Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 16:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Parx SCI Supercar Show, 2014! Venue and Details

Yes, it's that time of the year again. The glam-capital of India is gonna yet again bathe in supercar glory

One of the event's official partners, Racetech Automotive has just announced the details of the 2014 chapter.

This time around, it's back to a one day event, so I guess the display time would be considerably shortened compared to 2012.

Quote:
PARX SUPER CAR SHOW 2014

12TH JANUARY 2014
  • 0800-0830 - Reporting of Cars at Vidhan Bhavan Parking Lot
  • 0830-1100 Hrs - Display of cars at Vidhan Bhavan Parking Lot
  • 1100 hours - Flag-off for the city parade
  • 1100 – 1300 hrs - Drive (Route given below)
  • 1300 – 1330hrs - Cars Return & Prize Distribution

The route for the drive is as follows:

VIDHAN BHAVAN PARKING LOT - MARINE DRIVE - WALKESHWAR - TEEN BATTI – KAMLA NEHRU PARK - KEMPS CORNER - BREACH CANDY - HAJI ALI - WORLI SEA FACE – SEA LINK (REGROUP AFTER THE TOLL) ON TO WESTERN EXPRESS HIGHWAY – ‘U’ TURN UNDER THE BKC JUNCTION @ BANDRA EAST - SEA LINK - WORLI SEA FACE - HAJI ALI - PEDDAR ROAD - BABULNATH – CHOWPATTY - MARINE DRIVE – VIDHAN BHAVAN PARKING LOT

Last edited by Scorcher : 11th December 2013 at 16:22.
Scorcher is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 19:47   #2
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Parx SCI Supercar Show, 2014! Venue and Details

Thanks Scorcher!
A lot of us eagerly look forward to this event every year.

After doing the event over 2 days last time (which worked well), surprised to see the display and parade on the same day this time around.
Old 11th December 2013, 20:52   #3
BHPian

Great news Scorcher..!

Guys let's plan a few meeting points at the locations across the route.
Kind of multiple mini meets.

And also lets discuss some good locations to take photographs across the route.

I'll be at Worli seaface, just before the left to sea link. Provides a plenty of time to click these beauties, both ways.
Old 11th December 2013, 23:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

What cars are expected this time?

I hope to see the Blue R8 V10+ as a massive crowd puller this time.
Old 11th December 2013, 23:30   #5
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
I want the F12 and LP720 to be there.

Apart from that I believe AP's matte black Aventador will be present, maybe the AMS tuned GTR too. I really wish to see the Racetech'd GT40 replica in the show.

Maybe a BMW i8 too.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 23:36   #6
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Should be a fun event as usual! Any idea why the venue has been shifted back to Vidhan Bhavan?

Some cars which i hope make it to the event - F430 Scuderia, Maserati MC Stradale (is this still in Bangalore or back in Pune?), 599gtb, Quattroporte with Kreissieg exhaust, Blue R8 V10+, Blue LP640, Aston Martin Vanquish & Ferrari FF.
Not sure when GS will be getting delivery of his LP720-4 Anniversario.
Spotting an F12 Berlinetta would be the icing on the cake!
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 13:32   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post

I hope to see the Blue R8 V10+ as a massive crowd puller this time.
The blue R8 is a stunner and sure will be a crowd puller, though if a F12 could turn the party pooper if it turns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I want the F12 and LP720 to be there.

Apart from that I believe AP's matte black Aventador will be present, maybe the AMS tuned GTR too. I really wish to see the Racetech'd GT40 replica in the show.

Maybe a BMW i8 too.
The Alpha should be there mostly,provided the owner being present in the city at the time of the event I am told.
Its one car I am looking forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Should be a fun event as usual! Any idea why the venue has been shifted back to Vidhan Bhavan?

Some cars which i hope make it to the event - F430 Scuderia, Maserati MC Stradale (is this still in Bangalore or back in Pune?), 599gtb, Quattroporte with Kreissieg exhaust, Blue R8 V10+, Blue LP640, Aston Martin Vanquish & Ferrari FF.
Not sure when GS will be getting delivery of his LP720-4 Anniversario.
Spotting an F12 Berlinetta would be the icing on the cake!
It is Vidhan Bhavan coz the Race Course ownership i.e lease renewal is still under process and to avoid complications has been shifted I guess.
IMO a good decision , atleast the event is confirmed unlike the recently concluded Sunburn which was in doubt until the 11th hour.

As for the cars - 599,430Scud,MC Stradale and Vanquish look doubtful to me
Though i'd be extremely happy if the Scuderia and MC turn up
///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 13:59   #8
BHPian

Cars will be displayed for just 2.5 hours which means there will be a hell lot of rush and it would be very difficult to click some good pictures, especially for those who don't have the media pass and would have to stand behind the barricades.
Old 12th December 2013, 14:17   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

There were rumors last year that in 2014 the entry membership fee was going to be waived off for supercar owners. I believe it was 25,000 or so.

Whats the deal to enter this year?
Old 12th December 2013, 14:23   #10
BHPian

Because of ownership/lease issues with the State Government and the RWITC, the venue has shifted from the Mahalaxmi Race Course to the Vidhan Bhavan Parking Lot.

While this is a shame that it is now only a one-day event, it means even more BHP squeezed into a tighter than normal space, so should be great fun.

It his highly unlikely the 430 Scuderia will feature, or even AP's Aventador as the car is most likely to be in Pune around the time. GS has purchased the 720-4 50th Anniversario for his London garage as per my information and might bring it down on Carnet for the show. That along with the F12 (?) might just be showstoppers.
Taronish_E is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 14:34   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
There were rumors last year that in 2014 the entry membership fee was going to be waived off for supercar owners. I believe it was 25,000 or so.

Whats the deal to enter this year?
The SCC BHP handle would be the perfect to answer this question.
Or you could get in touch with SCC (thats me blindly assuming you want to enter with the RS )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
Because of ownership/lease issues with the State Government and the RWITC, the venue has shifted from the Mahalaxmi Race Course to the Vidhan Bhavan Parking Lot.

While this is a shame that it is now only a one-day event, it means even more BHP squeezed into a tighter than normal space, so should be great fun.

It his highly unlikely the 430 Scuderia will feature, or even AP's Aventador as the car is most likely to be in Pune around the time. GS has purchased the 720-4 50th Anniversario for his London garage as per my information and might bring it down on Carnet for the show. That along with the F12 (?) might just be showstoppers.
sure enough the event will be fun, the Chrome SE,Phantom,CFS',a couple of 430's and Gallardos are sure to come from Pune while a couple of surprises could be expected in the form of FF/F12,GTR,700-4,360 (or all of them )

All in all, should be a crazy event!
Old 12th December 2013, 14:36   #12
BHPian

Sincerely hope the crowd will be smaller. Last 2 years have been crazy, with idiots coming out of car windows to click photos.
Old 12th December 2013, 14:44   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Sincerely hope the crowd will be smaller. Last 2 years have been crazy, with idiots coming out of car windows to click photos.
I would like to rephrase that as '" hope the number of window-hanging idiots is smaller than last two years" 'coz the overall turnout is going to increase every year without a fraction of doubt.
///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 16:13   #14
BHPian

I had visited the last year and it was one hell of an experience for me.Met a lot of Tbhpians and saw all the lovely cars that were on display.But I don't think this time there will be any crowd puller like the Aventador Roadster or the Y2k Bike from the last year show.Hopefully i will be visiting this year as well but i guess the stand won't be the best place this time because 2-3 hours is too short for everyone to come and oogle at those cars.

Last edited by GTO : 13th December 2013 at 13:15. Reason: No SMS language please
Old 27th December 2013, 08:38   #15
BHPian

Re: Parx SCI Supercar Show, 2014! Venue and Details

I plan to visit the 2014 SCI supercar show, does one need any kind of passes or tickets to see the line up of cars at the Vidhan Bhawan parking lot or is it open to all??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks