Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2012, 15:50   #691
BHPian

re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Adit - next time, ask a bhp'ian for help in doing an initial look-see before wasting money. That is what the community is for!
Ajmat, it's a lesson learnt for good. Besides money, precious time could have been saved as well!
Old 30th August 2012, 16:51   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
I've been seing that car disintergrate over the years it's been there. I was initially interested in it but was advised to keep away from a few mechanics around there. also it just looks too un-loved and i dont know the deal with most of the mechanical parts on the car. i feel it would be a major headache to restore and make reliable. I'm sure if you keep looking around you's find a celica in better condition. Plus, it's an auto!
I am sure there are some mechanical & paper issues with the car. There was no battery installed & when requested the owner for a test drive he says , he can fire the engine and that's it, he wants to sell it as it is! Huh, but over the phone he mentioned thrice that the car was in good running condition!

When requested for a copy of the papers the chap was very reluctant and kept informing they are all in order: but did not budge from his stand of not showing it to me. Got a call from him in the morning on my decesion and I offered him a 50k to avoid him further on.
Old 31st August 2012, 10:44   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunlaxman View Post
Sad Sight, wonder what happened here.
Official meet of time travelers!
Old 31st August 2012, 11:23   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Ajmat, it's a lesson learnt for good. Besides money, precious time could have been saved as well!
Adit the car has a blown engine which was temp fixed but i guess its given way again. The gearbox is in shambles and needs to be reworked. The car needs a full donor car if you want it up and running or then you need to import parts..oh and an engine and gearbox too. I had spoken to the owner for the car as i wanted to modify it completly and needed only the shell with nothing inside. The main reason why i let go was due to the papers being shaddy. If you look around you will get running cars, their price might seem a bit higher compared to this but atleast you have a hassle free time.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 13:17   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Adit the car has a blown engine which was temp fixed but i guess its given way again. The gearbox is in shambles and needs to be reworked. The car needs a full donor car if you want it up and running or then you need to import parts..oh and an engine and gearbox too. I had spoken to the owner for the car as i wanted to modify it completly and needed only the shell with nothing inside. The main reason why i let go was due to the papers being shaddy. If you look around you will get running cars, their price might seem a bit higher compared to this but atleast you have a hassle free time.
Had a hunch on the Engine & Gearbox giving away , else why would anybody wanting to sell a car will refuse a test drive when it was clear that my intentions were very much into buying it!

Infact, even I was looking at swaping the engine with either a Toyota Silver Top or a different engine. On that note, a couple of weeks back I was informed there is a MR2 for sale in Bangalore which had a engine swap with an imported 700 BHP engine and mated gearbox & ECU. The stock engine is also available but their were two issue to deal with.

Firstly , the car has been in a workshop for a long time & Secondly the owner is not willing to sell the vehicle without the 700 BHP engine when I was kneen to pick it up with the Stock and not the swaped! The asking price for the entire setup was 12Lacs .

Anyways if you do come to know of a Celica/ Nissan 300ZX Ladybird (Older Model) or a MR2 , Please do let me know! Thanks is advance.
Old 31st August 2012, 14:08   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a hunch on the Engine & Gearbox giving away , else why would anybody wanting to sell a car will refuse a test drive when it was clear that my intentions were very much into buying it!

Infact, even I was looking at swaping the engine with either a Toyota Silver Top or a different engine. On that note, a couple of weeks back I was informed there is a MR2 for sale in Bangalore which had a engine swap with an imported 700 BHP engine and mated gearbox & ECU. The stock engine is also available but their were two issue to deal with.

Firstly , the car has been in a workshop for a long time & Secondly the owner is not willing to sell the vehicle without the 700 BHP engine when I was kneen to pick it up with the Stock and not the swaped! The asking price for the entire setup was 12Lacs .

Anyways if you do come to know of a Celica/ Nissan 300ZX Ladybird (Older Model) or a MR2 , Please do let me know! Thanks is advance.
I have a supra twin turbo engine, gearbox, ecu and wiring harness with me..so the swap could be done easily.

On team bhp classifieds there were adds for the Mr2, celica and 3000gt. A friend of mine had picked up a Mr2 and supra for a combined price of 26 lakhs. 20 for the supra and 6 for the mr2 both cars in very good condition and both being turbo's. If something does come my way i shall keep you posted.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 16:34   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullwingGT View Post
There are atleast 5 mercedes also parked,thought to take those and put it in forum.The covered car is a fintail mercedes may be 1950-55(just a guess) and its a recent addition.According to a driver(whom I hire sometimes),the owner is collecting these cars,he even said he is not willling to sell as he has approached once(not sure about now).I will visit and see if I can get some info about these.
Yeah i did see the fintail but couldn't take a picture.Btw let us know if you get to know anything about the collection.
Old 26th September 2012, 16:29   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Samyakmodi : The black SL is parked at a well known dealers bungalow in Santacruz. It's been lying there since a long time - so I guess it maybe for sale (HR Registered).
hmm

but then i am looking for a convertible one. and particularly the one whose convertible mechanism has not gone kapoot!!

any clue what happened to the blue one - the DCH one to be precise?
Old 26th September 2012, 17:52   #699
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure there are some mechanical & paper issues with the car. There was no battery installed & when requested the owner for a test drive he says , he can fire the engine and that's it, he wants to sell it as it is! Huh, but over the phone he mentioned thrice that the car was in good running condition!

When requested for a copy of the papers the chap was very reluctant and kept informing they are all in order: but did not budge from his stand of not showing it to me. Got a call from him in the morning on my decesion and I offered him a 50k to avoid him further on.
I remember this car,it was advertised in TBHP classifieds and was offered for peanuts

But when I went to check out the car it was an absolute no because importing the parts will add up to more cost than the cost of buying a similar car in better condition.

Plus 50K seems like a great offer for a car in that condition.
Old 13th October 2012, 15:51   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercLover View Post
Most of the exotic lovers of Kerala ought to be familiar with this car, gathering rust in a known garage, the mechanic told me the poker is actually waiting for some engine parts.
What engine parts do you need? We can try and get it for you.
Old 14th October 2012, 19:44   #701
BHPian

Had been to a customs warehouse lately.. saw some beauties in a very sad condition there.

Hurts.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-dsc_0477_ee.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-dsc_0499_e.jpg  

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-dsc_0504_e.jpg  

iamahunter is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 10:29   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Had been to a customs warehouse lately.. saw some beauties in a very sad condition there.

Hurts.
The Porsche belongs to a friend and has been there for about a decade now. A case filled by him against the Customs dept has led the car to see a sad demise. At this point even if he withdraws the case and allows the car to be auctioned, it is too late to save the car.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 10:38   #703
BHPian

Any idea fellas, if it all its possible to buy that beemer in the above post?
I would love to see that back on road.
How much should be reasonable price for the beemer?
Old 15th October 2012, 14:01   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The Porsche belongs to a friend and has been there for about a decade now. A case filled by him against the Customs dept has led the car to see a sad demise. At this point even if he withdraws the case and allows the car to be auctioned, it is too late to save the car.
The car seems to be in good condition externally, a clean wipe and the car will look fine. But have no clue of the interiors of the engine. Tried to open the doors, bonet, boot; but all of them were jammed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Any idea fellas, if it all its possible to buy that beemer in the above post?
I would love to see that back on road.
How much should be reasonable price for the beemer?
The beemer was a real beauty my friend. But sadly its not yet up for auction, possibly hovering around a couple of decade old cases.

@Mods: Humble request to please take off the Cust**s, word from my above post.

Last edited by iamahunter : 15th October 2012 at 14:26.
Old 15th February 2013, 23:14   #705
BHPian

Spotted this DL registered car in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-image4061553753.jpg  

mashmash is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks