Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:40   #406
Team-BHP Support

There was a acam with the Audi 80's. Imported as 1.6 to evade a higher rate of duty. In effect these wre 1.8 litres
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:39   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpaw View Post

Rest half were owned by nouveau rich brats, who got drunk and hit someone and these are pounded by the cops and the case is still in court since 20 years,
How do you know this was the case and it was a so called nouveau rich brat ? Some of these cars cost cheaper than a Maruti 800 now so it could have been anyone. It really puts me off the way some of the people just brand any accident to a rich person and conviniently say he or she was drunk. Do find out who the owners of these cars are before passing such comments. I also feel you need to go to a car dealer and find out the costs of these cars today and you would be in for a pleasent surprise. I bought my 240d mercedes 4 or 5 years ago for Rs 75 thousand does that make me a nouveau rich Brat. Please stop blameing the rich for every accident that you see in an imported car. Its not always the car owners fault. By the way these cars are at the second hand car dealers yard and not at the cop pound.

Last edited by speedy : 22nd July 2009 at 11:42.
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:41   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
There was a acam with the Audi 80's. Imported as 1.6 to evade a higher rate of duty. In effect these wre 1.8 litres
A (now) famous Dj's father was involved in that scam if I remember correctly. He had passed away shortly after being caught.
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:58   #409
Senior - BHPian

No way that guy went to school with me in ST Mary's Mumbai, I did not know his father was into cars. I did know the Ayesha motors kid who passed away in a bike accident and his dad was importing these!

I heard when the scam broke out and some 200 cars were brought in a very high number impounded (100)? I may be wrong as figures often tend to egt inflated

Speedy cool it man let the man went his frustration, you and I know very well that what he is saying is somewhat true as a trend. You are right as this particular car may have changed so many hands and is so old that the latest breed of Lambo, Maserati, BMW & Merc driving brats wont be caught dead in them and any common man can buy them.

Speedy never seen you snap like that here good to now you are still alive and kicking dud.

Last edited by canonball : 22nd July 2009 at 19:08.
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:27   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
No way that guy went to school with me in ST Mary's Mumbai, I did not know his father was into cars. I did know the Ayesha motors kid who passed away in a bike accident and his dad was importing these!
If I remember correctly he was into bikes as well. It was a long long time ago. Before the DJ became a DJ They lived on Pali Hill above a very famous ice cream store then. If we talking about the same person that should be a clue.

Last edited by Raj1008 : 22nd July 2009 at 20:36.
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:26   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post

Speedy cool it man let the man went his frustration, you and I know very well that what he is saying is somewhat true as a trend. You are right as this particular car may have changed so many hands and is so old that the latest breed of Lambo, Maserati, BMW & Merc driving brats wont be caught dead in them and any common man can buy them.

Speedy never seen you snap like that here good to now you are still alive and kicking dud.
I am cool my friend. It just trigers me off when for everything a rich person i blamed. It sound like its a crime to have money or something. You die to see a fancy car on the road, you praise the owner for buying it and say what a choice. The minute the car meets with an accident for whatever reason, you dont even bother to find out the facts but instantly blame the owner and conviniently say he was drunk, as though no one else can afford a drink except the rich. Somewhat i would agree too as the rich have been branded as being the culprits but all i ask is varify and then say things, dont just assume. So true, i have an example in my own house. My cousin would refuse to sit in my 240d as he found it old and not happening. He drives the Prado and the X5.

I am sorry if someone got offended by my post but truth of the matter is you need to know the facts and all rich kids are not brats and accidents can happen with anyone and at anytime. So point fingers at others if you know the facts and not fiction.

Very much alive and kicking brother .
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:37   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Its at a local garage very close to my place, spotted this BMW 316i y'day which came for some radiator work or sumtin. Also lying there was an old Merc.

Does not seem so old to me.Just looks unused
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:50   #413
Senior - BHPian

Yes taj the same guy I think his mother still lives there. Taj now I remember he was into bikes and DJ was given one in 10th standard and then all his other friends in pali hill including ayesha motors kid got one. Now I remember he mentioned father's bike import business. Did not know he was in for the Audi scam as well. Wow
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:54   #414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Does not seem so old to me.Just looks unused
This car was very much used and was in garage for some repair. Mostly because there was a delay in sourcing parts.

Used to be the place where i used to take my cars when i was in Trivandrum. The owner of the car had another beemer and had almost all the equipment at home for regular maintenance, only more labor intensive work was carried out at the garage.
Old 1st August 2009, 15:18   #415
BHPian

Toyota Camry

My humble Contribution to this thread..

A Toyota Camry in thalassery,kerala
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-100_2257.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-100_2258.jpg  

rihan01234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2009, 11:59   #416
Senior - BHPian

Thats pre 92 Camry. Lexus had even an E250 based on this one.
Old 2nd August 2009, 15:20   #417
BHPian

Quote:
cuz half of these were imported illegally and cannot be registered to drive again.

Rest half were owned by nouveau rich brats, who got drunk and hit someone and these are pounded by the cops and the case is still in court since 20 years,

1.How many 80's were owned by nouvea rich brats?

2. did they all get drunk and hit someone?

3. all of them have been impounded by the cops?

4. The other half were all illegally imported?

5. So there is no such thing as a legit Audi of its kind in India?

6. Do you really think what you said is logical?
Old 2nd August 2009, 16:28   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious55 View Post
It was a real tank. It was replaced by the A4. This model is the one which replaced Ravi Shastri's Audi (The no. was MFA1, I think).
Yes it was a real tank but tanks also deteriarate if not taken care of.

What Ravi Shastri has/had is/was an Audi 100 which would be equivalent to the A6 or the C4 which replaced it. The Audi 80 was replaced by the B4 Audi 80 later being replaced by the A4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Cant these be restored? why are people not interested in these cars?
Of course they can be restored. Depends on what abuse they have taken. YOu are right, maybe now they are still not branded as "Classics"

Quote:
People may leave it to be rotten to death. But may not give it free to somebody who is interested to restore.
Easily said than done my friend. No one gives it away free but one may give it away for a throwaway price which is almost for free.

Would you like to restore a similar car with a good engine and automatic gearbox? The price is almost free. PM me if you or anybody else is serious.

Quote:
cuz half of these were imported illegally and cannot be registered to drive again.

Do not agree with your bifurcation at all. Firstly that is not a good thing to say, secondly you definitely dont have proof to back up your statement. Generalisation does not work here im afraid. I know you did not mean it literally but your statement might hurt ex or present owners, especially rich ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
It sound like its a crime to have money or something.

The minute the car meets with an accident for whatever reason, you dont even bother to find out the facts but instantly blame the owner and conviniently say he was drunk, as though no one else can afford a drink except the rich.

So point fingers at others if you know the facts and not fiction.
I will have to agree with Speedy on the above. It is not a crime to be well settled as so many wealthy people will tell you.

Good to have you back Abhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihan01234 View Post
My humble Contribution to this thread..

A Toyota Camry in thalassery,kerala
A spiced car from Spice Country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
1.How many 80's were owned by nouvea rich brats?

2. did they all get drunk and hit someone?

3. all of them have been impounded by the cops?

4. The other half were all illegally imported?

5. So there is no such thing as a legit Audi of its kind in India?

6. Do you really think what you said is logical?
See DJpaw, i told you your words would be hard to digest....!! and i agree with liv2drv here.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2009, 11:46   #419
Senior - BHPian

These imports were spotted in & out of a garage near Linkaragapuram @ Blore.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-31072009002.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-31072009008.jpg  

Attached Images

hanmust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2009, 13:45   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
These imports were spotted in & out of a garage near Linkaragapuram @ Blore.
Whats the car in the first picture? which brand?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks