Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2008, 09:44   #256
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I know what the car is, but look through the masking. AFAIK the headlamps were only on the Turbo. The 996 Carrera and Turbo had different headlamps. Something I noticed in NFS Porsche, and then in Germany.
i just googled. they seem the same.

i think liv2drv has headlight covers/ eyelids
Welcome to GMP Performance "Quality Automotive Accessories"

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 17th April 2008 at 09:48.
Old 17th April 2008, 14:44   #257
Senior - BHPian

Here's what the Carrera 996 headlamps looked like, the non-Turbo ones:
MY toys - Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Hummer H2 and more!!-996-carrera.jpg

Here's what the Carrera Turbo 996 headlamps looked like:
MY toys - Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Hummer H2 and more!!-996-carrera-turbo.jpg

liv2drv's car is a c4s as he said, but the headlamps under the mask seem to be those of the 996 turbo. thats what I was trying to say. anyway no biggie dude, the car is still killer
Old 17th April 2008, 15:15   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
liv2drv's car is a c4s as he said, but the headlamps under the mask seem to be those of the 996 turbo. thats what I was trying to say. anyway no biggie dude, the car is still killer
Interesting, never consciously noticed that before.

However, it seems the stock C4S also has the same more agressive headlamps as the turbo! So i guess he did not change them after all ?

cya
R
Old 17th April 2008, 15:18   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Interesting, never consciously noticed that before.

However, it seems the stock C4S also has the same more agressive headlamps as the turbo! So i guess he did not change them after all ?

cya
R
Arre!! Damn I never noticed that only. Apparently the C4S is the only car apart from the Turbo which had those headlamps in the 996 cars. Or maybe it was a mid-life facelift? That would give me an excuse to say i'm right

Edit : I was wrong. C4S came with those all along. Sniff.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 17th April 2008 at 15:19.
Old 17th April 2008, 19:17   #260
BHPian

guys... the 996 had two headlights. pre facelift and post facelift. The ones you are calling turbo lights are actually post 911's. They had these light in all the models. C2, C4, C4S, Targa, Turbo.

anyway to change the topic... i wanted to ask for advice on a situation i was in the other day.
On Sun i went to Royal China in my 911 for lunch. I parked the car my self in front. The Valet asked for the keys and so i gave them to him telling him not to move it or even start it. Half way through my lunch, a friend of mine walks in and tels me the owner of Royal China is standing outside with my hood open and telling everyone my car is a fake. So i got up, walked out... by this time he had finished. Iasked the Valet who was looking at my car. He said 'mera boss dhek raha tha'. So i shouted at him saying i dont care if it is your boss, you should ask me before you hand my keys to anyone. I did this knowing there were other customers around waiting for the Valet's. I also knew the 'Boss' could hear me loud and clear since he was standing behind me at the time. I walked back in and finished my meal. On the way out my friend that told me what was going on asked me to say sorry to him as he was also a friend of his. So as i crossed him on the way out i said, 'Look i shouldn't have shouted like that. Its just that i dont appreciate you telling people about my car when you don't know what you're talking about'. He in return said, 'I have the same car, is it a crime to look at your car!'. So i replied by saying ' its just not right. just because you own the place doesn't mean you have the right to ask for my keys and open the hood'. To which he said 'where is the supercharger? is it a crime to look at your car'. I lost it at this point and said ' its none of your business if my car has a super charger or not. And NO, its not a crime. Its just an idiotic and dumb thing to do. leave alone business ethics. and if you had asked me i would have shown you the car my self!'. By this time i was dragged out by friends.
The reason why i'm sharing this is to know if i was wrong about what i did... is it wrong to be pissed that that the owner thought its his birth right to ask for my car keys and look at it without asking me? just wanted your opinions.
Also... on the way out i saw his 996 parked outside with a Carrera S badge. HAHA, they never made a carrera S on the 996 body. only C2, C4, C4S... and he was trying to say that i had a fake because my super charger was not installed. Now we have the 997 Carrera S which is simply a wide body C2!

Last edited by aah78 : 17th April 2008 at 20:33. Reason: Expletives deleted.
Old 17th April 2008, 19:59   #261
Team-BHP Support

you were right in what you did. its really idiotic that the guy touched your car without even asking you. he was probably jealous. i dont think you shouldve given the keys to the valet. you shouldve kept em.
Old 17th April 2008, 20:09   #262
Senior - BHPian

Agree with Akshay. No one has the right to just take your keys and open the car. Regardless if he has a 996 or a Zonda. Nicely handled Sahir.
Old 17th April 2008, 20:38   #263
BHPian

That is exactly how a situation like that should be handled. He has no business touching your vehicle other than to move it to a different parking spot.
Old 17th April 2008, 21:34   #264
BHPian

i wouldn't want the valet or the restaurant boss to open the hood of my santro without me volunteering for the same, forget porsche
I think you handled it well, if it was me I would have not even finished the meal and driven out without paying the bill. I mean imagine they spill or drop something in my engine bay or worse - they will clearly shed all responsibility by showing you the back of the valet ticket which says "valet parking is at owner's risk and we do not take any responsibility for any damages"
How could the hotel owner be such a joker as to own a supercar himself and do such a stupid thing to someone else's supercar. I guess he is ok with people opening his hood looking around for whats missing under his hood!!
Old 17th April 2008, 21:44   #265
Senior - BHPian

Seriously man. You have some patience even finishing your meal at the place. The valet service doesn't imply a car exhibit. I really dont know if I would ever hand my car over to a valet if I had an exotic, unless it's at a five-star or something. ATleast they're capable of handling good cars, I assume. You weren't wrong at all, and i'm not just saying that because you're a member of the forum. Chuck it man.
Old 17th April 2008, 22:10   #266
BHPian

@liv2drv - you did the right thing, and owner did the worst thing possible.

He has no right to take keys to a customers car, and check it out without owner's permission.

On a funny note, just imagine : Some dumb guy takes keys to your car, opens the bonnet ( front one ) and says : See i was telling ya its a fake ! It doesnt even have an Engine..
Old 18th April 2008, 00:37   #267
BHPian

man you just shouted at him?! i would have beat the brothers lights out for touching my car .. dont worry about it!
Old 18th April 2008, 01:37   #268
BANNED

What an idiotic kind was that?
So, he has the right to just ask for any key from the Valet and have a TD too?
But Liv2, there's no use in fighting with these kinda stupids. They'll remain as they're till the day comes for them.

But why did you leave the key with the valet if it was parked already?
Old 18th April 2008, 02:18   #269
Senior - BHPian

WHOAA!! Superhot Porsche liv2drive. Perfect colour with the perfect wheels. Cheers cheers:
Old 18th April 2008, 02:39   #270
BHPian

I wouldve done the same if i was in ur shoes. But yeah buddy you got a porsche and you actually left ur keys with the vallet? lol i have a cedia and i just park and leave! Nevertheless the owner was completely in the wrong kudos to you for standing up!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks