Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 19:10   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty dog View Post
oops sorry I thought I had to wait a while - just scrolled to see the attachments section - very poor with computers. Heres when I went to pick up the car! And when it arrived at Porsche Delhi

Salty Dog the car you picked up used to be another color and was repainted in Mumbai (the could not get the chip gaurd should be transparent)a good friend who owns an immaculate 993 with 9000 miles told me. I think his is the best maintained original 993 in the world. Its looks like it just got of the assembly line.

Is your car being restored in Pune?
canonball is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2008, 19:16   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HAHA. i was about to buy the car you are talking about... and i believe you did get it at a decent price. i had offered more but you had beaten me to it. enjoy the auto cab 993. 993 is the best porsche of all time. currently trying to deal on a 993 turbo! by the way... other then the ecu, and the car having been parked for long... i didn't see much wrong with it. but i'm sure you could fill me in. somewhere in my early posts you'll find pics of my silver 993 cab. cheers and enjoy your 993
993 Turbo thats one great car...I am sure you are importing it...all these prosches in India are the papers in order?...i wonder a guy I am talking to showed me pics of a great car in super condition looke really hot when I asked bill of ladding/bill of entry he has gone silent??? What gives

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th November 2008 at 00:50. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 16th September 2008, 22:13   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
can i get some details on where these customs are located and how can I go about purchasing a vehicle from there?
The customs are situated in all cities. the mumbai one is at lions gate and at BPT. the information regarding auctions are printed in the local papers and on the specified day you can go and veiw the cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty dog View Post
oops sorry I thought I had to wait a while - just scrolled to see the attachments section - very poor with computers. Heres when I went to pick up the car! And when it arrived at Porsche Delhi
The car does not look as you have discribed it too be Salty dog. The car is in good condition and as pointed out by Liv2drv except for the ECU which is internal externally it does not need anything.
To upload pictures click on the go advanced button and when the window opens on the top left side an attachment sign is seen click it and you can upload.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 1a[1].bmp (527.6 KB, 819 views)
File Type: bmp 1b[1].bmp (527.6 KB, 463 views)
File Type: bmp 1c[1].bmp (582.1 KB, 469 views)
Old 20th September 2008, 03:36   #349
BHPian

Yeah the Porsche looks nice, any pics of the interior?
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:27   #350
BHPian

Guys

The car really is in bad shape - take my word for it. The paints chipped all over. I had to literlly reconstruct the front air splitters - they were cracked and sewn together with metal wire.

And yes it was blue originally - I am torn between polar silver and the original blue for the repaint. Any suggestions.

The Porsch spent 2 months at Porsche Delhi for an engine rebuild. Its currently at Porsche, Pune for work on the suspension and exhaust.

I hope to be able to drive it for a few month before the monsoon and deal with the remaining mechanical issues - and then do a complete exterior restoration in 09 after the rains.

By the way how many 993s are out there. It would be nice to meet up with other owners.

Regards
salty dog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2008, 03:29   #351
LM002

Saw the same 911 in Kolkata in white, with a very loud exhaust. But was a coupe. I managed to peep inside the cabin at the signal and it had only 3k odd miles on it. One hot car!

Old 28th September 2008, 18:35   #352
LM002

I guess it's my lucky week. Saw a porsche lying in a garage in quite a bad shape with no interiors, no headlamps and taillamps. tried to click pics but the gaurd over there stopped me from doing so. I guess it was a 993.

Old 28th September 2008, 21:30   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM002 View Post
I guess it's my lucky week. Saw a porsche lying in a garage in quite a bad shape with no interiors, no headlamps and taillamps. tried to click pics but the gaurd over there stopped me from doing so. I guess it was a 993.
Did the Porsche you saw look like this?

Asking because i am trying to locate a Silver Porsche 928 in Kolkata with TN number plates.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-928_race1.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-92820carrera.jpg  

Old 28th September 2008, 22:19   #354
LM002

There is a similar 928 for sale on Used Cars, New Cars, Sell Car & Bike, Buy Car & Bike, Car Price, Car Reviews - AutoIndia.com
The Porsche I saw looked like this
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-porsche_993_garrera.jpg  

Old 28th September 2008, 23:40   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link , i already saw that car in person 2 weeks back.

It does not eaven start and he is asking 15l for it

I had a 928 and sold it 3 years back. It was sold to Kolkata and i heard now it was not in running condition.
Old 29th September 2008, 00:05   #356
BHPian

the 928 you sold, was it in blue or silver.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:36   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi LM002 when did you see this car and what color was it? The white 993 used to be blue and was painted white in cal, the job was done some time ago because that car is now on the road. thanks & cheers

I have seen a well kept Black 928 in Mumbai it is a later version. Seen it in around worli seaface and other parts of south Mumbai. Yes the Silver one is up for sale in Goregaon/malad have seen pic of it...looks intact from outside..may be worth asecond look...a lot of the Porsches wont start because their injection systems and ECU's/ Kjectronic's were not prept for India...all you need is a new one or even repaire the existing one as the circuts are simple and can be fixed in India. cheers

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th September 2008 at 20:59. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of postnig another consecutive post.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:57   #358
BHPian

@anish9000 - I had the Silver one Tamilnadu Registered.

@canonball - The Malad 928 looks neat no doubt and it is a rare 5 speed manual, but they have messed up the wiring harness in the name of troubleshooting.

Regarding the Bosch LH-Jetronic and the EZK ignition system in the 87+ 928's they are not as simple to repair as you think as i have extensive experience in the same and i also have full factory service manuals.

I offered 7.5l as is condition but they refused. The car needs atleast 3-4l worth of parts to get it in original shape.
Old 29th September 2008, 18:25   #359
LM002

Saw the 993 a week back, it had only the body and chassis.

Old 30th September 2008, 16:57   #360
BHPian

the Bombay 928 was painted last year to make it look a bit better. the car was damaged during the floods... i also put in my offer but changed my mind later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks