Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 21:38   #211
Senior - BHPian

Beats me, speedy..
These people pay so much to get a good vehicle, and end up treating it like crap.
Old 2nd October 2007, 00:52   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Beats me, speedy..
These people pay so much to get a good vehicle, and end up treating it like crap.
yes nitin, its just that some people when the car has crossed its prime and starts giveing work they do not spend money and then the problem grows. thats when instead of spending money to fix it, junk it on the side.
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:20   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
agspins the car does not look atleast in the pictures as being in very bad shape. i wonder why people do this to their cars.
Mate it does not look bad in the pic,but when u see people peeing around and sometimes on the car, then that makes it pathetic.
Underbody and exhaust were in shambles.
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:40   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its just that some people when the car has crossed its prime and starts giveing work they do not spend money and then the problem grows. thats when instead of spending money to fix it, junk it on the side.
Why dont they sell it atleast! Damn!
Old 2nd October 2007, 14:17   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Mate it does not look bad in the pic,but when u see people peeing around and sometimes on the car, then that makes it pathetic.
Underbody and exhaust were in shambles.
that is a common sight which i have seen in plenty. agspins that is not more than a Rs 20 thousand job. the car according to me can be fixed within a lac and a half. i had fixed a 730i for a friend of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Why dont they sell it atleast! Damn!
its an ego thing i think. they either expect the sky or they want to have the status of being the owners of a BMW even if it is in shambles.
Old 3rd October 2007, 01:58   #216
BHPian

is there a particular reason why this car has been abandoned?? Still looks a car that can be brought back to shape in no time...and this is one of the best mechanical BMW's if maintained properly and returns some good driver appeal.I would personally love to drive something like this.but SAD the way it has been kept..
Old 8th October 2007, 10:50   #217
BHPian

Check out this Toyota Crown (Estate model).Belongs to one of my friend.It belongs to his dad who no longer drives it, but nor do they wana part with it.They had 3 cars, a Toyota corolla and a Mitsubishi colt and this one, all early 80's models.The other 2 were scrapped and only this one remains.

Duno why but somehow i love the shape of this car,same goes for my friend thats why he hasnt let it go. He is planning to do it up and its gona cost him a bomb.
egangsta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2007, 11:22   #218
Senior - BHPian

yes egangsta the car is in bad shape but not that it cannot be restored. alot of rust and due to being kept outside dureing the monsoons the metal has been eaten away. it would be expensive to bring it back into shape. i am glad your friend wants to bring her back on the roads.
Old 8th October 2007, 11:46   #219
BHPian

Yea speedy the car is in pretty bad shape.i told him its gona cost him a lots but he is ready. Initially he is ready to spend a lakh on it, so we will be taking an estimate from the garage as to how much is it gona cost for the tinwork and painting. Atleast he has thought of doing it up,but there is still one more person i have to convince to do up his car, check out this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/586574-post662.html..
Old 8th October 2007, 12:00   #220
Senior - BHPian

i would say a lac would go in for tinwork and painting itself. the entire body has corroded. you would need to convince his father to do it up. i saw the pictures of the vauxhall that you have posted. but what do you do when someone does not want to restore the car.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:17   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes egangsta the car is in bad shape but not that it cannot be restored. alot of rust and due to being kept outside dureing the monsoons the metal has been eaten away. it would be expensive to bring it back into shape. i am glad your friend wants to bring her back on the roads.

i feel exactly thew same way even i like the cars of these period

however from as far as my knowledge goes,i have believe the a 1994 crown should cost as much as 40,000 to 2 lacs Rs(i have seen alteast many being quoted this price) and speding a lakh does not make practical sense
however considering the fact that it is and 80's model and station wagons are rare in this country and also the sentimental value it okay to bring it to on road condition
Old 8th October 2007, 20:06   #222
Senior - BHPian

yes amatmo i agree with you. it does not make practical sense as your friend after doing it up and decideing to sell it at a later point will never be able to recover the amount. it only makes sense if he wants to keep the car till its last breathe or for sentimental value.
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:37   #223
BHPian

Flood affected BMW 316i. Total expense to do up the car 2.40 lakhs.This was told to the owner of the car by Navnit motors. Owner is yet to decide what is to be done, if he wants to do the car up or dispose it of...

A few mechanics tried their luck but the end result you can see in the last pic.

Last edited by egangsta : 23rd October 2007 at 18:41.
egangsta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:28   #224
Senior - BHPian

The body looks ok,not too bad. But the interiors look horrible.It'll take a lot of work (and money of course) to fix it all up.
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:34   #225
Senior - BHPian

if the engine and rest of the cars is functional then thats enough
i think he can opt for local interiors and forget the standard BMW interiors
it the car becomes road worthy in a little expense then instead of disposing it he can go for local seat covers music system,carpeting etc

is the 2.4 lac quotaion only for the car to start working???

is it the ECU problem?? then i believe it shold be expensive and there are many people who have abondoned their 5series and 7 series because of that
if thats the case maybe the car have to get disposed
but personally i would prefer to get it restored

Last edited by AMATMO : 23rd October 2007 at 20:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks