Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2020, 02:53   #1396
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Sad to see the Lotus Espirit in such a pathetic condition. The car was parked in Juhu for a couple of years and wasn't in good condition back then too. Really hope someone rescues it soon
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 10:23   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A C View Post
You mean W124 E500, right? Any idea about its current whereabouts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
I doubt if there's a W124 E500 in India. He probably meant the W140 S500.
Sorry my bad, It was a W140 S500.
The last I heard of the car was, it's lying somewhere neglected in Bangalore.
Old 1st May 2020, 20:51   #1398
Senior - BHPian

PRE-LP Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

I recently came across a '08 Giallo Orios Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera down here at a street-side garage here in Pune. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it.

I believe the car was owned by a businessman in West Bengal (WB26 Reg.) and was then shifted to Mumbai. Now,
back in December, I found the car sitting full of dust here in a garage in South Pune. I'm not sure about this, but the car may be stolen as the guy in the garage was quite oppressive about taking any pictures of the car and was not ready to give any information on the car.

Here are some pictures of the exact car.
Image Source:- CarCrazyIndia (https://www.instagram.com/carcrazy.india/?hl=en)
CCI also has an entire article on this, you can read about it here:- https://www.instagram.com/p/B-wVEXBDJTk/
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-49779924_375935049901453_3878497153815697756_n.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-92312201_160160022142063_4638806866683215471_n.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-92692706_250760582772608_2631008371391645573_n1.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-92692706_250760582772608_2631008371391645573_n.jpg  

akash_v12 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 22:00   #1399
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
PRE-LP Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

I recently came across a '08 Giallo Orios Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera down here at a street-side garage here in Pune. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it.

I believe the car was owned by a businessman in West Bengal (WB26 Reg.) and was then shifted to Mumbai. Now,
back in December, I found the car sitting full of dust here in a garage in South Pune. I'm not sure about this, but the car may be stolen as the guy in the garage was quite oppressive about taking any pictures of the car and was not ready to give any information on the car.
This Gallardo Superleggera once belonged to a very fine collection in Kolkata. It is currently with a pre-owned car dealer in Pune I am told. It might have gone to this garage for some repairs.

The only other pre-LP Gallardo Superleggera in India is also in an extremely sad state, probably vandalised. I have clicked a couple of pictures last month itself but cannot share them on a public forum as they had been clicked inside the owner's residence.
//M is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 22:37   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
This Gallardo Superleggera once belonged to a very fine collection in Kolkata. It is currently with a pre-owned car dealer in Pune I am told. It might have gone to this garage for some repairs.
Hi //M, thanks for the information!

I was not sure about what was going on with the car at the garage and was told by a friend about it. As the garage is located very close to my house, we went to take a look at it.

If you're correct about the pre-owned dealer part, the mechanic told me that it was up for ₹6 crores. (not sure about the price though)
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 09:46   #1401
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

If you're correct about the pre-owned dealer part, the mechanic told me that it was up for ₹6 crores. (not sure about the price though)
Absurd price. The selling price would be 85-90 L at best.
//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 16:25   #1402
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt this would be a stolen car. It would be too obvious if such a car would come up for sale anywhere in India. I remember this car was in Mumbai for a brief period of time - was stored in an apartment for a few months during the monsoons. Was then taken to the Lamborghini showroom for a checkup or repair, I don't remember.

The car was in excellent condition back then. Probably the dealer may have been very evasive of the questions due to the conditions of the car and hence may have not given out any details or allowed photos.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 16:53   #1403
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The only other pre-LP Gallardo Superleggera in India is also in an extremely sad state, probably vandalised. I have clicked a couple of pictures last month itself but cannot share them on a public forum as they had been clicked inside the owner's residence.
I am sorry I got a little confused here. The other pre-LP Gallardo Superleggera is in perfect health. It is infact one of the most immaculately kept pre-LP Gallardos in the country, probably the most.

The car I saw is a different car, wrapped to black, which is in a sad state of affairs now.

Apologies for the confusion.
//M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 12:28   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry I got a little confused here. The other pre-LP Gallardo Superleggera is in perfect health. It is infact one of the most immaculately kept pre-LP Gallardos in the country, probably the most.

The car I saw is a different car, wrapped to black, which is in a sad state of affairs now.

Apologies for the confusion.
I thought India had 1 pre-LP Superleggera in giallo midas or a shade of yellow (the one in the pics above) and a LP 570-4 in verde ithaca or a shade of green from Mumbai. I remember seeing the photos of a SL in grigio telesto(??) but i always thought it was the yellow SL wrapped.

@//M is it the grey one ?

Can someone throw some light on it?
Redline Shooter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 16:37   #1405
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
I thought India had 1 pre-LP Superleggera in giallo midas or a shade of yellow (the one in the pics above) and a LP 570-4 in verde ithaca or a shade of green from Mumbai. I remember seeing the photos of a SL in grigio telesto(??) but i always thought it was the yellow SL wrapped.

@//M is it the grey one ?

Can someone throw some light on it?
Yes the grey one. Here are pics of the same, clicked by me during the Rolls Royce Cullinan launch in Dec 2018.

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-screenshot_2020050516330201.jpeg

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-screenshot_2020050516335701.jpeg

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-screenshot_2020050516341201.jpeg

More pics of the other cars in the frame have been posted here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4540032

Last edited by //M : 5th May 2020 at 16:40.
//M is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 19:50   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post

The car was in excellent condition back then. Probably the dealer may have been very evasive of the questions due to the conditions of the car and hence may have not given out any details or allowed photos.
Hi V12!

What you said in your post could be true. But, my only speculation which makes me believe it could be stolen is that the guy was quite furious when I was trying to check the plates and took my phone to remove mParivahan from it.

He also mentioned that the car was a 3rd owner and was owned by a son of a politician here in Pune (which is not true, it is a 1st owner/2nd owner and is owned by a guy in Mumbai). More details of this car car can be found on the link attached in my earlier post (it is a post by CarCrazyIndia about that car and the Grey Superleggera that fellow bhpian //M had posted about.

Thanks
Akashdeep
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 21:50   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
But, my only speculation which makes me believe it could be stolen is that the guy was quite furious when I was trying to check the plates and took my phone to remove mParivahan from it.

He also mentioned that the car was a 3rd owner and was owned by a son of a politician here in Pune (which is not true, it is a 1st owner/2nd owner and is owned by a guy in Mumbai).
I doubt a car as flashy as a Lamborghini could end up stolen without the news ending up all over the internet, but suppose his behaviour could have something to do with the fact that it is a politician's son that owns the car?

I don't know who owns the car in Pune either, but the previous owner from Mumbai, who was the second owner, has sold the car, so it's either with a dealer or the new (and third) owner!
sanojrawap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 22:11   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post

I don't know who owns the car in Pune either, but the previous owner from Mumbai, who was the second owner, has sold the car, so it's either with a dealer or the new (and third) owner!
Hi Sanojrawap!

Thank you for letting me know that the car has been sold from Mumbai. I was not aware of it. Now what you say seems to make quite a lot of sense about the behaviour of the garage guy.

If you could please message me personally (on my Instagram ID : akash.nef, I'd be glad to hear more from you!)

Thanks Again!
Akashdeep
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 10:54   #1409
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now, back in December, I found the car sitting full of dust here in a garage in South Pune.
We've seen many luxury barges being abandoned due to a combination of age + bored owners + repair bills + no demand in the used market + novelty wearing off. I wouldn't be surprised to see this trend catching supercars too.

I mean, who really wants to buy a high maintenance 10 - 15 year old Lamborghini today? At best, it will exchange hands once or twice, but once the enthusiasm wears off, the repairs come, parts become hard to get (not to mention finding a skilled mechanic), the car is abandoned. Also remember that no one is going to buy a 13 year old supercar with a dead gearbox.

Speaking for myself, I can very well buy a pre-worshipped Lamborghini today, but there is no way I'm going anywhere near a 10-15 year old one. Have no time for it, frankly. I'd rather spend the money on something newer + fresher, even if its less exotic.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 18:18   #1410
BHPian

Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Rusting in Cochin customs
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-ducati.jpg  

Vmax1200 is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed