Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2014, 14:41   #31
BHPian

Re: Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!

From the topic, can someone throw some light on what sort of duties & taxes would be involved to import a used vehicle to India?
Old 9th May 2014, 14:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

WOW!! This is some serious insight into the export import trade. But does this include only the legally imported cars? We know that many politicians/ celebrities bank on the underworld market to import their exotics at a highly discounted price.

Here's an account of the modus operandi of one of the largest illegal car racket cases that's been going on in India for close to two decades:

Quote:
The operation was quite sophisticated. Joseph would identify a poor migrant who wanted to return home. He would then offer to buy the man a ticket and arrange his transfer of residence certificate. For this he would borrow the man’s passport and other documents and take his photographs. With these documents, he would open a bank account in the name of the person (the returning migrant), pick up the chequebook and use it to pay for the car or to pay for a bank draft to pay for the car. This removed all trace of Joseph from the deal. In this manner some 450 bank accounts were opened, most of them used for just a single transaction.
Click here to Read full article
Old 9th May 2014, 15:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
The blue one was a private import AFAIK, not an import by Porsche India.
And there is also a new M3, CLA and GLA in the country along with two ML63s for homologation purposes.
The M3 has gone back. Was here for a very short time.

More ML63s have come into the country, most likely inventory cars to be sold after the launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Dont miss the vintages.Did anybody see the 1968 Aston imported recently? I guess thats the DB6 in Chennai.
Please check my post in the Vintage car section's thread about pre-1950 imports. You'll find a detailed list

Last edited by Rosso Corsa : 9th May 2014 at 15:20.
Old 9th May 2014, 15:32   #34
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
The M3 has gone back. Was here for a very short time.

More ML63s have come into the country, most likely inventory cars to be sold after the launch.
The ML63 and G63 have come in in dozens! And contrary to what someone said earlier, there is a 991 Turbo too in the country. I remember someone saying that only the S was available in India.

And even found Honda and Nano prototypes worth 1cr and 3cr() respectively.
Attaching screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!-screenshot_1.png  

Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!-screenshot_2.png  

Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!-screenshot_3.png  

Last edited by A.K : 9th May 2014 at 16:00.
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 15:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:
And even found Honda and Nano prototypes worth 1cr and 3cr respectively.
Attaching screenshots
1cr is possible since prototypes are hand built. But 3cr for a Tata made me go crazy laughing!
Rosso Corsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 16:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's not just the supercars. I found a few interesting stuff imported by our manufacturers:

Skoda:
SKODA RAPID/VIN:TMBBLBNA0BG010003/CANDY WHITE/77KW/ENGINE NO:CWX00109/DIESEL/1499CCM/2013/(NCV)(FOR TESTING PURPOSE)

[PROTOTYPE MODEL FOR R&D]SKODA CAR RAPID ELEGANCE 90/7AG 1.4 TSI 1395CC[PETROL]MODEL: SK251,VIN NO.TMBBT6NH0D4027344,ENG

VW
1.5L Diesel engine MT and AT:

VOLKSWAGEN VENTO/VIN:WVWL12609DT026601/REFLEX SILVER/77KW/ENGINE.NO:CWX0000202/DIESEL/1499CCM/2013(NCV)(TESTING PURPO

VOLKSWAGEN VENTO,VIN NO. WVWZZZ60ZFWP00001, CANDY WHITE,AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION,ENGINE NO.CWX0000225,1499CC,DIESEL,(NCV)(
This could mean one and only one thing! VW plans to mate the 1.5L Diesel to a 6-speed DSG. And if that happens. We will finally have a worthy contender in the segment for a diesel automatic! Perhaps maybe a little late? Petrol vs Diesel differential is deteriorating now. Nevertheless it should be a really good move indeed.

This website can actually create a whole new crop of spies within the Indian automotive scene trying to snoop around and see what cars are manufacturers playing around and toying with for future releases. But yeah, superb resource for such data I must say. More avenues for BHP-ians to explore, share and discuss
n:CorE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 19:27   #37
BHPian

Great find!

Whats interesting for me is that even though the diesel in Rapid and Vento is downsized to 1.5l, the power has remained the same at 77kW!

Imported part prices are also easily available, for things like the new Octavia!
And unsurprisingly most things are imported from China! Only the badge seems to come from the czech republic!

http://https://www.zauba.com/import-skoda-hs-code.html

Also swift 1.6 , I want!

Last edited by Diesel_convert : 9th May 2014 at 19:41. Reason: new link
Old 9th May 2014, 21:45   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Theres a very fishy sounding 8 seater Honda Prototype from Japan as well. Mobilio is my guess, but 8 seater? O.o
///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 23:32   #39
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th May 2014 at 14:32.
pratap.pratu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th May 2014, 03:36   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a great website! Thanks for sharing!

Let's keep this thread active with our findings. Looks like the Delhi MB dealer has imported two full AMG kits with wheels. So if anyone spots a w222 S63AMG now it's probably a fake.

The price of the body kit was 4.5 lakhs and each rim 65k. All before duty. So I'm guessing a customer will be shelling out approx 16 lakhs for the entire conversion!
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2014, 09:12   #41
BHPian

2 more CLA45 AMGs have arrived! Looks like these could be for test drives/launch vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails
Data of Cars imported into India: Available online!-1399693316364.jpg  

Rosso Corsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2014, 20:47   #42
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This is a great website! Thanks for sharing!

Let's keep this thread active with our findings. Looks like the Delhi MB dealer has imported two full AMG kits with wheels. So if anyone spots a w222 S63AMG now it's probably a fake.

The price of the body kit was 4.5 lakhs and each rim 65k. All before duty. So I'm guessing a customer will be shelling out approx 16 lakhs for the entire conversion!
One AMG kit is already on a blue W222 launch edition.

And oh, yesterday I saw the Bangalore dealer had imported AMG glass, shelves, and other deco items a few days ago. And today I see that the dedicated AMG Center is ready! Time to pay a visit

Last edited by A.K : 10th May 2014 at 20:48.
Old 10th May 2014, 21:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One AMG kit is already on a blue W222 launch edition
AFAIK, the launch edition W222 S500 only came in White, Black and Diamond Silver.
Could you please share some pictures of the W222 S500 Launch Ed with the AMG kit on some appropriate thread. Would love to see it.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2014, 21:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Great website, but misuse of data aplenty. Hope it doesn't meet the same fate as Vaahan website.

Last edited by GTO : 11th May 2014 at 14:33. Reason: Typos
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 00:01   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
Answering the question based on my short experience of working in the export-import field. Experts please correct me if I'm wrong.

The customs duty calculation seems to be correct. As far as shipping costs and insurance goes, this is pre decided between the shipper and the importer, in this case it is a CIF shipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
We calculate customs duty using eximguru.com

Customs Duty is appx 64Lakhs. Total comes to Rs 98 Lakhs, Which would be ex showroom price I guess. Above that will it be dealer profit? Who pays the shipping costs and insurance while shipping? Are there any other pre registration govt charges? (other than octroi applicable in Mumbai)
Right!

Customs duty on cars is levied on CIF basis. With CVD, Cess etc., the landed cost of a car nears 300% of its CIF value.

So no need to fr our brains and think that the dealer/ importer makes abnormal profits. It's our government that profits the maximum.

Thinking of which, Ferrari or Lamborghini or Rolls Royce might be getting lower margins on their cars than what the Central Government gets when their products are imported into our country!

On top of it, there is the discriminatory road tax levied on imported vehicles by states. In Kerala a car costing 15L or more is taxed at 17% whereas the tax is 33% if it is an imported one. So if you add that also, 400% tax is levied. And if you want to buy that car, you have to suffer income tax at 30% plus surcharge & cess, so to get 400, you have to start with 600. All for a car which costs 100!

Customs duty is something that the Central government may freely decide upon, but I wonder why nobody takes the state governments to court over discriminatory taxation without providing any added benefit to the taxpayer.

Still worse, AFAIK the road tax is neither progressive nor is there any marginal relief provided and you are squeezed even further.

Honest people suffer, as tax cheats buy cars in the names of some NRI, and register them in low tax ststes or as taxis, and bribe their way out if stopped by MVD people or cops.

And the www.zauba.com website has been there for quite some time now. You may also get company & director data from the site.

Last edited by Yeldo : 11th May 2014 at 00:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks