Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:59   #226
Senior - BHPian

as a matter of fact lookin at all the cars in the thread what i dont unsderstant is that if people can pay from 1-3lacs for ice and exteior of ordinary cars like esteem ,optra etc why cant they spend same money to get these cars running?

its a personal choice
personally i would be more impressed to see a beemer or merc
than seeing a modified accent or optra for even a skoda octavia
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:09   #227
Senior - BHPian

egangsta the bmw is in bad shape electronically and body wise in ok shape. 2.4 for doing up the 316 makes no sense it is way too much money unless the owner wants to keep it for a long time. even if he goes to sell it now he would get less than a lac for it. there is a working 316i on ebay and the guy is asking for 3 lacs for it. so do your maths. it is not worth doing up for this price.

pawan the w115 posted by you does not look that bad body wise but is missing all the trims headlight glass and other things. it can be fixed and i hope it does get fixed.

Last edited by speedy : 23rd October 2007 at 22:12.
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:25   #228
Senior - BHPian

What a pity! Like speedy said, it better be fixed.
Old 25th October 2007, 04:41   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
Hey guys, sorry about the slight delay on this...but here's the dusty white BMW again...it's a 520 as the badge says. I tried to get in touch with the owner(s) but they weren't there on this particular day

So, who can restore this beaut?? Lemme know!
I cant see why it cant be restored and should not be expensive. Nice to see this old barge. This exact model was my first beemer. Very thirsty on fuel with the m50 engine but bomb proof engine. Its engine can easily do 4lakh km without even showing any drop of compression. If you can get this car then I can assure you, it will not take much to get back on road. If comes to worse, I could help you sourcing the whole engine with wiring and ecu for under £400 + the shipping charges.
Old 25th October 2007, 20:58   #230
BHPian

somebody to volunteeer??
Old 21st December 2007, 17:59   #231
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this 88-89 300SE here in ahmedabad almost without shocks...
seemed whole body was touching ground ( low rider kinda)....
A chaiwala nearby told me "Yeh bhangar(junk) ho gaya hai..isiliye yahi pada hai". sorry for the only pic will try n get more pics of it

agspins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2007, 19:05   #232
Senior - BHPian

Firstly let stackle the E-30...316i series posted by Egansgta.....No ways one should try to restore it. You can get a newlike car like that for as little as 1.5. So now you guys do your math
Then the E-34...520 vezj420..another no no. same reason as above.
These cars do not have any resale value so although we think with our hearts we should sometimes for the sake of our pockets think with our heads. (not quite possible but we can think)
Another golden rule regarding BMWs. If you want a really reliable car which runs well get a Bimmer. If you dont run that car you'll have the worst car with all the problems in life.
Forget restoration. It should make sense too and not that these cars are rare. They are a dime a dozen.
As for the W126 (or any other) Mercs they are a lot less expensive to fix and are easier sellers as compared to the BMWs.
As a driver's car get a Bimmer and forget restoring these lemons. Use as parts cars, including the merc.

Last edited by V-16 : 21st December 2007 at 19:09.
Old 3rd January 2008, 16:19   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
A Mini just lying unused. The owner has had this car for the past ten years. Roof, right door and wheel caps are painted green. The rest is white. Seen a few years back. Not sure if the onwer has done anything with it.

where is this mini? how much shall it cost? i never knew a mini existed in india. and this one isn't living, it's just existing.
Old 19th January 2008, 08:06   #234
BHPian

Rusting Merc

This car has been lying in this plot for the past 4 years.Had seen this car on road duing my school days because this plot is close to my school and there was a financial firm in the building.i think owner might have got some legal problems with the firm and he closed it with car lying there.Few days before this pic was taken the car was completely covered with grass grown around it.

water inside headlights

Bridgestone Potenza tyres

Interiors are of black leather and car is LHD
crazybiker46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2008, 11:12   #235
Senior - BHPian

Its a mere waste of such classics and beauties biting the dust :(
Old 19th January 2008, 11:47   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Firstly let stackle the E-30...316i series posted by Egansgta.....No ways one should try to restore it. You can get a newlike car like that for as little as 1.5. So now you guys do your math
Then the E-34...520 vezj420..another no no. same reason as above.
These cars do not have any resale value so although we think with our hearts we should sometimes for the sake of our pockets think with our heads. (not quite possible but we can think)
Another golden rule regarding BMWs. If you want a really reliable car which runs well get a Bimmer. If you dont run that car you'll have the worst car with all the problems in life.
Forget restoration. It should make sense too and not that these cars are rare. They are a dime a dozen.
As for the W126 (or any other) Mercs they are a lot less expensive to fix and are easier sellers as compared to the BMWs.
As a driver's car get a Bimmer and forget restoring these lemons. Use as parts cars, including the merc.
I am sure all this comes by experience and the gyan is well worth for people looking at such projects
Old 19th January 2008, 15:49   #237
Senior - BHPian

i wonder how they manage to keep these beauties alive in places like lebanon syria and other eastern europeans countries,where you might these cars in relatively large numbers and most of then in a pristine condition
Old 19th January 2008, 18:26   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Flood affected BMW 316i. Total expense to do up the car 2.40 lakhs.This was told to the owner of the car by Navnit motors. Owner is yet to decide what is to be done, if he wants to do the car up or dispose it of...
damn the E30 is probably my fav beamer of all time...I own a 316i, but it's in a much, much better condition! 2.4L is definately worth it for this beaut to get back up on her feet, but if the owner is planning on ditching her, i might be interested....
Old 19th January 2008, 19:32   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
i wonder how they manage to keep these beauties alive in places like lebanon syria and other eastern europeans countries,where you might these cars in relatively large numbers and most of then in a pristine condition

I know in Nigeria where they have thousands of them... the spare part market ppl go around the globe picking up parts by the containers. also they were still manu these parts for africa for those who were willing to pay for new parts. must be the same Leb etc.
Old 19th January 2008, 22:50   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
where is this mini? how much shall it cost? i never knew a mini existed in india. and this one isn't living, it's just existing.
This used to be in malad but dont stand there any more where is it now??

Most Viewed