Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 22:22   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
Here are the leftovers from the famous ED siezure of cars evading duty. There is one more LEXUS SUV parked on the other side, couldn't get a clear picture of it, will get one next time. It is such a crime to see them like this, wish there was a way to rescue these good looking beauties.
I had posted the sme pictures atleast a year ago in the same condition on this thread. The cars as i can see are yet in a little worse condition than they were then. I had spken to the DRI guys and there were cases put by the owners due to which the cars cannot be auctioned or sold to anyone else. I was keen on the Land cruisers, The 5 series bmw and the X5. The X5 is a 4.5 supercharged one. The only way to rescue thm is to find the owners and have them withdraw the case on the cars and then you can buy them after paying the penalty. They wont be cheap for the condition they are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
That's the full sized LC.. Land crusier..
you mean LC 101. I never knew you get a half and full sized LC's Fx45 .
Old 1st December 2009, 22:51   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Prado in the last pic has its window open is it from impounded lot ? if so man interiors should be in shambles....
It doesn't look like the window is open. I think it is a door visor that makes it look like that.

Its really sad to see these beauties rot like this.
Old 1st December 2009, 23:08   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
It doesn't look like the window is open. I think it is a door visor that makes it look like that.

Its really sad to see these beauties rot like this.
I think that was clarified by duke..

Quote:
Yeah, there are about 8 Prado's there... Seems like that SUV was the favorite amongst the evaders. Closely followed by the Merc S Class of which about 6 of them. The Prado's window appeared to have been broken and there is nothing left inside, almost everything that it had inside (stereo, and watever else on the dashboard) is not there anymore.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:30   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I had posted the sme pictures atleast a year ago in the same condition on this thread. The cars as i can see are yet in a little worse condition than they were then. I had spken to the DRI guys and there were cases put by the owners due to which the cars cannot be auctioned or sold to anyone else. I was keen on the Land cruisers, The 5 series bmw and the X5. The X5 is a 4.5 supercharged one. The only way to rescue thm is to find the owners and have them withdraw the case on the cars and then you can buy them after paying the penalty. They wont be cheap for the condition they are in.

you mean LC 101. I never knew you get a half and full sized LC's Fx45 .
As everyone know, that Prado is the smaller sized version of the LC and so I meant to tell you that this is the Larger size or the full size LC hope this helps.
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:14   #455
BHPian

@Speedy - Sorry for the repost, didn't know it had already been posted.

I asked around and I was told that there are more in the basement, and these cars are outside because the basement is full, a quick peep into the basement revealed around 50 ambassadors in various stages of decay, couldn't see any exotics in there, will wait till i get a full tour of the basement. A constable posted at the basement entrance said that there was a "HUGE" jeep inside as well, i suspect it could be a hummer or something that's as big as that.
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:11   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
A constable posted at the basement entrance said that there was a "HUGE" jeep inside as well, i suspect it could be a hummer or something that's as big as that.

There is the Hummer H2 in there. Black one if i recall right. White one was cleared.
Old 21st January 2010, 18:15   #457
BHPian

well so sorry to see the state of these cars,Well the govt. should see that these impounded cars should be properly covered or placed in a warehouse at least cause the owners after all are paying so much cash for these cars in the first place.
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:36   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Well the govt. should see that these impounded cars should be properly covered or placed in a warehouse at least cause the owners after all are paying so much cash for these cars in the first place.
Wish some govt officials hear this and act accordingly.
Seems like the owners tend to loose their love for their cars once it gets impounded!
Old 23rd January 2010, 01:36   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Wish some govt officials hear this and act accordingly.
Seems like the owners tend to loose their love for their cars once it gets impounded!
I think it should be prime responsibility of the owner first. I saw temporary registered endeavour one time in police and it was in a bad or way more worst condition.The wipers were gone.The taillights were broken.I ask the cop there why is it like that.He said neither owner nor his family members ever took care of it.Why should we make a space for it inside then.The people who takes care have their impounded cars parked inside with original tyres.Then i realised oh my god howcome this endeavour tyres are bald.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:03   #460
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine snapped this in Shivajinagar !
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-bmw.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2010, 18:39   #461
Senior - BHPian

This Mercedes W123 is laying at Mercedes' Cochin dealership for a long time.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_4538.jpg  

hanmust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:29   #462
BHPian

Just went through all the pages in one go and i am leaving this page with a very heavy heart. Wish i had the money to get some of them. Will the impound cars be put on action or can they be bought with paying an amount as fine? If so any idea for how much it would cost for the Land Cruisers? Any rough quotations?
Old 19th February 2010, 15:52   #463
BHPian

Spotted a Yellow colored VW Beetle, Ginger Vouge & Chevy around Hyderabad. Will get the pics this weekend.
Old 19th February 2010, 19:47   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
This Mercedes W123 is laying at Mercedes' Cochin dealership for a long time.
Is that the Muthoot Skychef/Plaza MB Van near that Merc ? I used to see 2 or 3 of these at Muthoot Plaza at times. And, recently they kind of vanished. I once saw a Sprinter at Muthoot Plaza but it didn't have any stickering. Not sure if they own it.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2010, 11:05   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Is that the Muthoot Skychef/Plaza MB Van near that Merc ? I used to see 2 or 3 of these at Muthoot Plaza at times. And, recently they kind of vanished. I once saw a Sprinter at Muthoot Plaza but it didn't have any stickering. Not sure if they own it.
Ya, its the same one, but now badly hit on the front. Sprinter would be Mata Amrita's caravan, or might be some German tourist in caravan whom I had met from Cochin some time back, but unfortunelty that time I had a non-camera phone with me!
hanmust is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed