Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2008, 19:10   #346
BHPian

Thanks man. Don't really like Lambo's. I'd rather go for a Ferrari over the Lambo. But i dont think i'd buy either if i had the choice. I love porsches, and it doesn't get better than old Porsches. I used to love Ferrari's but i'm starting to find them a bit too o.t.t now. Especially if you have a red or a yellow one. And a porsche turbo is all you need if you're driving the car on city roads. If you take your car to the track (which in Delhi you cant do) then maybe i'd understand the want for more performance... and yeah, you can get a lot better than a Turbo's performance but the difference is still marginal unless you go into the super super car league. I just started building a 993 turbo... hopefully it'll blow my Supercharged C4S in Delhi out the window. And i use my Cabriolet 993 everyday in London.
Old 30th October 2008, 23:20   #347

well, the lambo's looks are iconic. but in terms of performance, it was shown that an evo 8 could keep up with it on a track. guess its more of a status statement. and you definitely can't go wrong with a porsche. why not get the gt3?
Old 31st October 2008, 15:45   #348
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewKyD View Post
well, the lambo's looks are iconic. but in terms of performance, it was shown that an evo 8 could keep up with it on a track. guess its more of a status statement. and you definitely can't go wrong with a porsche. why not get the gt3?
The GT3 is a track car... and as LIV2DRV said, in delhi you cant track your car..
Old 31st October 2008, 16:28   #349
DKG
Senior - BHPian

liv2dr now that you have the most awesome machinery in your yard how about creating a race track so you can enjoy them without having to worry about dogs or auto's crossing your path!!

How about something along the lines of the autodrome in Dubai. Its possibly workeable as a business model too

Last edited by DKG : 31st October 2008 at 16:29.
Old 31st October 2008, 20:04   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
How about something along the lines of the autodrome in Dubai. Its possibly workeable as a business model too
That should be a bit of a Team BHP project, really. A service centre, and a track.
Old 31st October 2008, 20:57   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
liv2dr now that you have the most awesome machinery in your yard how about creating a race track so you can enjoy them without having to worry about dogs or auto's crossing your path!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
That should be a bit of a Team BHP project, really. A service centre, and a track.
Already tried it a few years ago, with a Business model for the government. I had met the then sports Minister also in this regards to this. He was in favour of this. It was rejected by the Juhu airodrome on the grounds that it would hamper with the flying school there. I did not approach for land on the outskirts of Bombay as i did not have the finance to construct it from scratch.
Old 31st October 2008, 22:50   #352
DKG
Senior - BHPian

With an F1 team under his belt isn't Vijay Mallya planning on making one already?
Old 1st November 2008, 00:05   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
The GT3 is a track car... and as LIV2DRV said, in delhi you cant track your car..

well yes thats true but if he's planning on making performance mods he might as well go for the gt3 right? anyway just a thought. he's had more than enough experience so he'll know best lol
Old 1st November 2008, 01:43   #354
BHPian

OT::
if not mistaken indore is coming up with an auto testing track and autodrome. have been hearing about it from past couple of years, still not sure whether the work has started on it or not. though expect it before 2015.
the industrial "gao" near indore is supposed to be india's detroit. don't know who coined that term and why as we can hardly see any improvements there.

but the good news is that the govt. is planning for an auto testing track here.
Old 1st November 2008, 02:29   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
but the good news is that the govt. is planning for an auto testing track here.
The bigger question is, will a normal enthusiast (or a group) be allowed to use the track or will be for manufacturers only?
Old 2nd November 2008, 00:12   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With an F1 team under his belt isn't Vijay Mallya planning on making one already?
Last heard was Mr.Mallya was pushing for the street track in Delhi for the F1, just like Monaco and Singapore.

@ Samyak what i had heard years ago was that place was to be made and used by Manufacturers to test their cars and not open to the public.
Old 2nd November 2008, 20:55   #357
BHPian

I know of a few tracks that may be in the pipe line... But we'll see when they are actually built. Till then Lutyens Delhi will have to do.
I've heard 'Force India' is in a bit of trouble and Mr. Kingfisher may even consider selling. That'll really suck... But we've always got A1 to look forward to, ha ha!
Old 2nd November 2008, 20:57   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
I know of a few tracks that may be in the pipe line... But we'll see when they are actually built. Till then Lutyens Delhi will have to do.
I've heard 'Force India' is in a bit of trouble and Mr. Kingfisher may even consider selling. That'll really suck... But we've always got A1 to look forward to, ha ha!

Whats "Lutyens Delhi" ?
Old 2nd November 2008, 21:01   #359
Senior - BHPian

Lutyens' Delhi is an area in Delhi, specifically New Delhi, India, named after the leading British architect Edwin Lutyens (1869–1944), who was responsible for much of the architectural design and building here when India was part of the British Empire.

SOURCE : Lutyens' Delhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 2nd November 2008, 21:10   #360
v10
BHPian

4 places -

1.) Lutyens
2.) Noida
3.) Dwarka
4.) NH8 (early mornings or late nights)

;D

Most Viewed