availability of parts or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 705058)
Most probably non-availability of parts or something.

Quite possible. But as a general rule,isn't it possible,atleast 6 out of 10 times,to replace a part with something very similar to the original part (the one thats not functioning/damaged) ? With so many engines available in the market,is it really that hard to replace components? I agree,finance is the #1 aspect,but if thats in place, this proposition is possible,right?

It is a proposition yes but this requires an expert at "Jugaad" with the technical expertise & also availability of parts. In a small town/city in Gujarat it might just not have been possible to have both the expertise & parts together.

Small towns can have some skilled people too. Could be more because of lack of parts. A stone's throw away from this neglected beauty is an oil burning M800. Should get the pics next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 705049)
Seems like a mid-80's VW. Wonder why the owner hasn't tried to fix the car.

This is a US made VW Rabit. VW decided to manufacture the Rabbit in the US and screed up big time. They garnished it with vchrome, softened the feel and as someone said, "they maliburized the rabbit!".

Most probably, a lot of euro parts may not fit this car

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 696169)
Hehe close. Thats a Fiat Spyder.

that car is no more though...its sold..i wanted to buy it but the price was too high..

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYRUS43 (Post 705301)
that car is no more though...its sold..i wanted to buy it but the price was too high..

Do you mind sharing how much it went for? Just for future reference.

her is a car lying in nashik..anyone know what it is?

It is a Honda Quintet, based on the second gen Honda Civic/ Ballade platform, early 1980's

Its a HONDA QUINTET 5dr hatchback(80-85),was finally replaced by integra. It was also called rover quintet(may be some collab.). Also read somewhere its from 2nd gen civic family...

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 705312)
Do you mind sharing how much it went for? Just for future reference.

what i was told was 3.5 laks...i doubt that though..i have heard from sources that it went for around 1.75ish

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 705351)
Its a HONDA QUINTET 5dr hatchback(80-85),was finally replaced by integra. It was also called rover quintet(may be some collab.). Also read somewhere its from 2nd gen civic family...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 705339)
It is a Honda Quintet, based on the second gen Honda Civic/ Ballade platform, early 1980's

how many of these are there in india? this is the first time i am hearing the name even..everytime i pass by the car i sigh and wish someone cared for it

there was one Ballade owned by afriend of mine who was a budding actor and a son of a very famous yester year actor. The front looked very similar to that eras accord with minor grille changes. That and one more are the only two examples i have ever come across.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 704776)
Quite true,jayabusa.
I personally know people who've imported cars,and then treat them like they are cheaper than bullock-carts,hardly doing anything to keep the machine running. :deadhorse

Not just that Nitin, even bullock-carts are treated in a better manner than these beauties which are dream machines for many of us.
By the way, Why are you beating that poor bullock? lol:
Just kidding buddy!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayabusa (Post 705660)
Not just that Nitin, even bullock-carts are treated in a better manner than these beauties which are dream machines for many of us.
By the way, Why are you beating that poor bullock? lol:
Just kidding buddy!!

I was trying to represent the owners of such cars.They buy the goodies,but treat them like crap. So.. get them to 'spread eagle', and wham wham wham..go on with a baseball club.!
cheers:

here are some more in mumbai..andheri