Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2008, 21:23   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
I
I've heard 'Force India' is in a bit of trouble and Mr. Kingfisher may even consider selling. That'll really suck... But we've always got A1 to look forward to, ha ha!
That BLOWS! Where did you hear that??
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:31   #362
BHPian

NH 8 is a death trap!!! i would never go over 120 there. Once i was diving in the centre lane and a big truck came flying down in the wrong direction straight at me... i had to swerve out of the way... this was in the midlle of the day. be careful!
Noida is nice... i clocked 283kmph on the expressway :-)

Last edited by liv2drv : 3rd November 2008 at 15:34.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:10   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Last heard was Mr.Mallya was pushing for the street track in Delhi for the F1, just like Monaco and Singapore.

@ Samyak what i had heard years ago was that place was to be made and used by Manufacturers to test their cars and not open to the public.
Track being made in Noida. Not open to public other than the drag events that are supposed to be held. Mallya has nothing to do with this track, its being made as a joint venture by someone from Hydrabad... well thats as much info I can give out but its a World Class Track... god knows when it'll be open for us to take our beasts there.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:32   #364
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
its being made as a joint venture by someone from Hydrabad
Interesting. I can think of Venkatram Reddy of Deccan Chronicle who has a huge collection of Bentley and RR's and a couple of Lambo's as being the likely sponsor.
Old 6th November 2008, 13:56   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
Track being made in Noida. Not open to public other than the drag events that are supposed to be held. Mallya has nothing to do with this track, its being made as a joint venture by someone from Hydrabad... well thats as much info I can give out but its a World Class Track... god knows when it'll be open for us to take our beasts there.
That is really sad . I think it should be open for public use , albeit for a price tag .

It will actually curb down the speed thrills that we youngsters explore on streets.
Old 6th November 2008, 14:43   #366
BHPian

Quote:
i clocked 283kmph on the expressway :-)
liv2drv, you are amazing and your collections are wow wow wow. your thread glued me to my seat and i am just drooling over and over.

keep going buddy.
Old 6th November 2008, 17:35   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
That is really sad . I think it should be open for public use , albeit for a price tag .

It will actually curb down the speed thrills that we youngsters explore on streets.
I wonder what kind of speed thrills you explore on streets
Old 6th November 2008, 18:29   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I wonder what kind of speed thrills you explore on streets
Getting out of traffic with your life seems to be thrilling enough, i'd dare say
Old 6th November 2008, 21:01   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post

Even though logically that system may work but not necessarily will it in reality,Example I was told by a few (have not read the article myself) that in Dubai even with the Autodrome, kids with money race their sweet rides on track day's (which is practicly atlest twice in a week if the track is realy busy for official use or when they book the whole track) but my midnight are anyways back on the road.
Old 6th November 2008, 21:54   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
Getting out of traffic with your life seems to be thrilling enough, i'd dare say
And keeping an LP from being nicked too, I suppose? I hope I never have to experience the agony of 640bhp trapped amidst cabs and rickshaws.
Old 8th November 2008, 05:42   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
That BLOWS! Where did you hear that??
Well, its simple. Mr. Mallya bought a team which never made it in the top 10 teams ever. They previously could not always even finish a damn race. After Mallya bought the team, they have managed to complete most of the races this season, but not both the drives. 1 of them would always retire. LOL. So just don't be surprised if Mallya sells off Force India as it was a bad buy. The thought of buying a team was excellent, but please, not teams like this. It is true that he has put India on the F1 map, that's really great, but on the flipside, his team is a laughing stock on the grid, puts a shame to the country's name. He is best with his alchohol business. Should stick to it.
Old 8th November 2008, 12:41   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Noida is nice... i clocked 283kmph on the expressway :-)
Damn, thats fast ! What car were you driving?

I clocked 250km/hr on the bombay-pune expressway but the limiter didn't let it push further although the tacho meter indicated some steam left to go more. How did you manage to get the limiter removed?
Old 8th November 2008, 17:16   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
Well, its simple. Mr. Mallya bought a team which never made it in the top 10 teams ever. They previously could not always even finish a damn race. After Mallya bought the team, they have managed to complete most of the races this season, but not both the drives. 1 of them would always retire. LOL. So just don't be surprised if Mallya sells off Force India as it was a bad buy. The thought of buying a team was excellent, but please, not teams like this. It is true that he has put India on the F1 map, that's really great, but on the flipside, his team is a laughing stock on the grid, puts a shame to the country's name. He is best with his alchohol business. Should stick to it.
Sure mate, thanks. My REAL question was whether liv2drv had credible sources. We all kinda know Force India has been a bit of a potato of a purchase. HOWEVER, it takes time for a team to settle down. It's just their first season, and Giancarlo Fisichella himself seems pretty optimistic as far as press reports go. VM even promised him a better car for the next season.

So thanks for the analysis. I was just waiting to see if the whole thing was just a rumour.
Cheers
Old 8th November 2008, 18:50   #374
BHPian

Force India did make a tremendous progress and since every other team also made a good come back I feel the progress didn't actually get the media's attention. Remember Force India started with very little resources, Mallya infused a great deal of hope and not to forget the money. They are in fact very good, I would say its actually tough to bounce back within a year in a very competitive sport like F1, just look at Renault for this example.
Mallya had set in very good goals for the team and I guess he is indeed managing the team very well.
Fisi 's experience will be a key to the team and had Adrian finished in 4 th place in Monaco GP I am sure it would have been really a very proud moment for every Indian too.
Old 8th November 2008, 21:27   #375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Damn, thats fast ! What car were you driving?

I clocked 250km/hr on the bombay-pune expressway but the limiter didn't let it push further although the tacho meter indicated some steam left to go more. How did you manage to get the limiter removed?
hmm.. do porsches have limiters? im guessing it was his carrera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks