Team-BHP - Pics: Imports gathering dust in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Imports gathering dust in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/13744-pics-imports-gathering-dust-india-90.html)

Considering that the HDIL cars have been seized - many "firsts of Mumbai" cars may soon end up on this thread. 2 Rolls Royce, 2 Range Rovers and a Bentley Flying Spur seem to have been seized. Many would remember the Phantom and the Phantom being one of the first of their kind in Mumbai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 4645093)
Honda CRX del Sol abandoned in Trivandrum, KL.

I'm seeing this car daily for past few years. Does anyone from Trivandrum shed some light on why this is gathering dust.

There are few garages nearby and maybe this car is awaiting restoration and was left in the road due to space constraints.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheetahrd (Post 4691453)
I'm seeing this car daily for past few years. Does anyone from Trivandrum shed some light on why this is gathering dust.

There are few garages nearby and maybe this car is awaiting restoration and was left in the road due to space constraints.

if my info is correct, the car belongs to a guy who deals in imported cars and could be for sale if he gets his price

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 4691695)
if my info is correct, the car belongs to a guy who deals in imported cars and could be for sale if he gets his price

...and from what I heard from someone who was interested in that car, it's too overpriced for its current condition and the owner was not willing to come down on price. Probably that's the reason why it's parked there for long.

Saw this Toyota Land Cruiser LC80 4500 in Delhi last weekend.

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_20191117_162019012.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 4691872)
...and from what I heard from someone who was interested in that car, it's too overpriced for its current condition and the owner was not willing to come down on price. Probably that's the reason why it's parked there for long.

From what I have read from Wiki, some of these cars has VTEC engines.
Next time, I shall ask the car wash guys adjacent to this place to get the owner details.

Thank you Ajay99 and Anand123.
@Ajay99- I have read many of your posts in this forum and your knowledge on history of cars is awesome.

Received these on WhatsApp from my friend. It's a Ducati 1098S Tricolore biting dust at Cochin Customs.

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-75443080_2527332904011155_8450520408838373376_o.jpg

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-75095313_2527332980677814_5804392256068648960_o.jpg

Mercedes Benz MB140D (rebadged SsangYong Istana) in New Delhi

W115 from Vasant Vihar, New Delhi.

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-img_20191207_113405012.jpeg

Found this Toyota Celica in poor state in a parking or residential complex. From the looks of it, it was painted or wrapped. Doesn't looks like a factory paint.

This celica looks in fine nick, probably awaiting some parts or been ignored for other reasons, where is this ?

All this Celica needs is a good wash and less ricer looking set of rims.

I like the color on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRANSAM (Post 4719574)
This celica looks in fine nick, probably awaiting some parts or been ignored for other reasons, where is this ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDHAV (Post 4719647)
All this Celica needs is a good wash and less ricer looking set of rims.

I like the color on this.

Yep, definitely looks salvageable.

And if that little sticker is anything to go by, it's probably sitting on a trick suspension setup too!

Truly sad that it's collecting dust but if anyone does decide to give this car new life, they need to get rid of those ugly wheels!

Hello everyone!

This is my first post in team-bhp although I've been going through other threads since a long time.

I've been seeing this car parked near New BEL Road, Bangalore for quite some time now. I could finally click some pics today. I found out from a local person there that the car belong to a policeman (retired I guess). The person also told that the owner might NOT be interested in selling it. It sure is in running condition as I've seen it change parking spots. It just needs a good wash and also a general service maybe.

Vehicles details website says it's a 1985 registered Mercedes Benz 220. But it has a 230E badging on the rear. Also it's a LHD. Can someone shed more light on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by darti0n (Post 4720327)
I've been seeing this car parked near New BEL Road, Bangalore for quite some time now. I could finally click some pics today. I found out from a local person there that the car belong to a policeman (retired I guess). The person also told that the owner might NOT be interested in selling it. It sure is in running condition as I've seen it change parking spots. It just needs a good wash and also a general service maybe.

UPDATE: I am now seeing this car being washed and taken care of like a daily driven. I'm assuming the owner was out for some time which made the car look dirty. So I guess this car is not dying! :)