Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 01:58   #121
Senior - BHPian

this is the pictures of the bmw x5 that is also catching dust.

Old 10th August 2007, 02:00   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Yep, it is a 3 series. 2004 - 2005 model 330i to be precise. Only those year models came with the clear tail light and indicators factory fitted. The 325's and previous year 330's had amber tail lights and side markers.
wow nice observations mayavi. looks like you are fond of bmws.
Old 10th August 2007, 02:10   #123
Senior - BHPian

here is the lexus rx 300 also catching up on some rest.

Old 10th August 2007, 18:31   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Yep, it is a 3 series. 2004 - 2005 model 3xxi to be precise. Only those year models came with the clear tail light and indicators factory fitted. The 325's and previous year 330's had amber tail lights and side markers.
Haha NOWAY 2004-2005. Those would be facelifted with the new bangled headlamps. This is 98-2001. How do you know this car came with factory fitted clear lights? Any BMW magazine you buy you'll notice this is one of the most popular mods. Its an E46 for sure. Judging from the front grill could be a 328i but even that could be pushing it. It has no tell tale signs of a 330i for sure. If it was it would have titanium surrounds around the headlamps. Those E46 330i's were really special.

Last edited by BEEM3R : 10th August 2007 at 18:36.
Old 10th August 2007, 20:23   #125
Senior - BHPian

Speedy, are the X5 & 330 lying in some customs-impound area? Sad to see those gather dust..
Old 10th August 2007, 21:27   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
Haha NOWAY 2004-2005. Those would be facelifted with the new bangled headlamps. This is 98-2001. How do you know this car came with factory fitted clear lights?
The assumption was that anyone importing a Bimmer wouldn't only go for brand name mods (Ex: Carlson, Kleeman for Benz). But yes, I may be wrong in asserting that it is a 330i, but it very well could be.

All 2004-05 models didn't come with facelifted head lights. Here is a 2005 american model 330i.

Old 10th August 2007, 21:58   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Speedy, are the X5 & 330 lying in some customs-impound area? Sad to see those gather dust..
yes all three cars are at the same place. got more pictures but imageshack was acting up so did'nt post them. a little later perhaps. two landcruisers, a prado and an mercedes ml. can you beat that.
Old 10th August 2007, 22:07   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
yes all three cars are at the same place. got more pictures but imageshack was acting up so did'nt post them. a little later perhaps. two landcruisers, a prado and an mercedes ml. can you beat that.
holy crap! All because of duty-related issues?
Old 10th August 2007, 22:23   #129
Senior - BHPian

yes nitin some for duty issues and other for paper work.
Old 10th August 2007, 23:35   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes nitin some for duty issues and other for paper work.
well indeed these are very big issues,we are all aware of the possible misuse aren't we?but i really wonder is it reasonable for govt to keep 105% duty?maybe it is about time they reduce it..but the reason i support our system is that it forces the manufacturers to manufacture cars locally in india..which is a national gain afterall
Old 11th August 2007, 01:03   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
well indeed these are very big issues,we are all aware of the possible misuse aren't we?but i really wonder is it reasonable for govt to keep 105% duty?maybe it is about time they reduce it..but the reason i support our system is that it forces the manufacturers to manufacture cars locally in india..which is a national gain afterall
these are big issues and the government is justified in their actions for chargeing the 105% duty. if it was'nt this high people would get in anything and everything and there would be alot of underhand dealings going on. not that it does not happen now but people are wary now. they have their own targets to achieve and this is the best way as according to them it is an elite lot that imports cars so they can afford to pay for being different. the manufacturers also want to avail of benifits and so are forced to upgrade their model line up and everyone is happy.
Old 11th August 2007, 02:15   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
these are big issues and the government is justified in their actions for chargeing the 105% duty. if it was'nt this high people would get in anything and everything and there would be alot of underhand dealings going on. not that it does not happen now but people are wary now. they have their own targets to achieve and this is the best way as according to them it is an elite lot that imports cars so they can afford to pay for being different. the manufacturers also want to avail of benifits and so are forced to upgrade their model line up and everyone is happy.

it would be ideal if every company starts importing any car of their make for the customers.. hence if the import is hassle free then peple wont mind buying even if the duty is 105% on imported cars.. personal imports is taxing process for a single person.we avoid imports because we dont want to get into mess
Old 11th August 2007, 02:31   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it would be ideal if every company starts importing any car of their make for the customers.. hence if the import is hassle free then peple wont mind buying even if the duty is 105% on imported cars.. personal imports is taxing process for a single person.we avoid imports because we dont want to get into mess
amatmo that is exactly what the car manufacturers are doing. you can walk into a showroom and ask for a car of your choice. porsche, bentley, mercedes,rolls royce, audi and vw are all importing cars as CBU units. this makes it a hassle free affair for car buyers. you just sit at home and relax knowing you dont have to pull your hair running from pillar to post. to clear your car.
Old 11th August 2007, 13:06   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
amatmo that is exactly what the car manufacturers are doing. you can walk into a showroom and ask for a car of your choice. porsche, bentley, mercedes,rolls royce, audi and vw are all importing cars as CBU units. this makes it a hassle free affair for car buyers. you just sit at home and relax knowing you dont have to pull your hair running from pillar to post. to clear your car.
i was aware of the manufacturers you mentioned above speedy,but will GM india import a dodge RAM or chevy malibu for anybody or will toyota import a hilux or avalon for anybody well if they do that it will be good

Can tell me the use of having CBU,what i mean is that even today we pay double price for camry and if we import it direct we still pay the double..then whats the use of CBU,a fully built import can also be mnaged in the same price

PS: please let me know how i am wrong..i didnt understand the significance of this CBU method of getting cars
Old 12th August 2007, 01:20   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i was aware of the manufacturers you mentioned above speedy,but will GM india import a dodge RAM or chevy malibu for anybody or will toyota import a hilux or avalon for anybody well if they do that it will be good

Can tell me the use of having CBU,what i mean is that even today we pay double price for camry and if we import it direct we still pay the double..then whats the use of CBU,a fully built import can also be mnaged in the same price

PS: please let me know how i am wrong..i didnt understand the significance of this CBU method of getting cars
amatmo GM india had announced that the corvette and one more model i forgot its name could be ordered from the showroom. have not heard of any of these cars being ordered or brought down. toyota on the other hand wanted consessions to bring in their certified second hand car range to india but i dont know what happened to that. they however bring in the parts and do service any model of toyota. i wish they would import i would have loved to order the FJ CRUISER.
CBU unit as i understand is a complete built unit and CKD is a complete knocked down that means the car has to be assembled here. the advantage of getting from the dealership is that you get depriciation for it in your books and if you get it yourself you cant claim depriciation for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks