Team-BHP - Pic : Aston Martin DBS in Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pic : Aston Martin DBS in Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/15197-pic-aston-martin-dbs-mumbai.html)

Check it out. It didn't look that well maintained, but it sounded like hell had been let loose. Saw it near CST station. I couldn't take a better pic as I was driving. Cheers!

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: Make sure you erase number plate before posting photos.
Please check rules to be followed when posting in Supercar Section HERE

EDIT: To Mod- Sorry 'bout that.

Not a DB5 but a DBS (early '70s model); still it's good to see the old thing on the road.

My heart more or less skipped a beat when I read the thread title. One out of the 898 beauties in Mumbai (!!)...I was shocked. However, the fact that it's a DBS doesn't make it any less shocking...very good find as there were only 787 (!) ever built. Not as special as the DB5, but cool enough for our Indian roads.

I remember seeing this a looong time back in Dadar. It resides in South Mumbai!

she is AMAZING!!!!!!! I LOVE her. wow... good job!

Is it the original 6 cylinder or a V8?

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
Is it the original 6 cylinder or a V8?

You can tell from the front
Twin headlights lights + chrome grille denote 6 cylinder, single lights + black grill means V8

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
You can tell from the front
Twin headlights lights + chrome grille denote 6 cylinder, single lights + black grill means V8

Yes Ajmat you are right about front part but even from rear you can make it out whether its a 6 cylinder or a V8.
This is a V8.
The straight 6 has louvers behind the 'C' Pillar but when the V8 was introduced the the louvers were missing near 'C' pillar and instead were placed under the rear window!!

Quote:

My heart more or less skipped a beat when I read the thread title.
You can say that again pal. LOL

Shan2nu

The Aston is actually a 4 Litre inline 6 with the wide angle twin cam "D" Type head. 1971/2 is the approximate year. 280-282 bhp is the approx. output. The car is not in the condition she deserves to be in and sadly isnt driven like she should be either.. oh well....

saw this aston today.made my day :-)
was driving so couldnt take pics

nice found dude,it looks good man.

that is one of the best cars in bombay! Class on another level. no lambo can compete with that. talking of supercars... why don't ppl buy the F430??? Now that car puts the Gallardo to SHAME!

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv2drv (Post 413797)
that is one of the best cars in bombay! Class on another level. no lambo can compete with that. talking of supercars... why don't ppl buy the F430??? Now that car puts the Gallardo to SHAME!

To me just the looks and lines of a Gallardo can can put most cars on road to shame.
And F430 cannot put a Gallardo to shame, its just your individual taste and linking.
Both are almost equally competent in their own right.

the car belongs to a textile family in south mumbai. the car used to take part for the vintage car exhibitions. know the guy who owns it. its an 8 cylinder monster of a car