Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2006, 22:21   #1
BHPian

Chrysler 300C anyone?

Anyone spot one of these 340 HP behemoths on Indian roads?
epijay
Old 2nd July 2006, 23:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

It might just be possible now that they are being made available in the UK with RHD. But I dont think anyone will want to import one, since one can get a 3 series or a C class for similar money, and much more depth of engineering.
Old 3rd July 2006, 01:55   #3
BHPian

good reply

In the US, however, these cars have features usually found in higher priced models.. they have a mercedes transmissiion, 5.7 L powerhouse etc etc. Reason I ask is because i have one right now, planning to move to India and wonder if I should have it shipped there. Maintainence requires tweaking of 4 onboard computers and a whole host of other such finicky things..If any 300Cs had been sighted in India, it would make it easy to contact the owners and get a handle on maintainence issues..
Old 3rd July 2006, 08:26   #4
Team-BHP Support

It uses W201 components esp diesels.

You will find a roadblock becuase of LHD. RHD diesels available but totally booked out so I understand. I think it is a great car, may not be advanced like a 5 series but it makes up in character!
Old 3rd July 2006, 17:39   #5
BHPian

roadblock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
It uses W201 components esp diesels.

You will find a roadblock becuase of LHD. RHD diesels available but totally booked out so I understand. I think it is a great car, may not be advanced like a 5 series but it makes up in character!
Ajmat, can you explain the RHD/LHD phenomenon? Are LHD cars not allowed on Indian roads?

Jay
Old 3rd July 2006, 22:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epijay
Ajmat, can you explain the RHD/LHD phenomenon? Are LHD cars not allowed on Indian roads?

Jay
Yes they are not, you can get it converted and since the 300 C is available in RHD in UK, you can first ship it there, get it converted and bring it into india. The conversion costs about 20 k USD, but thats when they have to make the parts, but here, they are just switching the steering rack and the parts are already available freely. So it wouldnt cost 20k, but it still would be 10-15k if not more..

300C is a great car to bring since it has presence, but i would consider bringing a SRT-8 instead..
Old 3rd July 2006, 23:29   #7
BHPian

go for the SRT8 version at 6.1L HEMI
Old 4th July 2006, 05:21   #8
BHPian

hmm thanks

Thanks guys. Its not worth the time nor effort to have the car converted.. ah well - se la vie!

jay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks