Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2014, 23:08   #16
BHPian

re: LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4)

Here's a photo of GS with the Ferrari Boss, might be after getting the deal done,
Attached Thumbnails
LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4)-1503938_694204070615622_8693292734352975309_n.jpg  

Golf Pro is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 13:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Since you mentioned the name, Mr. Singania, was the only Indian living in India who attended the function and the picture was from the drive he had from there. But from the close source to him says that even though he is interested, he has not been confirmed the allotment of the same. As its said it's Ferrari who'll decide to which garage each of the limited number of LeFerrari has to go.
Mr.Singhania was not invited by the dealer for the Preview of the car. He went to the factory later during the lamborghini drive that they had. He was allotted a car but wanted to change the chassis no to his lucky no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
GS, as far as I know, didn't attend the private preview but did a factory visit later and checked out the LaFezza
Yes you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Pro View Post
Here's a photo of GS with the Ferrari Boss, might be after getting the deal done,
This is from the Ferrari run last week or a week before that. The car was booked last year and Ferrari had stopped production due to a faulty part, the June delivery was pushed forward.
Old 4th July 2014, 22:12   #18
A.K
Senior - BHPian

A pretty interesting thread you started there Shoaib:thumbup:
As someone mentioned earlier, the number seems to be based on the number of people invited to the preview, of which, from what I have been told, one got a car alotted. And the car will remain in his UK garage with almost no scope of it coming to India, although I hope he would get it down here. Hope you are listening CT Goa!

And as for GS, I did hear he got half a dozen supercars abroad but I am surprised to see the LaF in his garage. Any more pics of it?

Last edited by A.K : 4th July 2014 at 22:14.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 01:02   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarenracer View Post
@CT Goa there are 37 dealers in US, so the count comes out to around 3 per dealer, not unrealistic if think of it in that sense for a number of 120. ferrari chat has multiple users who are starting to get their delivery now and their lists are upto date with vin numbers allocated.
Thats an optimistic number for each dealer imo.
But you are probably right anyway.
How many Enzos were delivered to US customers?

There will be always be exceptions to the rule but general criteria set out for LF allocations was quite strict.

My understanding was that the first lot of preferred customers would be the multiple supercar car owners.
(Definition of super cars being 288, F40 etc etc etc).

Then i think came the client who had may have one super car and bought 5 or more NEW productions cars in the last 10 years.

Then the ones who don't have a super car but have bought 5 or more NEW production.

This was my understanding but it could all be bullshit TBH.

anyho!

IF they followed the above it wouldn't take long to exhaust the entire run of the LF.

Also the preview was not a guarantee of an allocation.
Unless you have signed your contract, put your serious deposit down, gone back to the factory and done your spec, then had a final spec sign off… its highly unlikely you are going to get your car in the near future.

I could put proper timelines for the above but will not want to do so in such a public forum.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th July 2014 at 12:39. Reason: Fixing some typos & shortforms. Please type in full words. Thanks!
CT Goa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 15:11   #20
BHPian

I've heard that first priority is given to former Ferrari owners who have the following - a 288 GTO, an F40, F50, an Enzo and any other Ferrari produced.

I have also heard that none of the cars can be bought second hand, must be bought from a Ferrari Authorized dealer or the factory itself. You must also have never put the car(s) up for sale or have them appraised and their value declared.

As GHS doesn't have all the above cars AFAIK he will qualify lower down the allotted list due to his close ties with Maranello when it comes to his 458 race car and the fact that he has an F430 abroad, another 458 Italia here and also his 348TB among others in garages the world over.

Does he have a LaFerrari on order? Probably yes. Will he ever bring it down to India? Maybe. Will India have THREE LaFerrari's? No.

What I can rest assured about is that sometime this year, or the next or maybe in ten Ferrari will re-enter the Indian market with a new dealer (after the shambles of their Delhi distributor, but that is for another thread) and let's hope that when they do, to attract the crowds and bring the 'wow' factor in their launch they convince the Indian owner of the LaF to bring the car down.

For now, all we can do is speculate and smile and hope there's one headed to our shores. Carnet or not, it would be amazing to see this thing.
Taronish_E is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 21:31   #21
BHPian

@ CT GOA from the same froum again got the last count of US spec ENZO was 132.
mclarenracer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 22:18   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarenracer View Post
@ CT GOA from the same froum again got the last count of US spec ENZO was 132.
thanks for the info.
on that basis we could see a similar number of LF go to the US.

thing to note tho is... economies of russia and china and middle east etc were almost non existent for this product at the time the enzo was made.
CT Goa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 00:00   #23
BHPian

Going by the imoort duties, taxes, registration for such an expensive car and then the LHD tax - Personally I don't think any LHD-only hypercar will ever make it to India.
Old 12th July 2014, 03:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
As GHS doesn't have all the above cars AFAIK he will qualify lower down the allotted list due to his close ties with Maranello when it comes to his 458 race car and the fact that he has an F430 abroad, another 458 Italia here and also his 348TB among others in garages the world over.
GHS has a 348 ts....

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th July 2014 at 10:19. Reason: Shortening quote
seedyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 16:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
GHS has a 348 ts....
No. It's a Ferrari 348TB. TB standing for Transverse-Berlinetta. The 348 TS is a targa-spider. Which looks something like this.

AFAIK, GS' car is a hardtop, with incorrect badging. Unless its secretly been a targa roof all this time in which case, my bad.
Attached Thumbnails
LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4)-ferrari348ts01.jpg  

Last edited by Taronish_E : 12th July 2014 at 16:53. Reason: Addition of a sentence.
Old 12th July 2014, 17:24   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
AFAIK, GS' car is a hardtop, with incorrect badging. Unless its secretly been a targa roof all this time in which case, my bad.
Look at the roof in the 5th picture of this post :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post2199570

Compare with 2nd last picture in this post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...html#post57757

Was just having a discussion about this with S2!! a few days back. The 348 targa top is so well integrated it is often overlooked!

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th July 2014 at 17:27.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 13:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
No. It's a Ferrari 348TB. TB standing for Transverse-Berlinetta. The 348 TS is a targa-spider. Which looks something like this.

I'm aware of what ts and tb indicate. I assume we all have seen this car in person, hence stated that from my observation.
Old 9th August 2014, 21:02   #28
BHPian

The Super car club has just received information that a La Ferrari is expected in India.....
Super Car Club is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 21:12   #29

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 19th August 2014 at 19:01.
ifightforuser31 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th August 2014, 23:16   #30
A.K
Senior - BHPian

LoL! Ferrari chooses the owner. So no neta here.
The car in the question will be on Carnet to India. I suppose it must be GS' car.

@Super Car Club: This is killing us. More on this please!

Last edited by GTO : 19th August 2014 at 19:02. Reason: Quoted post deleted

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks