Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2008, 03:03   #271
Senior - BHPian

What the!!! If i were in your place i would have probably ended up with a fist fight with the employees and the owner. How dare they open the car without permission, doesnt matter if its a maruti or a porsche, its not their car godamnit. Im getting angry just by reading this!!
Old 18th April 2008, 09:24   #272
Senior - BHPian

That was completely dumb and idiotic on the owners part to open the car of customer without his persmission. Some of us get irritated and annoyed just by seeing someone touch our cars without our permission. I suspect he is a member here.
Old 18th April 2008, 14:51   #273
v10
BHPian

what an arrogant guy !! had the guts to admit that it was'nt wrong to open up someone else's car... and then call you a poser!! what you did was the right way to handle such guys...

anyways.. i am starting to like the black on black combo except it is really really hard to maintain.. i saw two rr sports with black tints and blacked out headlamps and one of them had black wheels too... i'm not such a range rover guy, i feel land rover is a debt. ridden company and their money invested in research and dev. is nothing compared to what bmw, merc, audi, vw or porsche would invest and you can get a glimpse of what i'm talkin about just by seeing the centre console.. but i would i agree that they looked pretty hot.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th April 2008 at 22:59.
Old 18th April 2008, 14:59   #274
Senior - BHPian

OT,

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
... i'm not such a range rover guy, i feel land rover is a debt. ridden company and their money invested in research and dev. is nothing compared to what bmw, merc, audi, vw or porsche would invest and you can get a glimpse of what i'm talkin about just by seeing the centre console.. but i would i agree that they looked pretty hot.
Actually v10 I started to read a lot of stuff online and in publishings when the takeover was imminent. I came across this piece of information, that Ford was selling LR alongwith Jaguar mainly for two reasons :
  • They share common components, and share production facilities(this im not aware of). Must be significant if it found a mention in international automotive analysts views. And,
  • LR has been steadily profitable over the years. Hence to make the deal more lucrative, the sale is being coupled.
So I doubt LR is in debt, or has been making heavy losses. If I'm oblivious of certain facts, please correct me As far as comparision of R&D investment is concerned, I suppose you are obviously right.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 18th April 2008 at 15:00.
Old 18th April 2008, 15:28   #275
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
OT,

Actually v10 I started to read a lot of stuff online and in publishings when the takeover was imminent. I came across this piece of information, that Ford was selling LR alongwith Jaguar mainly for two reasons :
  • They share common components, and share production facilities(this im not aware of). Must be significant if it found a mention in international automotive analysts views. And,
  • LR has been steadily profitable over the years. Hence to make the deal more lucrative, the sale is being coupled.
So I doubt LR is in debt, or has been making heavy losses. If I'm oblivious of certain facts, please correct me As far as comparision of R&D investment is concerned, I suppose you are obviously right.
i wouldnt say profitable over the years but yes 2007 has been a good year for land rover as jaguar and land rover have been suffering heavy losses and in 2006 land rover and jaguar had a combined loss of 500 mn $ hoever the entry of ew gen. products now emerging like the xk, xf, lr3 and now a sports suv is on the cards too...
the past was dark but the future seems bright. i wouldnt suggest buying a rr now but if rr and jaguar go this way, i'd say 4 years down the line the next rr would be something pretty special...
Old 18th April 2008, 15:39   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
...if rr and jaguar go this way, i'd say 4 years down the line the next rr would be something pretty special...
MY toys - Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Hummer H2 and more!!-land_rover_lrx_1.jpg

Something like this eh? I love the LRX, especially since I really dont like LRs/RRs to begin with. They do really well everywhere but I just can't seem to agree with the styling.

Anyway back to liv2drv's Porsche. Sorry mods for veering off topic!
Old 18th April 2008, 16:36   #277
BHPian

Man Liv2Drive that is one sweet Porsche!

And WRT to the incident, I would've slugged the owner of the restaurant for 2 reasons
1) For touching my car without my permission
2) For calling me a fake!

But I guess you handled it just fine, people need to be put in their place no matter what they are worth, or think they are worth...
cheers:
Old 18th April 2008, 23:51   #278
Senior - BHPian

@liv2drv: Do you really fell the need to ask for our opinion?! What the restaurant owner did was completely wrong and uncalled for. He has absolutely no right to open a car without the owners permission and to add to his senseless behavior he called your car a fake and stuff!
I feel what you did was right.
But I don't really approve of scolding the poor valet either for him having handed your keys to his boss or to convey your wrath to his boss since, the valet couldn't really have been able to refuse to hand over your car keys to his boss either due to fear of losing his job or being harassed in future for so called arrogance and many other reasons. Hence, I feel you should have directly spoken to the restaurant owner. No offence meant to you brother. I fully understand your plight and am really sorry to know what happened to you.
Old 19th April 2008, 00:15   #279
BHPian

its just a car bro .. having said that .. ."No one has permission to open your car.. make it into a public museum .. and on top of that the owner of the rest. explaining his views "ITS FAKE" is hilarious .. hahaha ..

Note from Mod - Please use proper punctuation instead.. of .. typing.. like.. this.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th April 2008 at 00:35. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 19th April 2008, 17:46   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post

anyway to change the topic... i wanted to ask for advice on a situation i was in the other day.
On Sun i went to Royal China in my 911 for lunch. I parked the car my self in front. The Valet asked for the keys and so i gave them to him telling him not to move it or even start it. Half way through my lunch, a friend of mine walks in and tels me the owner of Royal China is standing outside with my hood open and telling everyone my car is a fake. So i got up, walked out... by this time he had finished. Iasked the Valet who was looking at my car. He said 'mera boss dhek raha tha'. So i shouted at him saying i dont care if it is your boss, you should ask me before you hand my keys to anyone. I did this knowing there were other customers around waiting for the Valet's. I also knew the 'Boss' could hear me loud and clear since he was standing behind me at the time. I walked back in and finished my meal. On the way out my friend that told me what was going on asked me to say sorry to him as he was also a friend of his. So as i crossed him on the way out i said, 'Look i shouldn't have shouted like that. Its just that i dont appreciate you telling people about my car when you don't know what you're talking about'. He in return said, 'I have the same car, is it a crime to look at your car!'. So i replied by saying ' its just not right. just because you own the place doesn't mean you have the right to ask for my keys and open the hood'. To which he said 'where is the supercharger? is it a crime to look at your car'. I lost it at this point and said ' its none of your business if my car has a super charger or not. And NO, its not a crime. Its just an idiotic and dumb thing to do. leave alone business ethics. and if you had asked me i would have shown you the car my self!'. By this time i was dragged out by friends.
The reason why i'm sharing this is to know if i was wrong about what i did... is it wrong to be pissed that that the owner thought its his birth right to ask for my car keys and look at it without asking me? just wanted your opinions.
Also... on the way out i saw his 996 parked outside with a Carrera S badge. HAHA, they never made a carrera S on the 996 body. only C2, C4, C4S... and he was trying to say that i had a fake because my super charger was not installed. Now we have the 997 Carrera S which is simply a wide body C2!

Dude,one piece of advice, NEVER leave your car keys with the valet specially when you park it yourself... I am a regular at Royal China and always park outside the door whenever i am in the Beemer, if my driver is not around i lock the car and walk in, if the valet needs me he can very well ask the manager to call me and i am happy to move the car if needed for a reason.
And restaraunts usually have proper parking outside so there is no real need for the valet to move your car. Even at Prive where they do actually need to move the car at times, i always park it on the outside porch and walk in..the valets dont even bother asking me for the keys anymore.

You are justfied in getting angry especialy after what the kid said to you but thats just immaturity speaking + bombay cocky-ness.

On a more ligther note-This is one more reason why i dont want to get the M5 kit, like i said in the other thread.With nosey people like this around town they might open my bonnet and reveal i am a fake. Just kidding.
Old 20th April 2008, 02:25   #281
BHPian

Sorry about the incident. I think you handled it well.
How about getting that car down to Goa? No valet would cause any trouble plus we could spot yet another rare exotic that too modded.
Old 4th May 2008, 22:56   #282
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sahir, Back in Delhi, eh !! So how was your weekend trip to Chandigarh ?

Quite a coincidence but I was right behind you most of the way to Chd on Saturday afternoon, and crossed you when we were on the way back to Delhi on Sunday evening as well.

Your Hummer was turning quite a few heads all along the highway.

Cheers !

cheers:
Old 12th May 2008, 22:07   #283
BHPian

Hey guys, i had a little accident in my 911 on friday night. I was outside the JW marriot and i went into the back of a CRV at about 40. Funny thing is the crv was a lot more damaged then my car. I only have bumper damage. but i dont know where to take my car. If i go to Porsche they will say you need a new one etc. so i need help... where can i get great bodywork! i would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out with suggestions.

manveet, you should have pulled me over and at least met up. did you enjoy the match?
It was a great driving the hummer to Chandi, and even more fun in Chandi.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th May 2008 at 13:32.
Old 12th May 2008, 23:22   #284
Senior - BHPian

Ouch! Thats bad. I'm guessing no one was injured.
Hope your car gets fixed soon! Good luck!
Old 13th May 2008, 10:46   #285
BHPian

Take it to arush, maybe he can do something. It would be difficult to suggest without pics. Is it just the bumpers or did the headlamp assembly also get damaged ?

Most Viewed