Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 14:43   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
That is indeed a sad sight man ! Sheahh !

Speedy, try and rescue the Jag. And, I don't think the one behind the jag is a Bug. Look closely. It looks like something else(pretty common in my town), Vintage experts, please name it.
Yu right its a moris minor or 1000 and not a beetle.

The picture is a year old and the car is somewhere in Mohali or around is what i gather. I dont know what has happened to the car so unless akshay4587 can help with further information, nothing can be done. There are lots of posibilities to play with in a year. The car could have been sold to a collector or to someone else. It could have been scrapped or it could yet be in the same place but in worst condition.
Old 28th March 2010, 14:45   #512
BHPian

the one behind the jag is a morris minor...
Old 28th May 2010, 00:14   #513
BHPian

these are the pics of an old dodge gathering dust somewhere in mumbai. Got it from a friend of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-old-dodge.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-old-dodge2.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-old-dodge3.jpg  

anupam9557 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2010, 11:16   #514
Senior - BHPian

that car looks straight from a 70s hindi movie
Old 28th May 2010, 16:18   #515
Ram
Senior - BHPian

anupam9557, that is a fifth generation 1965 Dodge Coronet two-door coupe.

Being in India, I suspect it has Dodge's famous and indestructible slant-six.

There was even a Dodge Coronet 440 with a hemispherical headed 7.2 litre Magnum V8, but not here in India.
Ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2010, 20:25   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
anupam9557, that is a fifth generation 1965 Dodge Coronet two-door coupe.

Being in India, I suspect it has Dodge's famous and indestructible slant-six.

There was even a Dodge Coronet 440 with a hemispherical headed 7.2 litre Magnum V8, but not here in India.
Thanks for the info bro.It's pity to see the machine left in this condition . Atleast it can be restored and maintained as a muscle right?
Old 12th July 2010, 01:28   #517
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone please rescue this W126. AFAIK, this is a 280 SE and used to be a daily drive till the late 90's / early 2000's. The car is lying in Malabar Hill and doesnt seem to have moved an inch list 2008 when I had last taken a pic. The car may be having some problems, but definitely doesnt seem to deserve to rot into the earth. Can be a good donor's car too for another W126.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-1261.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-1262.jpg  

Last edited by v12 : 12th July 2010 at 01:31.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2010, 10:21   #518
Senior - BHPian

very nice s class there, sadly the owner isnt bothered about her it seems
Old 12th July 2010, 11:24   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Someone please rescue this W126. AFAIK, this is a 280 SE and used to be a daily drive till the late 90's / early 2000's. The car is lying in Malabar Hill and doesnt seem to have moved an inch list 2008 when I had last taken a pic. The car may be having some problems, but definitely doesnt seem to deserve to rot into the earth. Can be a good donor's car too for another W126.
This car has been there for years now. The owner does not want to sell and this is not the only one that is going to go to the ground or to chor bazaar from the area at the end. One more Maroon 300 and a blue 280.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:03   #520
Senior - BHPian

Why would the owner not want to sell?He enjoys watching the car rot to the ground?Thats really sad.If he is not bothered he can atleast sell it for a token amount so that the car can find a better home.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:25   #521
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
It was MMF 1 No.1 because in those days he was No.1 cricketer
Just checking on something, and found this here- for the records, it was and still is MFA-1, with Ravi Shastri.

ME & MY CARS - Ravi Shastri

Do you think this helps build Audi's brand image in India? I mean, weren't there other famous Indians who owned Audi cars in India in the past?
Old 13th July 2010, 11:40   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Why would the owner not want to sell?He enjoys watching the car rot to the ground?Thats really sad.If he is not bothered he can atleast sell it for a token amount so that the car can find a better home.
Thats cause some of the people ask for ridiculous prices that are not in keeping to the cars condition. He would have no choice but to watch it go to the ground or to chor bazaar at the end of it. It is not about the token amount but Costs involved is the main issue. A lay man would not want to touch a car that is 15 plus year old and that too an import. The cost of fixing this car would be more than what he would pay to buy the car and if he does want to sell the car in the future would never recover the money. This is a major factor to let the car go into the ground.

It is very easy for us to say go save the car or the owner should sell it, but there are alot of factors that play an important role in a car going to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malq View Post
Just checking on something, and found this here- for the records, it was and still is MFA-1, with Ravi Shastri.

ME & MY CARS - Ravi Shastri

Do you think this helps build Audi's brand image in India? I mean, weren't there other famous Indians who owned Audi cars in India in the past?
Yes his car is MFA 1 and it will always remain so.

Not at all my friend. Ravi Shastri had won the car in a Cricket match abroad and Audi had nothing to do with it. People are way smarter than what they used to be and no one seeing a Celeb goes and buys a car. Ravi Shastri is no brand icon to boost sales of Audi cause he has a 80's model that he does not drive anymore. He was gifted the car and not bought by him so he had no choice, i guess he was the only one. Mercedes dominated the Indian hearts even then.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:50   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Yes his car is MFA 1 and it will always remain so.

Not at all my friend. Ravi Shastri had won the car in a Cricket match abroad and Audi had nothing to do with it. People are way smarter than what they used to be and no one seeing a Celeb goes and buys a car. Ravi Shastri is no brand icon to boost sales of Audi cause he has a 80's model that he does not drive anymore. He was gifted the car and not bought by him so he had no choice, i guess he was the only one. Mercedes dominated the Indian hearts even then.

By the way, which cars does Ravi Shastri drive currently speedy ? Any idea ? Im sure he has some new Audi but wondering which model....
Old 13th July 2010, 13:46   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
By the way, which cars does Ravi Shastri drive currently speedy ? Any idea ? Im sure he has some new Audi but wondering which model....
I had seen him a few years ago in an Accord if i remember right. I have no idea what his garage consists off today.
Old 13th July 2010, 17:08   #525
BHPian

These corpses lie unidentified on NH1.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-screen-shot-20100713-4.57.12-pm.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-screen-shot-20100713-4.57.19-pm.jpg  

Gurpartap Singh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks