Team-BHP - Mercedes SLK 55 AMG launch on 2nd December, 2013 Edit: Now Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Mercedes SLK 55 AMG launch on 2nd December, 2013 Edit: Now Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/144364-mercedes-slk-55-amg-launch-2nd-december-2013-edit-now-launched.html)

Mercedes-Benz India will launch the SLK 55 AMG in India on the 2nd of December.

Mercedes SLK 55 AMG launch on 2nd December, 2013 Edit: Now Launched-mercedesslk55amg.jpg

This 5.5-liter naturally aspirated V8 engined monster churns out 421 hp and accelerates from 0-100 kph in 4.6 seconds, with a top speed of 250 kmph.
The AMG will come equipped with the AMG SPEEDSHIFT 7G-TRONIC PLUS seven-speed automatic transmission.
The new model is about 30 percent more efficient than the previous version with a fuel efficiency of 11.89 kpl (in the UK driving cycle) and CO2 emissions of 195 g/km.

Five other AMG cars in its India portfolio are the E-63, the C-63, the G-63 and the SLS AMG coupe and roadster.
The new S-Class will follow in January 2014.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/11/m...-launch-104027

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathlal (Post 3293793)
Mercedes-Benz India will launch the SLK 55 AMG in India on the 2nd of December.

This 5.5-liter naturally aspirated V8 engined monster churns out 421 hp and accelerates from 0-100 kph in 4.6 seconds, with a top speed of 250 kmph.
The AMG will come equipped with the AMG SPEEDSHIFT 7G-TRONIC PLUS seven-speed automatic transmission.
The new model is about 30 percent more efficient than the previous version with a fuel efficiency of 11.89 kpl (in the UK driving cycle) and CO2 emissions of 195 g/km.

Five other AMG cars in its India portfolio are the E-63, the C-63, the G-63 and the SLS AMG coupe and roadster.
The new S-Class will follow in January 2014.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/11/m...-launch-104027

OT:
Aren't the CLS and SL also a part of the AMG lineup here ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///RMan (Post 3294610)

OT:
Aren't the CLS and SL also a part of the AMG lineup here ?

Yes they are, but AMG spec models for the current generation aren't launched yet AFAIK. Also, I don't remember the previous CLS63 AMG being a part of the Indian portfolio, I guess they were ordered by the dealership upon request. Pretty much like Nissan dealerships getting a GT-R for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa (Post 3308626)

Yes they are, but AMG spec models for the current generation aren't launched yet AFAIK. Also, I don't remember the previous CLS63 AMG being a part of the Indian portfolio, I guess they were ordered by the dealership upon request. Pretty much like Nissan dealerships getting a GT-R for you.

The latest SL R231 hasn't even reached Indian shores yet let alone the AMG variants but the R230(pre facelift and facelift both) sure were a part of Mercs portfolio for India, regular and AMG versions including.

CLS63 I guess you are right but I recollect seeing CLS on the showroom floor of two different Merc dealerships in Bombay but they could be ordered cars awaiting delivery as you say

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Merc SLK55 AMG launched at 1.26cr.

Live update from Fly-Wheel.

Mercedes-Benz has launched the SLK 55 AMG roadster in India at a whopping Rs. 1.26 crore.

Link to News Article

Mercedes SLK 55 AMG launch on 2nd December, 2013 Edit: Now Launched-mr.-eberhard-kern_-managing-director-ceo-mercedesbenz-india-launchof-slk-55-amg3.jpg

The SLK 350 is 1.2 on-road Mumbai, in that sense I expected this to cost more.

Either way, at this price I'd take the 911.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saarth (Post 3309471)
The SLK 350 is 1.2 on-road Mumbai, in that sense I expected this to cost more. Either way, at this price I'd take the 911.

I reckon the current 911 is way beyond this price and now upwards of 1.6 cr. rather get the new boxter at this price IMO

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRANSAM (Post 3309501)
I reckon the current 911 is way beyond this price and now upwards of 1.6 cr. rather get the new boxter at this price IMO

Last I checked they still had some available at the old price of 1.30 ex-showroom, but you're right, if you order a new one it should be close to 1.6 cr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saarth (Post 3309471)
The SLK 350 is 1.2 on-road Mumbai, in that sense I expected this to cost more.
Either way, at this price I'd take the 911.

You and me both buddy. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRANSAM (Post 3309501)

Agreed. I'd even rather have a Cayman-S than the SLK AMG.

Every time I hear about the price of new 'exotics' in India I shake my head in disbelief. $200,000 for an SLK AMG? Unreal. What's even more ironic is that a lot of the uber-expensive imports are often more trouble than they're worth.
The other day I was picking up my sister's Linea from the Tata service station and I got chatting with the breakdown truck driver that had just brought in a new Land Rover Vogue on his flatbed. I inquired what the problem was and the guy just shook his head and told me that every week they get at least one Vogue, Sport, or Evoque that's just died on their owners. This particular Vogue refused to raise the recessed electronic rotary gear-selector knob when the car was started which meant that it couldn't move an inch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostrider (Post 3309558)
Agreed. I'd even rather have a Cayman-S than the SLK AMG.

Every time I hear about the price of new 'exotics' in India I shake my head in disbelief. $200,000 for an SLK AMG? Unreal. What's even more ironic is that a lot of the uber-expensive imports are often more trouble than they're worth.
The other day I was picking up my sister's Linea from the Tata service station and I got chatting with the breakdown truck driver that had just brought in a new Land Rover Vogue on his flatbed. I inquired what the problem was and the guy just shook his head and told me that every week they get at least one Vogue, Sport, or Evoque that's just died on their owners. This particular Vogue refused to raise the recessed electronic rotary gear-selector knob when the car was started which meant that it couldn't move an inch.

Tell me about it. We sold our 2010 Range Rover Vogue off within 2 years of ownership because of various problems ranging from cameras to the terrain system malfunctioning and locking up.

To stay on topic however, Mercedes has increased their prices in India to ridiculous amounts. I got offered the new S500 for upwards of 1.60, although I'm not sure if this was CBU or CKD. They said CKD, but I doubt they would launch the car in India with CKDs already available instead of the first batch of 100 CBUs.

The CLS 350 now costs as much as the out-going S500 at 1.20+ on-road Mumbai.