Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2014, 23:38   #1

Imported Car: How to check if duty is paid?

How to check whether a import car registered in India is duty paid or not?
sarshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 09:23   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Imported Car: How to check if duty is paid?

There is a receipt form that the customs gives after duty has been paid. It clearly mentions the amount if duty paid, date of import, car details etc

This document is compulsorily required by the RTO for registration if a CBU vehicle.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 11:58   #3
BHPian

re: Imported Car: How to check if duty is paid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
There is a receipt form that the customs gives after duty has been paid. It clearly mentions the amount if duty paid, date of import, car details etc

This document is compulsorily required by the RTO for registration if a CBU vehicle.
Bill of Entry (BOE) is the document you must be talking about. BOE contains the value of the vehicle and the duty paid on it. You could also refer to the TR6 challan to re affirm the duty paid amount.
doctorque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 17:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Imported Car: How to check if duty is paid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

For all CBUs like your RS, does Audi provide you with the customs receipt. I think Honda and Suzuki have both refused to provide the duty they paid on the Hayabusa and CBRs to the customers. I assume similar is the case with all CBU cars including the Suzuki kizashi, Grand Vitara, C63, M3 and the likes.
Old 12th April 2014, 10:52   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Imported Car: How to check if duty is paid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
For all CBUs like your RS, does Audi provide you with the customs receipt. I think Honda and Suzuki have both refused to provide the duty they paid on the Hayabusa and CBRs to the customers. I assume similar is the case with all CBU cars including the Suzuki kizashi, Grand Vitara, C63, M3 and the likes.
Yes they readily provided the receipt which clearly mentioned the amount paid in rupee value. This was a mandatory requirement by the RTO to complete the CBU registration process.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks