Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 09:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Ferrari divorces Indian dealership & importer, Shreyans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Now what will happen to the cars stuck at the customs? Will Ferrari release them or will they rot there for ever!!
IMO, there isn't much that Ferrari could do at this stage. Reason being, the way they chose to do business here in India was through a dealer/importer. The dealer orders car for stock/customer (for which the production information is made available to dealer before hand) from Ferrari after which the manufacturer according to the production slot produces and ships the car (or air lifts).

Once the car lands here, the job of the manufacturer is over and its up to the dealer/importer to release the car.

Ferrari is in this situation in India today, only because they did not choose to go the Lamborghini way.
Old 13th April 2014, 20:34   #17
BHPian

Below will answer some of the questions posted to Shreyans by ET but looks like ET has not published it accordingly!

Quote:
1. Mr. Gautam Singhania recently went out and show cased his anger against you and Shreyans. To what extent are his allegations true and how will you respond to it?

The background to this entire tirade is Mr. Singhania not being able to attend the preview of Ferrari’s limited edition hyper car, LaFerrari, in Italy in January 2013.

The entire process for a special car such as LaFerrari at Ferrari is very tightly controlled by Ferrari senior management and we as importers have limited input on the same subject other than recommending list of prospects with details as are required by the factory including but not limited to: At least 5 new Ferrari bought; of which 1 bought in the last 2 years; therefore 5+ cars currently owned (as recorded in the factory’s CRM) plus FXX and 599XX owners, etc.

We have documented evidence that he was one of the 6 names we proposed for LaFerrari preview but the factory allocated only 1 spot for India to be filtered based on criteria set by the factory. Given the same, another client from India, who met the criteriasuperceeded any other individual in India to qualify for this invite was invited and subsequently attended the preview. Mr. Singhania perceived his absence from such a prestigious event as a setback to his image of a car enthusiast and he wrote us emails threatening to ruin our reputation, put us out of business etc.

Ever since, Mr. Singhania has made it his personal vendetta without any basis.

He has misled the press and the luxury car buyer’s community to believe he has been our customer and we have not given him good service. Mr. Singhania has never bought any product from us but seems to be on a mission to malign us. In fact, we serviced his Ferrari and our still waiting on our service bills to be paid.

We have been professional and courteous throughout this period, never reacting to his name calling or false accusations considering good sense will prevail eventually but it seems not.

His other accusations about our previous associations with VW Group (Audi/Porsche) are baseless, in both instances we have been fully correct. The Supreme Court of India has given a stay in our favor while the order is being violated by Porsche/VW and further the trial court has on-going investigation against Porsche chief executive and others, where the court has taken cognizance against Porsche under the following sections and order police to proceed with the matter:
418- Cheating with knowledge that wrongful loss may ensue to person whose interest offender is bound to protect
419 - Punishment for cheating by personation
420 - Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property
406 - Punishment for criminal breach of trust
120B - 120 - Concealing design to commit offence punishable with imprisonment, 120B - Punishment of criminal conspiracy

While, he accuses us of being booked for criminal breach of trust: please note it was an act of mischief orchestrated by people with vested interests and Mr. Chordia has not received any conviction but was only investigated and the court gave him a clean sheet.

Since 2003, we have built luxury in India to everyone's envy, in fact we even helped create the Super Car Club of India being run by Mr. Singhania but we don’t try to get unnecessary acknowledgements for such things.

Due to being cheated by VW Group, our business may have been surrounded by issues not attributable to us but however, contrary to Mr. Singhania's belief we will retain our pole position of the Indian luxury market and continue to operate with the highest ethics.

2. He also poked fun at you, specifically taking it to your last name. Your reaction to it?

Frankly, his behavior has not been worthy of a response. It is like a child who claims he was denied a toy and will do anything to get attention or for vengeance. Social media allows everyone to express their opinion, whether it has substance or not, and we prefer engaging with people who add value to our business.

We certainly expected better from the MD of such a reputed corporate house and have consciously avoided getting into a public spat into him, as it serves no purpose.

3. There have been other potential owners of Ferrari complaining that their delivery has been stalled, but the cars have been in India for long now. Is it true? If yes, why so?

Ferrari globally works on a waiting list management system, i.e. even in mature markets the average waiting time is anywhere between 12-24 months.

Most of these potential owners are either friends of Mr. Singhania being provoked by him who may not even booked a car with us or they have not met all the conditions of the sales contract. We are aware of cases where Mr. Singhania has personally urged people to not buy a car from them, yet they are happy customers of Ferrari today.

The few genuine cases where there has been a delay, we have kept the customers duly informed.

4. Is it also true that there were only two or three Ferrari cars delivered last financial year in India?

Again, this is a part of rumor campaign which seems to be run by people with vested interests against us. We cannot disclose exact numbers but deliveries last year were certainly in double digits.

5. How does Ferrari react to all these allegations against the inefficient delivery?

All our customers completely understand that these cars are fully customized and there can be a delay basis the options a customer has chosen.

A Ferrari is a dream come true and obviously our customers are eager to get theirs as soon as possible, but there can be delays due to reasons which are beyond our control.
Sportygellar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 10:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportygellar View Post
Below will answer some of the questions posted to Shreyans by ET but looks like ET has not published it accordingly!
Can you please post the link of this particular article? Somehow googles not able to find this one for me.
Old 14th April 2014, 12:38   #19
Team-BHP Support

Just an observation, the answers centre around GS. What about the other folks who have cars rotting in the customs
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 15:54   #20
BHPian

ok - i understand that GS has personally been against Shreyans because of the LaFerrari event and thats the reason ferrrari is directly coming to india

but any explanations why Audi, Porsche and ducati too have terminated all relationship with this guy??
Old 15th April 2014, 16:00   #21
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Other than the LaFerrari and personal vendetta part, rest all seems wrong, maybe even including the LaFerrari part.
Ferrari never delivered 'double digit' sales figures last year, and I am entirely sure about this.
And no, not all customers understand the delay in delivery part. From what I've known, one, they do not keep the customer's properly posted, they make the customer look as though they've asked them for a favor by buying a Ferrari and second, they are known to deliver the car with the wrong spec, the Delhi Cali is one example which was delivered with the wrong rims and wrong interior scheme. While some have been lucky to get the spec they had asked for, there are a few with the wrong spec too, which isnt really acceptable for such a marquee.

Last edited by A.K : 15th April 2014 at 16:12.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 16:54   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
ok - i understand that GS has personally been against Shreyans because of the LaFerrari event and thats the reason ferrrari is directly coming to india

but any explanations why Audi, Porsche and ducati too have terminated all relationship with this guy??
He hasn't lost the Ferrari dealership just because of GS. There are many more who have been extremely unhappy with his service.

He did the same things with Audi, Porsche and Ducati. Took peoples money, delayed the delivery (sometimes never delivered), gave wrong spec of cars with options not asked for by customers.

When he had Audi a friend of mine was made to wait 7 months for an A4 3.2. Another friend who bought a Porsche Panamera Turbo has not been able to register the car since the engine number doesn't match the chassis number on the documents given.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 19:22   #23
BHPian

Good to see that Ferrari has finally removed him as the official dealer.

A friend's friend ordered a Ducati from the Mumbai dealership, paid quite a lot of money (about 40%) 9 months back, and the bike is nowhere to be seen. I really wonder where the money goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
ok - i understand that GS has personally been against Shreyans because of the LaFerrari event
If you know you're clearly not eligible, why make a fuss. Isn't this childish ?

Last edited by Rosso Corsa : 15th April 2014 at 19:26.
Rosso Corsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 20:41   #24
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Good to see that Ferrari has finally removed him as the official dealer.

A friend's friend ordered a Ducati from the Mumbai dealership, paid quite a lot of money (about 40%) 9 months back, and the bike is nowhere to be seen. I really wonder where the money goes.

If you know you're clearly not eligible, why make a fuss. Isn't this childish ?
The money is surely into AC's pocket

And being the owner of a 458 Challenge and half dozen Ferraris, GS was clearly eligible I guess. Atleast in comparison to a certain one of the two sent from India. And I suppose GS was invited by his European dealer coz I remeber he attended the pre view, albeit a little late.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 01:55   #25

There is so much BS being posted and far more speculation by people who really do not matter in the ferrari india space.(who ever the ownership of Ferrari india may finally wrest with)…. it well could continue with AC or you never know become a subsidiary of raymonds. (i mean this in a very light hearted way)

AC has not delivered on many fronts and HAS delivered on as many.

This is not abt GS vs AC.

There is obviously a disconnect between ferrari and its dealer.

This LF event BS is all speculation.
Ferrari had certain criteria abt the LF allocation and no one in india besides the person who went to factory fit that. It is obviously others didnt fit it.
There is no need for anyone to get into a slinging match based on that.

The important thing is the clients of ferrari in india are eventually taken care of and deliveries are done as scheduled.
Warranties are honoured and enthusiasts see the cars on the road.

I know many (incl moderators on here)may question my intimate knowledge of this matter.
trust me i am man of few words and when i do say them its with conviction.
CT Goa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 14:48   #26
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Goa View Post
There is so much BS being posted and far more speculation by people who really do not matter in the ferrari india space.(who ever the ownership of Ferrari india may finally wrest with)…. it well could continue with AC or you never know become a subsidiary of raymonds. (i mean this in a very light hearted way)

AC has not delivered on many fronts and HAS delivered on as many.

This is not abt GS vs AC.

There is obviously a disconnect between ferrari and its dealer.

This LF event BS is all speculation.
Ferrari had certain criteria abt the LF allocation and no one in india besides the person who went to factory fit that. It is obviously others didnt fit it.
There is no need for anyone to get into a slinging match based on that.

The important thing is the clients of ferrari in india are eventually taken care of and deliveries are done as scheduled.
Warranties are honoured and enthusiasts see the cars on the road.

I know many (incl moderators on here)may question my intimate knowledge of this matter.
trust me i am man of few words and when i do say them its with conviction.
Given who you are, I doubt anyone would question your intimate knowledge on this matter. I dont think there would be anyone else on this forum who would know things better than you on this matter.
Thank you for posting here.
And oh, if you do not mind answering, what is the status of your F12 and the LaF of course!?
Old 16th April 2014, 16:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Given who you are, I doubt anyone would question your intimate knowledge on this matter. I dont think there would be anyone else on this forum who would know things better than you on this matter.
Thank you for posting here.
And oh, if you do not mind answering, what is the status of your F12 and the LaF of course!?
I dont think you should be so sure about some other peoples knowledge on the on goings at Ferrari or other business's. There is a lot that some people know, but choose not to speak (or blog about) due to various reasons that i wouldnt like to get into.

Everyone who feels they know exactly whats happening in this case, only have incomplete information.
doctorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 20:53   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
I dont think you should be so sure about some other peoples knowledge on the on goings at Ferrari or other business's. There is a lot that some people know, but choose not to speak (or blog about) due to various reasons that i wouldnt like to get into.

Everyone who feels they know exactly whats happening in this case, only have incomplete information.
If that was pointed at me then you have completely misread and not understood my post.

this thread is not about bashing AC.
thats where its heading IMO.

The main and only issue here is how do ferrari clients(current and future) get taken care of.
On time deliveries ….warranty back-up….service!!!

everything and everyone else are really secondary in this case.
Old 16th April 2014, 21:26   #29
BANNED

Quote:

The main and only issue here is how do ferrari clients(current and future) get taken care of.

Forgive me, but isn't AC the reason that Ferrari is not having On-time deliveries, warrant backup, nor service?

Wonder what personal vendetta or bashing caused AC to act similarly with Ducati? Did GS have something to do with that as well?

Is that the reason that 90 Ducatis have been rotting in Tughlakbad port for over a year?

A spade should be called a spade. A chor A Chordia.

Cheers
Old 17th April 2014, 11:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
If that was pointed at me then you have completely misread and not understood my post.

I will never ever ever be bashing about AC, and if anyone feels so, i would like to clarify that i will never do it.

Yes the reason i am connected to the thread is for the people (customers) who are affected by whats going on between the dealer and the manufacturer. Quite a few of these people are well known to me.

Kindly do not think otherwise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks