Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:46   #661
BHPian

Rebuild Option

Hi Fellas
Well this ain't exactly a vintage or classic but I preferred putting it here rather starting a new thread altogether.
This is an Audi A4 (probably 1997 model, imported but it is RHD) parked next to my house for few months. Every day I look at it and it entices me to own her and restore.
In the pictures the condition is well observed and regarding the engine I dunno the exact state.
So before going further over my enticement, I put my queries to all experts and seniors who can help me decide.
First thing comes is the moolah that will be incurred on this old german horse (if only the cosmetic restoration is required with servicing jobs on mechanicals).
What should be the buying cost, I mean how much is a fair price (for this owner's junk)?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-imag0788.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-imag0786.jpg  

Honda Monk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:54   #662
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

I dont think that Audi will make economical sense restoring as its a bit too far gone.

If you find a tidy Audi maybe this can be a parts car but on its own its going to cost a fortune to do up right.

You will have a lot of trouble finding the rear glass and such in India
wasif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:33   #663
BANNED

Re: Rebuild Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Hi Fellas
Well this ain't exactly a vintage or classic but I preferred putting it here rather starting a new thread altogether.
This is an Audi A4 (probably 1997 model, imported but it is RHD) parked next to my house for few months. Every day I look at it and it entices me to own her and restore.
In the pictures the condition is well observed and regarding the engine I dunno the exact state.
So before going further over my enticement, I put my queries to all experts and seniors who can help me decide.
First thing comes is the moolah that will be incurred on this old german horse (if only the cosmetic restoration is required with servicing jobs on mechanicals).
What should be the buying cost, I mean how much is a fair price (for this owner's junk)?

Thanks

If the car is enticing.. Buy it

Dont Pay him anything beyond Rs.50k, You still get spares for these cars, and in the condition its in, i can say, its still restorable.

Not sure about the electricals, why dont u post pics of the engine bay.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:19   #664
BHPian

Re: Rebuild Option

That's not an A4 - its an Audi 80 probably from the late 80s / early 90s. Could well be a quattro (four wheel drive) as well. Used to own one a cpl of decades ago but ended up giving it away in the late 90s. Lots of electronic issues. Mine was an LHD...

I would say 25K-30K is plenty for the car in this condition - and not easy to source parts unless you go to a breaker's yard in the UK where you could probably pick up the entire car for a couple of hundred quid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Hi Fellas

Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 18:52   #665
Senior - BHPian

re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

This appears to be a Audi 80 B4 made between 1991 to 1996. This car was not so common in India as the previous model B3 Typ 89 made between 1986 to 1991.
The B3 was the first Audi to be relatively popular in India, imported by the grey market and then damned when it was found that the engine size was not declared correctly. Many cars landed up with DRI, or owners paid up some difference/penalties.
The B4 was not as common. These were lovely cars, lasted very long, and had a high resale value even in Germany as many cars were taken to the East European countries which had just opened up.
So much about the car. Should you buy it? No, its junk, even if you feel sorry for the car, parts are not cheap, it WAS a good car when running and now no more. Better to spend money elsewhere.
My humble opinion, saving you some grief.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 13:50   #666
Senior - BHPian

Is this a classic or a vintage car rusting away? I don't think so. But I found this Landcruiser wasting away somewhere in old Pune city peth areas and hence I thought of posting it here. I guess this should be the best thread for it; for it looks like some years down the line, it will be gone to the ground. Maybe someone can rescue it.

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-_dsc0090.jpg
W.A.G.7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 14:29   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

This 80s LC looks too good to be wasted away like this.
Hope someone rescues it , and it's a Classic deservingly.
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 15:05   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Thanks, I didn't know it was a classic. Just spotted it by chance. Let's see, I will try to find out more details about the car.
Old 29th July 2012, 22:23   #669
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like someone started working on this car - and then decided to leave it half way through. Can someone identify this Nissan?
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-nissan.jpg  

v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 23:14   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Seems like someone started working on this car - and then decided to leave it half way through. Can someone identify this Nissan?
This is at andheri link road right? I've seen this car often on my way to college.
I think there was an imported hatchback also parked there (I think a vw but not really sure) and it was in a similar condition. Some garage must have started the restoration work but may have abandoned it due to unavailability of spares.
Old 29th July 2012, 23:52   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
The car is a late 80s Nissan 180SX/200SX. Though not a classic or supercar, shame to see such a pretty car in such condition.
Old 29th July 2012, 23:57   #672
Senior - BHPian

That Nissan to me looks like a 89 Pulsar.
agspins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 07:12   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Can some one not buy these cars, I am not a fan of the s-type as they were same as the Ford Mondeo however its still a Jag.....

Shame to see it rot.
You're talking about the X type.
Old 30th July 2012, 11:13   #674
BHPian

Spotted a white Merc, either a W124 or W140 lying at the BKC Police Station for quite some time, looks like it's going to go to the ground as is usual with all these.
Then, saw a white roofed black Evoque too! Another accident case?
Old 30th July 2012, 14:22   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
But I found this Landcruiser wasting away somewhere in old Pune city peth areas and hence I thought of posting it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Thanks, I didn't know it was a classic. Just spotted it by chance. Let's see, I will try to find out more details about the car.
I got a lot of pm's enquiring about the car's where abouts So, for everyone's benefit I am putting a small jpg marking the place where I found this thing.

EDIT - The car is Pune registered. The number is MH12 J xxxx if I remember.

For bhp'ians in Pune - here's how you go -
[1] From deccan take baba-bhide causeway.
[2] Turn left on the river side road to start going towards Shaniwarwada.
[3] Take the first right turn. Landmark is that on the corner of the right turn there is a temple.
[4] A few more feet further from the temple, this car is rotting away. Someone please save that car.

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-map.jpg

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 30th July 2012 at 14:23. Reason: EDIT added
W.A.G.7 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks