Team-BHP - Pics: Imports gathering dust in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Imports gathering dust in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/13744-pics-imports-gathering-dust-india-6.html)

is it by any chance a monte carlo telling by the head light style and the long hood and short tail end is the guys selling that car if he is how is the confition of the engine is the original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaphod (Post 397101)
The Impala was lying at the Palika undergrpound parking till some time back...

Hmm.....I remember seeing a similar car (albeit it was dark blue) sitting forgotten & neglected just outside the ICMR guest house then at Safdarjung Road when we visited Delhi way back in the late 80s.....I was a kid then......I just remember it looked even worse, with most of the glasses broken/gone.....I was told the owner had died & his children didnt want the car, abandoning it on the roadside there.....'still remember how my heart went out to that car!
I heard the muncipality eventually towed away the car from there.

An early 70s Merc. 280se(?).....sitting for what seems like ages at a local garage here.....incidentally happens to be for sale....but I can figure out that he'd ask the moon for it (he wants 60k just for that black '55 fiat seen in the background!)

Incidentally, it looks like someone knew this car would be photo'd for viewing on team bhp....they already erased (although literally!) the numbr plates! lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan (Post 399993)
is it by any chance a monte carlo telling by the head light style and the long hood and short tail end is the guys selling that car if he is how is the confition of the engine is the original.

definitely not a Monte Carlo.......the original Monte's only had two doors (coupe) and the shape of the hood/headlights/tail etc is completely different. Looks like an Impala, but hard to tell....this isn't the same car posted earlier as a Nova, is it? The garage looks the same....

hey Stanher
how much he is asking for the merc maybe if the price is rite my uncle would want to take a closer look

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 414958)
An early 70s Merc. 280se(?).....sitting for what seems like ages at a local garage here.....incidentally happens to be for sale....but I can figure out that he'd ask the moon for it (he wants 60k just for that black '55 fiat seen in the background!)

Incidentally, it looks like someone knew this car would be photo'd for viewing on team bhp....they already erased (although literally!) the numbr plates! lol:

Hey Stan, thats a merc 108 series which were made between 1965-66 to early seventies. This ones a LHD but looks like the European and not the American LHD as the telltale US specs are not there, but its difficult to say from the pic. Such cars have been vandalised and fitted with diesels more often than not. If all things are original, I would definately also be interested in this rust bucket!!:D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 415437)
hey Stanher
how much he is asking for the merc maybe if the price is rite my uncle would want to take a closer look

Wow, this is incredible....looks like the Merc. commands attention anywhere, anytime no matter even if it happens to be a rust bucket!
Just a day since I've posted pics. of this car & 2 interested 'parties' already! lol:

I havent asked him as yet about the price...will find out when I go that way next time (may be going there in a few days.)

Hey Gordon bro is dis the one that was in malad??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 346603)
Some people in India can afford to keep a Mercedes in a garbage dump. The owner apparently also owns a Rolls Royce Silver Spur. The RR is from Bombay and was taken to Gujurat for a business trip where it was submerged in the rains.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 415849)
Wow, this is incredible....looks like the Merc. commands attention anywhere, anytime no matter even if it happens to be a rust bucket!
Just a day since I've posted pics. of this car & 2 interested 'parties' already! lol:

I havent asked him as yet about the price...will find out when I go that way next time (may be going there in a few days.)

please do so as my uncle says if the price is rite he will pick it up and donna we all want to see her in all her glory

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 414958)

Even if the cars under the sky taking the Sun the rain and everything isn't it amazing how the thing is holding up structurally. Thats what makes Merc's Merc's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 421352)
Even if the cars under the sky taking the Sun the rain and everything isn't it amazing how the thing is holding up structurally. Thats what makes Merc's Merc's.

I agree! No wonder its getting so much attention here.....:)

Saw this recently in a garage at B'lore...three are three Mercs and a Rover Montero, two of the Merc is 123 series & other one 115 series...the 123 with KL-7 regn is a accident & complaint free car, but the owner has not come yet to take back the car..since then its here...

Shot with 6233 at 2007-07-31

@ hanmust - did you ask the garage owner if we can buy it from him and re-register.

Thats a nice car and seems to be in good condition.

Its bad some guys don't have respect for their cars. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 397420)
The unknown car looks like 1968-1970 dodge vehicle may be a challenger or something, any idea.....

challenger is a 2 door. that's defi not a challenger.