Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2015, 18:43   #31
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
In the absence of an official Ferrari dealership and service centre, would an advanced private garage, say RACEtech, be able to take care of such works?
To this I would say yes, and no.
Yes because RaceTech has been taking care of some of the best exotica around with great care. They have some nice quality standards too.
No because they havent handled a F12 in the past, I guess. And as doctorque pointed out, this might need some diagonistics that only the Ferrari officials have.
Old 6th January 2015, 11:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ferrari F12berlinetta in India, finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Cant wait to see one in a nice red parked next to an Aventador in our very own country.
The Grey one is there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
In the absence of an official Ferrari dealership and service centre, would an advanced private garage, say RACEtech, be able to take care of such works?
The ferrari dealership is not absent, they have new dealers in Bombay and Delhi. They have sold 5 cars since Ashish was removed.

One does not need to go to any independent garage to service a ferrari. The owner simply calls Marenello or mails them. A technician is flown in to service or repair the car. In Bombay the fiat service centre is used to service the vehicles.
Old 6th January 2015, 12:28   #33
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

The ferrari dealership is not absent, they have new dealers in Bombay and Delhi. They have sold 5 cars since Ashish was removed.
Eh? Can you please elaborate on these 5 cars mate?
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 12:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Eh? Can you please elaborate on these 5 cars mate?
I don't ask which cars or who are the owners. The cars are booked and when they get delivered in their due course, everyone would know.
Old 6th January 2015, 14:28   #35
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't ask which cars or who are the owners. The cars are booked and when they get delivered in their due course, everyone would know.
Exactly what I wanted to know, whether they were delivered or not
Should've been specific. Thanks anyways!
Old 6th January 2015, 14:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Should've been specific. Thanks anyways!
I did mention in my previous post "They have sold 5 cars since Ashish was removed." No where in the statement have i mentioned delivered or anything in regards to the cars being with the owners or dealership. I guess you went a little ahead in the thought process or misunderstood the line.
Old 6th January 2015, 16:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the F12 next to the Aventador (and a whole lot of other superones ) at the Dubai mall central entrance a couple of days ago.

IMO, terms of presence and sheer drama the f12 cannot...just cannot hold a candle to the Aventador. No doubt about it. Ignite and rev both of them though and its an impossible call ! NOTHING comes close to the Italian symphony !

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 6th January 2015 at 16:04.
Old 7th January 2015, 10:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Spotted the F12 next to the Aventador (and a whole lot of other superones ) at the Dubai mall central entrance a couple of days ago.

IMO, terms of presence and sheer drama the f12 cannot...just cannot hold a candle to the Aventador. No doubt about it. Ignite and rev both of them though and its an impossible call ! NOTHING comes close to the Italian symphony !
Some places make such sightings just so easy.. We will just have to wait a wee bit more before we get to see something like that here in India..

Now lets see if the first F12 that arrives is through the ex Ferrari dealer, current Ferrari dealer or a self import. Race is on.
Old 7th January 2015, 11:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

The first F-12? I thought one already exists in a famous garage in goa? There is a fb post in page 2 of this thread.
Old 7th January 2015, 11:24   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
The first F-12? I thought one already exists in a famous garage in goa? There is a fb post in page 2 of this thread.
Yes i just saw it but i am not sure how authentic is this piece of news. The car seems to have never been spotted. Even some other supercar owners i spoke to from Goa have no information on the same.
Old 7th January 2015, 11:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now lets see if the first F12 that arrives is through the ex Ferrari dealer, current Ferrari dealer or a self import. Race is on.
The cars won't come via the ex ferrari dealer as he is absconding in America. The cars would come via Ferrari India as the new dealerships are being set up yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Goa has the FF is i am not mistaken, no F12. F12 on the streets, never heard or seen. The only two cars are at the customs, red and the grey.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 11:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
The cars won't come via the ex ferrari dealer as he is absconding in America. The cars would come via Ferrari India as the new dealerships are being set up yet.
Buddy as i had mentioned in an earlier post, the new Ferrari dealerships have nothing to do with the deliveries on cars ordered from the previous dealer. Those cars (2 of them as you say) need to be sorted out between the ex dealer, buyer and the court. At least this is what the gentleman whose car is stuck at customs had to tell me.

Of course once delivered, the current dealer has to take care of the after sales part of it.
Old 7th January 2015, 11:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy as i had mentioned in an earlier post, the new Ferrari dealerships have nothing to do with the deliveries on cars ordered from the previous dealer. Those cars (2 of them as you say) need to be sorted out between the ex dealer, buyer and the court. At least this is what the gentleman whose car is stuck at customs had to tell me.

Of course once delivered, the current dealer has to take care of the after sales part of it.
I did quote your post bhai.

Ferrari as a company also has nothing to do with the old lot, as they say the cars have been delivered and its the customer with the dealer issue. Ask the gentleman to get in touch with A.T. or YZP. YZP got his car out following A.T. documentations and courts paper work. Both 458's are out and registered as well.

Yes the new dealer would take care of the after sales but till they set up, Ferrari themselves are looking after it.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 12:56   #44
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
YZP got his car out following A.T. documentations and courts paper work. Both 458's are out and registered as well.
I came across the below orders with respect to the same car. Intervalve (India) Ltd. is a part of the Poonawalla group i believe. So much headache to get ones fancy car get delivered!The Lawyers are the only ones who have benefited due to this saga.

http://bombayhighcourt.nic.in/genera...RmJnNtZmxhZz1O

PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 13:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I came across the below orders with respect to the same car. Intervalve (India) Ltd. is a part of the Poonawalla group i believe.
Yes they are indeed and I had no idea until I cross checked after your post. I have been buying their products for over 15 years now.

I met an old friend whose dad is of quite high stature in Bangalore. He is looking to buy an exotic and was telling me that he is currently unable to book or order any Ferrari in India at the moment and can only do so via Ferrari-Italy. So I guess that would mean that at the moment one can only call ISD to Modena to get a Ferrari which would indirectly mean that no dealer has been appointed officially so far?

My friend is now looking to buy a Hurracan instead!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks