Team-BHP - LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/152636-laferrari-india-yes-here-pics-page-4-a.html)

( Mods, I din't know where to post this, so I decided to create a new thread. Take it down if needed :) )

I was on another forum dedicated to Ferrari owners and enthusiasts when I came across a post by a user from the forum. The topic of the thread was the locations of all the future LaFerrari garages. His post contained some data from an Italian newspaper and his post was as follows :

Quote:

This number was also quoted in an Italian paper I read yesterday.
There should be 50 cars coming to Germany. Switzerland may get
a high allocation (maybe 20 cars?).

So the count for the moment is:
US 120
Germany 50
GB 50-60 ??
Italy 25
Switzerland 20-25??
Canada 11
India 3
Australia 7

So You have the allocation of about 300 cars in the main markets
without China and Mideast. My guess is the Mideast may get
some 30-40 cars (mainly UAE and Saudi Arabia). 5-10 cars for
Scandinavia may also be a good bet.

25 cars to Italy btw is a lot compared to their total market
share, which last year was less than 3 % of production, so they
should have allocated only 15 cars there. The 10 cars they get more
may have to do with home-market, Fiat and Ferrari family members
and a reserve for some delayed coming VIP'S
Can anyone shed some light on this ? If it's true, i'm sure the owners have garages abroad where they would eventually keep the LaFerraris. But 3 LaFerraris ? That's impressive I must say !

Hmph, they must've took the estimate based on the people who were invited for the private preview, I think. Three people from India did attend the preview and if I'm not mistaken only one of 'em has one on order, that too for his London garage.

Coming to if any will be coming to India, I'm hearing some very reassuring yeses from some very reliable sources. They swear one will surely end up in a certain Bombay garage.

Let's wait, only time will tell for sure :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 3468229)
Hmph, they must've took the estimate based on the people who were invited for the private preview, I think. Three people from India did attend the preview and if I'm not mistaken only one of 'em has one on order, that too for his London garage.

Coming to if any will be coming to India, I'm hearing some very reassuring yeses from some very reliable sources. They swear one will surely end up in a certain Bombay garage.

Let's wait, only time will tell for sure :)

I hope they will build one RHD in that case if that car has to come to Indian shores.
Then logically if they do 1 RHD then they can give that option to the UK HK, AUS japan..etc etc etc.. Its to gong to happen is it?

In any case i don't know the reliability of the info quoted in the fist post.
Japan is a big market which has failed to get mentioned and NO WAY are a 120 LFs going to the US.

obviously all the above is IMHO.

@CT Goa there are 37 dealers in US, so the count comes out to around 3 per dealer, not unrealistic if think of it in that sense for a number of 120. ferrari chat has multiple users who are starting to get their delivery now and their lists are upto date with vin numbers allocated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoaib3030 (Post 3468226)

Can anyone shed some light on this ? If it's true, i'm sure the owners have garages abroad where they would eventually keep the LaFerraris. But 3 LaFerraris ? That's impressive I must say !

I don't think this list refers to the nationality of the owners, instead it's the location of sale. Hence if there are 3 mentioned for India this means that these are the cars allotted to be shipped here. If an Indian is going to take delivery abroad it wouldn't be under the India allotment figures.

Perhaps Ratan Tata is getting one? He is known for his love for LHD cars and somehow manages to import them into the country legally #LikeAboss :D

Considering that the customs duties stand at approximately 175% at the moment and the price tag stands at a cool 1 plus million pound on the LaFerrari. The price here in India should work out to a quarter of a billion in INR, plus registration and insurance.

I personally feel that the 3 number is not happening. But again, thats only my personal estimate.

Does GS own a LaFerrari abroad? It appears so from this tweet.

LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4)-gs.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 3468229)
I'm hearing some very reassuring yeses from some very reliable sources. They swear one will surely end up in a certain Bombay garage.Let's wait, only time will tell for sure :)

I don't think so..the Bombay Garage person you mention would be keeping it abroad and would get it here, that is if he does on carnet.

@ PPS - Yes he does.

Only one non NRI Indian has attended the premier of La Ferrari, and the cars are allotted by by Ferrari by their internal decision, and even if he is getting one it would be to his abroad garage. Can't specify it'll be to London, as the allotment is made by Ferrari, if he is allotted with LHD, he would keep it in any other European garage.

I heard, from India, out from the 6 names which the dealer proposed, only one had the luck of attending the preview. I think that the 'at least 5 prancing horses rule' could get in the way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT Goa (Post 3468265)
I hope they will build one RHD in that case if that car has to come to Indian shores.
Then logically if they do 1 RHD then they can give that option to the UK HK, AUS japan..etc etc etc.. Its to gong to happen is it?

In any case i don't know the reliability of the info quoted in the fist post.
Japan is a big market which has failed to get mentioned and NO WAY are a 120 LFs going to the US.

obviously all the above is IMHO.

No, obviously it won't be built in RHD. Even the British-origin P1 isn't being made in RHD. Since the Veyron made an official debut in India and was permitted by the government to be registered here cos of the huge amount of tax the car generates, I was hoping the same applies to the LaFezza as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 3468641)
Does GS own a LaFerrari abroad? It appears so from this tweet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 3468649)
I don't think so..the Bombay Garage person you mention would be keeping it abroad and would get it here, that is if he does on carnet.

@ PPS - Yes he does.

Ohh..that ends it. That's who I was pointing to, if he already took delivery and is using it abroad, bringing it to India is plainly out of question unless of course for the next chapter of Parx :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 3468698)
Only one non NRI Indian has attended the premier of La Ferrari, and the cars are allotted by by Ferrari by their internal decision, and even if he is getting one it would be to his abroad garage. Can't specify it'll be to London, as the allotment is made by Ferrari, if he is allotted with LHD, he would keep it in any other European garage.

I wasn't talking about Non-Resident Indians, I meant people who were invited who live in India only, from which a couple of 'em have confirmed the car for their abroad residence.

EDIT:: From the pictures he tweeted, it seems Gautam's car has golden wheels. I don't think a lot many of them are out there. Any chance its the same in these pics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 3468469)
Perhaps Ratan Tata is getting one? He is known for his love for LHD cars ...

I'd guess no. It's just not his style at all (in more ways than one).

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 3468649)
...the Bombay Garage person you mention would be keeping it abroad and would get it here, that is if he does on carnet.

I don't think that any of us are objecting to that. Like Scorcher says, the next Parx supercar rally :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 3468748)
From the pictures he tweeted, it seems Gautam's car has golden wheels. I don't think a lot many of them are out there. Any chance its the same in these pics?

Well he tweeted 4 pictures (all with the same caption). In the screenshot above you can see there's a silver one too. However, the number "2" red car with gold wheels did appear twice, but still, who knows - though i dig the gold wheels.

LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4)-bqfeprncmaag_fu.jpglarge.jpg

LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4)-bqfepjcciaamq3p.jpglarge.jpg

LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4)-bqfeluyccaeam8m.jpglarge.jpg

LaFerrari in India? YES here it is! (Pics on Page 4)-bqfek5ecyaaybie.jpglarge.jpg

For those looking for more LaFerrari news, including this week's crash & a nice post of all the colours so far click here.

cya
R

PS - In pic #2 you can see that its Dilip Joshi of the Supercar Club who is taking the pic :)

I highly doubt that a LaFerrari would find a permanent garage in India but I'm inclined to believe that there will be more than one Indian owner though !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 3468748)

I wasn't talking about Non-Resident Indians, I meant people who were invited who live in India only, from which a couple of 'em have confirmed the car for their abroad residence.

EDIT:: From the pictures he tweeted, it seems Gautam's car has golden wheels. I don't think a lot many of them are out there. Any chance its the same in these pics?

Since you mentioned the name, Mr. Singania, was the only Indian living in India who attended the function and the picture was from the drive he had from there. But from the close source to him says that even though he is interested, he has not been confirmed the allotment of the same. As its said it's Ferrari who'll decide to which garage each of the limited number of LeFerrari has to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 3469123)
Since you mentioned the name, Mr. Singania, was the only Indian living in India who attended the function and the picture was from the drive he had from there. But from the close source to him says that even though he is interested, he has not been confirmed the allotment of the same. As its said it's Ferrari who'll decide to which garage each of the limited number of LeFerrari has to go.

I didn't mean the Ferrari Cavalcade, Hani.

We're talking about the LaFerrari special preview before the car was unveiled even. Three people from India had attended the event, one of whom has posted in this thread as well and two more from Bangalore and Pune.

GS, as far as I know, didn't attend the private preview but did a factory visit later and checked out the LaFezza :)