Team-BHP - Pics: Imports gathering dust in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Imports gathering dust in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/13744-pics-imports-gathering-dust-india-5.html)

Another 123 series Merc..this time at B'lore

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 396131)
OT:
V16,Were they that bad??
What all would go wrong with them??

Not not really, one is just uncared for and the other was parked for such a long time its a lemon now.
Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 397420)
The unknown car looks like 1968-1970 dodge vehicle may be a challenger or something, any idea.....

looks like a Vega ....not clear pics. But a shame to let it rust like this

o man that looks like a 68 charger but cant really tell because of its single head lamp but is it for sale an how much does it have the original engine.

Hey guys, sorry about the slight delay on this...but here's the dusty white BMW again...it's a 520 as the badge says. I tried to get in touch with the owner(s) but they weren't there on this particular day :confused:

So, who can restore this beaut?? Lemme know!

oh and PS: as someone said, it IS a TN-reg vehicle!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan (Post 399211)
o man that looks like a 68 charger but cant really tell because of its single head lamp but is it for sale an how much does it have the original engine.

Definately not a charger...no way!!

spotted this merc 450se in a local garage in chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 399296)
Definately not a charger...no way!!

the back reminded me of a charger btw what car is that.

V16's right, Charger noway. Could be a Vega, but looks a lil bigger so possibly a 65 Nova coupe

It looks like a Datsun 120Y to me.

ImageShack - Hosting :: datsun120y2zk.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby05 (Post 399822)
V16's right, Charger noway. Could be a Vega, but looks a lil bigger so possibly a 65 Nova coupe

The man knows his cars alright! At first I thought it could be a chevelle, but I think Scooby's right, it's a Nova.

P.s. do i see these orphans being adopted soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreeram (Post 399839)
It looks like a Datsun 120Y to me.

ImageShack - Hosting :: datsun120y2zk.jpg

No, No way is it a Datsun 120Y. Its definately an American Hugie

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby05 (Post 399822)

Bang On Scooby...It is a Chevy Nova Type II Coupe, but its either a 1973 or a 74 looking at the front grille as the horizontal Indicators came only during these two years (if this is an original grille that is). In 1975, the grill mounted indicators became vertical. So I think we solved the mystery, it is most probably a Nova then. The only thing that bothers me is that the rear quarter windows are upwardly shaped and in the Nova this is not how it was. The windows were more or less parallel to the Road i.e. straightish. Could this be a Chevelle (no it had four headlamps not two) and is not a vega either as the grille is very unlike the vega...or is it a Valiant?? (Gosh here we go again)

[/quote]
is this a chevelle SS ??? looks like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac 427 (Post 399901)
[is this a chevelle SS ??? looks like that.

Altough it could be mistaken for a Chevelle SS from the side, it looks more like the Nova SS coz of the grille. The grille is not of a Chevelle and more so the Chevelle had Twin Head Lamps
Why does'nt our friend who snapped them go again to Palika Bazaar and reconfirm what it really is ( also find out if its for sale:D )

A chevelle always has chevelle logo on the grill and not chevy and as far as i can see its not ss it doesn't have the ss logo on the grill