Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2014, 15:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Ferrari divorces Indian dealership & importer, Shreyans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post

If you know you're clearly not eligible, why make a fuss. Isn't this childish ?
That's again a different story. being childish/egoistic is usually the same thing.

also my question was with sarcasm all sprayed over it. like "chalo humne maana ki GS ne isiliye halla machaya - baaki ka kya??"

on a serious note - even i am struggling with my ducati's warranty issues. the people here are not responding at all from past one year plus - with initial promises of getting back to me with the correct information (which obviously they haven't yet) and then not receiving calls altogether.

@doctorque - any leads where I can approach?
Old 17th April 2014, 15:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post

@doctorque - any leads where I can approach?

Give me a day or two, i will see what i can do. Also, you should have contacted me earlier itself.

Also, the thing about 90 Ducatis in customs since a year must be quite unnerving as a buyer. Has anyone clicked those or seen those bikes present there.
Old 26th April 2014, 16:35   #33
BHPian

Curtains for Ferrari in India(pun intended) for the time being.

Ferrari divorces Indian dealership & importer, Shreyans-imageuploadedbyteambhp1398510335.786021.jpg
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 20:35   #34
BHPian

So Sad to see Ferrari is no more in my country now.
I was so happy the day the dealership was opened in india.
I sent the dealership inaguration pictures to all my mates and to our Ferrari brand manager stating now we too have Ferrari in india and in future they will expand thier dealerships across india.
Old 26th April 2014, 20:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

The same folks were terminated by Porsche some time back. They are totally without scruples and only have left the customers in lurch but also vendors with unpaid bills. People have taken them to the high court and won cases but to no avail. the assets of the companies had been stripped long before the court verdict was delivered. Such people have given India and Indian business a bd name. I hope the law finally catches up with them and metes out exemplary punishment. People like them( M/ S Chordia) should be locked up for good. They operated the Porsche operations under the name of Precision Cars.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 26th April 2014 at 20:58.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 21:14   #36
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Curtains for Ferrari in India(pun intended) for the time being.

Attachment 1234589
Quite a sad sight, but its happen for good.
Their lease contract expired on the last day of last month, such has been the state since then.

Till the new dealer comes up, how do the existing Ferrari owners get their exotica serviced? Third party garages are the only choice? Or has Ferrari made arrangements? (Being VERY optimistic on the last one though)

Last edited by A.K : 26th April 2014 at 21:16.
Old 28th April 2014, 11:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Quite a sad sight, but its happen for good.
Their lease contract expired on the last day of last month, such has been the state since then.

Till the new dealer comes up, how do the existing Ferrari owners get their exotica serviced? Third party garages are the only choice? Or has Ferrari made arrangements? (Being VERY optimistic on the last one though)
It is indeed a sad sight. I used to take this road, even if it meant going out of my way, just to get a glimpse at the beauties. When i took it again on Saturday, it was just sad to see the curtains drawn and i couldnt help but click a pic.

I sincerely hope Ferrari has made some arrangements for their customers.

Rohan
Old 28th April 2014, 16:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

I can confirm that we have not been contacted (so far) by any one from Ferrari. I will investigate further into this , but I too am apprehensive of driving my 458 now , as I fear that if any thing goes wrong , who will fix it for me ?
ecksreturns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 18:19   #39
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I can confirm that we have not been contacted (so far) by any one from Ferrari. I will investigate further into this , but I too am apprehensive of driving my 458 now , as I fear that if any thing goes wrong , who will fix it for me ?
That is a very crude behaviour by Ferrari I'ed say. India might be a small country but it doesnt mean Ferrari takes it for granted and cancels the license without updating or rather assuring its clients about steps being taken.
And I do not know how long will it take for a new dealer to come up and this period surely will be a difficult one for the customers. Not all customers are comfortable going to a third party garage to get their exotica done up, no matter how experienced the third party may be. Hell, even we do not give our Jag to any unauthorized garage. Ferrari should've made interim arrangements for service atleast if not for sales.
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 10:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do not worry Bhai..Ferrari is sending mails to all its customers in India regarding service and other contact information. They are also bringing down a few technicians to maintain the cars in India. There is also a technician who flies down from Malaysia to maintain a few Ferrari's and Maseratti's in India.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 23:15   #41

Quote:
So you would rather just look at your car and not drive it in case it breaks down? How about being optimistic… driving it and fingers crossed it won't break.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th May 2014 at 18:58. Reason: Post edited. Please avoid 'sms' language like "yr" and "abt" in posts on the forum. Thanks!
Old 6th May 2014, 12:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Goa View Post
So you would rather just look at yr car and not drive it in case it breaks down…. how abt being optimistic ….driving it and fingers crossed it won't break.
Apprehension does not equal to procrastination . I do drive it from time to time , but the larger issue that needs to be addressed is the presence of the after sales service , which I am sure Ferrari is working on.
ecksreturns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 22:48   #43
PPS
Senior - BHPian

There was never any showroom in Mumbai, not sure what the ET Now folks are referring to! Maybe its the Shreyans office at Poonam Chambers, Worli.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ealer/38462929
Old 18th August 2014, 00:19   #44
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Tweet by Gautam Singhania.

Name:  ferr.png
Views: 1730
Size:  78.3 KB
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 09:09   #45
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

IIRC Yadur Kapur was already in the race for a Ferrari dealership but Ferrari chose Shreyans over him back then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks