Team-BHP - Pics: Imports gathering dust in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Imports gathering dust in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/13744-pics-imports-gathering-dust-india-38.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariesonu (Post 2244944)
Contd.. :FrustratiRaab Rakha, really!!

These cars are in a customs warehouse, having clearance problems. Any property in the custody of any Government of India department is in most cases run down and finally sold as junk. And parts are pilfered at will. In the end, when the stuff does get auctioned, the government gets metal prices. Today these cars will not fetch much money, but even during the times when this was valuable stuff, out government agencies always let the goods rot. OUtside Gamdevi Police station there is a Pajero, lying there since a while, all tyres are flat. Just as the cops phone the local chaiwalla for tes, they could call the local mechanic to fill up the tyres. But no one bothers. Some of these cars are worthless, the Ford or Renault, only convertible BMW and Merc bus are worthy.
Sad state of affairs.

harit

That BMW 325i is to DIE for !! I WANT I WANT!! :D :D Actually both are!

@ariesonu. Those pics just breaks the heart!!!
To think those cars were left to destroyed there and no one even cared.
And @ariesonu, off with the trolley.All those poor souls and you giving so much care to that trolley?:eek::Shockked:

@harit
yes that pajero is lying there since quite sometime now and along with that is a black lancer too in similar condition.:Frustrati

If people here remember sometime ago a big scam regarding imported cars of Hi-rated people had happened and all the big SUVs and Big mercs and BMWs and many were confisticated by the IT department
Now all these cars lie in IT department grounds Opp santacruz(W) police station.
Its a sad state to see all the grass and wild plantation growing around these beauties and dragging them to their death.
there are a few S600 and Sl and SEC500 too.
many LC prados also.:deadhorse

Real Sad to see the cars like this.
will try getting pics if possible as I fear going into the IT department grounds.

Spotted this 520i (looks like an E34) in one of the metro parking lots, the parking guys have no idea about the whereabouts of owner, they are ready to give it away for one and half year of parking charges.

What's the parking charges ?? And what about keys and paper work ?
The car looks surely original and complete.

Yeah , and that too looks like a manual tranny.
What about the other legal things after we pay the parking fees?
All these cars make me think about those owners. Perfect setting for a film story.
either must have been underworld dons or must have lost everything in debt or been killed without anyone knowing.
gives me the chills.

Parking charges will calculate to something like sub 10 K. As stated earlier the parking guys have no idea about the whereabouts of the owner, so chance of getting key, papers etc is very unlikely.

I see a number and some garage name posted on the rear glass. So if someone is really keen they can try ringing that number and checking if they have any information on the owner.

OR

If you know someone in RTO who can get you more info on this car. if willing to spend some time and money. This "could" be yours.

^^Good observation I must say, though I have seen this car number of times in person I never noticed the same.

And as far as making this car "mine" goes, I would have gone that extra mile if it were a W124 E Class, but a beemer of this vintage is just not my cup of tea, but I am ready to work on it in case one of my T-bhpian brother is interested.

Saw this unnamed car rotting by the road near my office building at Andheri, can any one tell me what car is this, it must be blooming in its hay days and look at it now, the owner needs this:deadhorse

Its no classic, but a rotting 1994 Toyota Carina....

Came across this article on msn auto today.

@mods, I tried to search for a similar thread but couldn't find one so started a new one. If one exists, please merge this.

Jaguar E-type Series 2 - Abandoned supercars

Its heart breaking to see some timeless classics being left to die. Rolls, Ferrari, Buggatti etc.

Are these in india somewhere? Can you provide me the pointers of the same. I am involved in a venture which is into restoration (too early to reveal things). Would be helpful to undertake even one of these...

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 2312020)
Came across this article on msn auto today.

@mods, I tried to search for a similar thread but couldn't find one so started a new one. If one exists, please merge this.

Jaguar E-type Series 2 - Abandoned supercars

Its heart breaking to see some timeless classics being left to die. Rolls, Ferrari, Buggatti etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoHoncho (Post 2312032)
Are these in india somewhere? Can you provide me the pointers of the same. I am involved in a venture which is into restoration (too early to reveal things). Would be helpful to undertake even one of these...

No i dont think these are based in India.

@mods, we believe these pics are a round up from across the world. So i feel, they were better off in the intl section.