Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 17:01   #466
BHPian

Spotted this sad Beemer in Worli, Mumbai a couple of months back. Looks like a couple of generations old 3 series coupe.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-23122009095.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-23122009096.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-23122009097.jpg  

Last edited by krazyking : 26th February 2010 at 17:06.
krazyking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2010, 18:50   #467
Senior - BHPian

That Beemer is in a sad state... :(
Old 26th February 2010, 22:01   #468
Team-BHP Support

325 iS means a real drivers car or a poor mans M3. Would make a great track car if restored!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2010, 22:11   #469
Senior - BHPian

If thats really a 325iS, then someone better make a move on it, real fast.
Old 26th February 2010, 22:12   #470
Senior - BHPian

I second that, Anyone to the rescue ? Btw, why are the BMW badges removed ?
Old 26th February 2010, 22:14   #471
BHPian

Yah the car looked like it had some potential. I guess we need someone like Speedy to come and pick this up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Well the BMW dealer warned me about leaving my 5 series out on the streets because people tend to steal the BMW badges. They're worth decent money apparently!

Last edited by krazyking : 26th February 2010 at 22:15.
krazyking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2010, 23:26   #472
Senior - BHPian

There was one more 3 series rotting in bylanes of Masjid, saw it in 2004 last time, should have been scrapped by now.
Old 27th February 2010, 15:24   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Yes it really is a 325is. The car has been in the same spot for a good 8 to 10 years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The badges are stolen brother. Tried but given up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Yah the car looked like it had some potential. I guess we need someone like Speedy to come and pick this up!
Thank you for your faith in me brother. The sad part is that i have spoken to the owner on several occations as i really like the simple lines and the fun element in driving this baby. He just does not budge and claims he has sentimental emotions involved with the car. I wonder why people let the cars rot giving this classic line . The car has a resident too a big fat RAT, that has chewed up most of the wireings and other parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
There was one more 3 series rotting in bylanes of Masjid, saw it in 2004 last time, should have been scrapped by now.
If i remember right that was a four door brother. I could be wrong but some more information would help. If we are on the same page that car did not get scrapped but got sold.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2010, 15:35   #474
Senior - BHPian

Ya speedy something about sentimental value of having her whilst in US-college etc is what he claims why he is holding on to her. He is in the ART business I think there may be a strategy at play here, he wants to create some sort of story around her and when she almost starts falling apart he will sell her as a piece of JUNK er..er I meant art The same question you raised kept nagging me why leave it out like this in the open and she was intact when he left her there meaning no accident damage just some part had given way?! He has enough resources to keep her covered/fix her/keep her running/park her in a closed garage but it seems he has made a diliberate choice to keep her there
Old 27th February 2010, 16:40   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Thank you for your faith in me brother. The sad part is that i have spoken to the owner on several occations as i really like the simple lines and the fun element in driving this baby. He just does not budge and claims he has sentimental emotions involved with the car. I wonder why people let the cars rot giving this classic line . The car has a resident too a big fat RAT, that has chewed up most of the wireings and other parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Ya speedy something about sentimental value of having her whilst in US-college etc is what he claims why he is holding on to her. He is in the ART business I think there may be a strategy at play here, he wants to create some sort of story around her and when she almost starts falling apart he will sell her as a piece of JUNK er..er I meant art The same question you raised kept nagging me why leave it out like this in the open and she was intact when he left her there meaning no accident damage just some part had given way?! He has enough resources to keep her covered/fix her/keep her running/park her in a closed garage but it seems he has made a diliberate choice to keep her there
Okay, even if it is a so called 'sentimental value' object. That doesn't give him any right to leave it lying there rotting away. The least he could do is restore it to running conditions and put it away in some garage or at least put a cover over it and clean it every 6 months. If that's too much to do, then I don't believe he deserves to own such a ride.

Please pardon me if any of you feel offended, but I just had to put it out there.
Old 27th February 2010, 16:49   #476
Senior - BHPian

Scrocher good one I like the

Krazy next time you are in Mumbai I will give you his contact, infact his office is in the same building go there and

And this guy runs an art house!! So much for an art gallery owner/lover/curator I suppose it is all just business imagine if the art world saw this side of him, I am sure if anyone left a prized painting in this condition he would pull his hair out

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by v12 : 27th February 2010 at 17:16.
Old 27th February 2010, 16:56   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Scrocher good one I like the humor

Krazy next time you are in Mumbai I will give you his contact, infact his office is in the same building go there and

And this guy runs an art house!! So much for an art gallery owner/lover/curator I suppose it is all just business imagine if the art world saw this side of him, I am sure if anyone left a prized painting in this condition he would pull his hair out
Haha oh yes I know of it. I've been to his art galleries which are in the same building. Just didn't know that the Beemer belonged to the same owner. He ought to maintain his car like he does with his galleries.
Old 28th February 2010, 00:00   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If i remember right that was a four door brother. I could be wrong but some more information would help. If we are on the same page that car did not get scrapped but got sold.
Probably we are on same page..it was a four door in some sort of dark shade(blackish?)...
Old 28th February 2010, 04:15   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
It was MMF 1 No.1 because in those days he was No.1 cricketer
No it was MFA 1. This car was given to him when he was declared Champion of Champions. Even the duty was waived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
325 iS means a real drivers car or a poor mans M3. Would make a great track car if restored!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Tried to around three four years ago. I was told the car was for sale and I went to see the car. The owner was not available so had some person to show the car to me. It is a 325is, LHD automatic, an American spec. The bumbers had extensive rust begginings on and around the body in certain places. When i saw, the badges were all there but it had a HUGE resident, a big rat who was using the gear console as the bathroom. Driver's seat was eaten and the car was filthy from inside, mouldy smell and all that.

Car had no battery so wouldnt start. In fact we could not get the bonnet to open as the cable had snapped, or so i was told.

The fact is that the car is left like that because the timing chain has snapped, yes snapped, how, what where, i dont know but it is the fact. So there must be extensive damage to the engine thats why she is a non runner and probably thats why her hood was not popped open.

Not for sale and all that sentimental value is all crap. Why was i shown the car if it was not for sale? Maybe the papers are not in order, maybe the car was got under an export bond and cannot be sold, then again that is my opinion. all this might not be.

Needless to say i never went back to waste my time. Over the years she would have deteriorated further, the resident rodent's family might have grown and the mechanicals of the car might have got even more messed up.

Sad but true.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2010, 20:16   #480
Senior - BHPian

She was not particularly well taken care of even before the timing chain went which could be the reason it went!! She was a personal import aparently used by owner whilst at US college, one story I heard was offers made were not to his expectation I suppose he thinks his car is extra special trust me she will go to below junk price if he is ever able to sell her. Parking she occupies is worth more than what she is worth in current condition

Most Viewed