Team-BHP Support

Judging by the number plate of the merc, it is between 1983-1984 reg
Old 8th September 2008, 23:25   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
where exactly in the ashram was that?
just adjecent to in entrance within the complex

from the outside its guarded by barbed wire fencing but there must be an access to it from inside the ashram complex
Old 9th September 2008, 02:10   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Judging by the number plate of the merc, it is between 1983-1984 reg
Thats right, looks like a UK plate and A plated cars as Ajmat has stated were 1983-1984.

G reg which is on the Porsche is for 1989-1990.
Old 9th September 2008, 09:17   #334
Senior - BHPian

oh ok i guess you are talking about the cars in the compound of that bunglow next to the cricket ground inside the ashram. which other cars did you see there? i guess there is a gypsi there also right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
just adjecent to in entrance within the complex

from the outside its guarded by barbed wire fencing but there must be an access to it from inside the ashram complex
Old 9th September 2008, 10:06   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Ah, ok. The 30 lakhs is for the 911 and not the Merc. Didn't ask about the Merc. Unless, my cousin did.
Thx for info Straight6 so assume the owners surrendered the car and it has been cleared for sale by Goa customes?
Old 16th September 2008, 09:13   #336
BHPian

993 carrera Cabrio

Well I just rescued a 993 Carrera from Delhi. You won't believe the shape it was in. I have now been spending months and tons of money bringing this baby slowly back to life.

It was completely busted - didnt even have an ECU. Instead of the cross member at the back there was a metal rood tied at both ends with nylon rope.

Paid top money nonetheless - cause for me there is only one Porsche ever - the 993.

Very typical of Delhi cars to be neglected and abused - something about Delhi culture I guess - or quite the lack of it maybe.

This is my second project. The first was a rare JD spec 1993 MR2 Turbo hard top direct import ( bought in 2005 from a customs auction) that ive restored to better than new.

I'd love to upload a photo (and Ive been photographing both cars at every stage of restoration) but I guess the folks a Team BHP will take a while to approve that.

Regards all
salty dog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2008, 11:05   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
this is the pictures of the bmw x5 that is also catching dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
here is the lexus rx 300 also catching up on some rest.

Buddy!! Are these vehicels parked in front of the Customs Building in CGO Complex??
The_Warrior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2008, 11:14   #338
Senior - BHPian

That is great news salty dog. the 993 is a beautiful car and i wonder why the car was treated in such a fashion. These cars do take up alot of money and time as everything has to be imported.
What colour is the Mr2? A friend of mine has a JD spec turbo too, and the car is a beast.
I would love to know more about the reserection of the porsche and you could start a new thread on the life of the it.
Cars get neglected and abused all over the country not only in Delhi. In Bombay there is a 1960's porsche 911 and a 1970's lotus eclat, both being rare cars rotting away.
i think as soon as you become a Bhpian then you would be able to upload pictures.

@ Warrior yes these are the same cars.

Last edited by speedy : 16th September 2008 at 11:16.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2008, 13:01   #339
BHPian

The MR2 is red in colour - goes like a rocket too. Good fun stuff.

I have modded it a little - a new intercooler, exhaust, flywheel etc. As for the rest everything has been restored to stock from the clutcth kit down to even the switches. It really is as good as absolutely new,

Working along the same lines on the 993 - except that everything costs 5 times.

I plan a power upgrade but want to it scientifically - have not been able to find anyone with any real experience with turbo upgrades and engine mapping. I would also want then to look at a suspension upgrade.

No boy racer stuff for me.
Old 16th September 2008, 14:44   #340
BHPian

Speedy

Is the Goa custom Porsche still waiting to be sold - any news. I am very interested.
Old 16th September 2008, 14:44   #341
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'd love to upload a photo (and Ive been photographing both cars at every stage of restoration) but I guess the folks a Team BHP will take a while to approve that.
Where did that come from? Pictures will be approved as soon as posts are! I look forward to seeing the restoration pics.
Old 16th September 2008, 16:02   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty dog View Post
Well I just rescued a 993 Carrera from Delhi. You won't believe the shape it was in. I have now been spending months and tons of money bringing this baby slowly back to life.

It was completely busted - didnt even have an ECU. Instead of the cross member at the back there was a metal rood tied at both ends with nylon rope.

Paid top money nonetheless - cause for me there is only one Porsche ever - the 993.

Very typical of Delhi cars to be neglected and abused - something about Delhi culture I guess - or quite the lack of it maybe.
HAHA. i was about to buy the car you are talking about... and i believe you did get it at a decent price. i had offered more but you had beaten me to it. enjoy the auto cab 993. 993 is the best porsche of all time. currently trying to deal on a 993 turbo! by the way... other then the ecu, and the car having been parked for long... i didn't see much wrong with it. but i'm sure you could fill me in. somewhere in my early posts you'll find pics of my silver 993 cab. cheers and enjoy your 993

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th November 2008 at 00:49. Reason: Quote fixed.
liv2drv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2008, 16:31   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty dog View Post
Speedy

Is the Goa custom Porsche still waiting to be sold - any news. I am very interested.
ur in line my friend .
Cannonball and myself did some research and the car has legal issues with it and hence cannot be sold. The car is still in Goa customs.
Old 16th September 2008, 16:32   #344
BHPian

can i get some details on where these customs are located and how can I go about purchasing a vehicle from there?
Old 16th September 2008, 16:46   #345
BHPian

oops sorry I thought I had to wait a while - just scrolled to see the attachments section - very poor with computers. Heres when I went to pick up the car! And when it arrived at Porsche Delhi
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 1a.bmp (527.6 KB, 1424 views)
File Type: bmp 1b.bmp (527.6 KB, 933 views)
File Type: bmp 1c.bmp (582.1 KB, 903 views)
salty dog is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks