Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2007, 00:04   #31
BHPian

Sorry guys no more Goan cars in this thread now on
Old 24th August 2007, 01:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

guys check out the rims on the caymanne s. it looks really nice in red. sort of catches your attention.

Old 29th August 2007, 06:36   #33

Porsches In India

Guys, I was wondering out of curiousity more than anything else, are Porsches available in India with manual transmissions or not? In particular I am referring to the 911 range.
Old 29th August 2007, 08:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Guys, I was wondering out of curiousity more than anything else, are Porsches available in India with manual transmissions or not? In particular I am referring to the 911 range.

yup they are for the entire range
Old 29th August 2007, 12:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, they are sold as abroad, meaning all versions & all options are available since cars are usually brought in against a confirmed order so they can be fully customised.

P.S. They even offer the GT3 RS, though I can't understand where one can drive that in India!
Old 29th August 2007, 12:51   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yup, they are sold as abroad, meaning all versions & all options are available since cars are usually brought in against a confirmed order so they can be fully customised.

P.S. They even offer the GT3 RS, though I can't understand where one can drive that in India!

if you have the money to call for a GT3 RS you definately dont bother about the roads(the guy would hardly drive it anyways). its more of a style statement and to be a cut above the rest.
Old 30th August 2007, 05:49   #37

Thanks for the comments, my dad wants to buy a new car - he is considering a Mercedes SL or a Porsche. But he only likes the Cayman. He has been in my Porsches over the years and although he likes the 997 he prefers the Cayman. I am trying to convince him to get the 987S - if its in manual - I will be more than happy to fly to India when he gets it! If its a auto - he can do order and delivery etc himself
Old 30th August 2007, 15:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the comments, my dad wants to buy a new car - he is considering a Mercedes SL or a Porsche. But he only likes the Cayman. He has been in my Porsches over the years and although he likes the 997 he prefers the Cayman. I am trying to convince him to get the 987S - if its in manual - I will be more than happy to fly to India when he gets it! If its a auto - he can do order and delivery etc himself
all your father need to do is tell the dealer his preference of transmission and they shall get it down for him. all cars are imported and you can even design the car with your options, note down the option numbers and it would be on your car. but there again the car is gonna be driven by your father so i think you should leave the choice upto him. whats the point if he does not enjoy his ride.
Old 7th September 2007, 12:31   #39
BHPian

talking of goa... we decided to add to the goa 'exotic' scene. if you guys see a range rover (silver) or a cls 320 cdi (also silver), they belong to us.
Old 7th September 2007, 15:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

that sounds great,congrats
Old 8th September 2007, 18:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this uncovered Cayman or 911, not very sure...there were 2 S-classes also near this & all these were kept out of the house..inside the compound were a E-class, 2 new camrys & an accord...I guess it was some political leader's house...

Old 8th September 2007, 18:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

hanmust it looks like a 911. seeing the fender height and size. even if you see the rear slope gives it a 911 feel. next time you cross the place check if sleeping beuty has woken up .
Old 8th September 2007, 19:06   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
hanmust it looks like a 911. seeing the fender height and size. even if you see the rear slope gives it a 911 feel. next time you cross the place check if sleeping beuty has woken up .
I too think its a 911..but I coudn't stop cos there were guards in front of the house..

But I'm very sorry to say Speedy...I not sure whether I'll be passing that pocket road any near future..cos I'm from Kerala...I was in Delhi for some test-drives for our mag...and I took this snap when I went to drop my fren there at some hotel near Akbar road...
Old 8th September 2007, 20:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
I too think its a 911..but I coudn't stop cos there were guards in front of the house..

But I'm very sorry to say Speedy...I not sure whether I'll be passing that pocket road any near future..cos I'm from Kerala...I was in Delhi for some test-drives for our mag...and I took this snap when I went to drop my fren there at some hotel near Akbar road...
no problem hanmust. just pass on the address and i shall continue the detective work, what say you my dear watson . it might turn out to be a silver one i know off. the owner is in the close vacinity of the area you mentioned.
Old 25th September 2007, 07:55   #45
BHPian

A Red mumbai porsche carrera seen in Pune

Most Viewed