Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2014, 02:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Some questions for you!

Can you please co-relate your info with the post you have quoted?

The information source you have given in your post do not have any relation with the crash of Lamborghini in Delhi as one shows info of fake number plate and the other shows a scam related info. The 3rd link shows info about a company.

How are you so sure about the owner of the Audi to be the one owning this Lamborghini?

Please clear my doubts. I might be missing out something.

Thanks.
You seemed to have missed the news reports that have been posted about this incident. Both TOI and Firstpost mentioned the owner as the same person that aerohit has mentioned ie Abid Fateh M Khatri of FA constructions.
http://www.firstpost.com/india/delhi...e-1611859.html
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/38098557.cms
kaushik_s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 06:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Super-Cars & Exotic Imports Crashes in India

Guys, I think maybe and just maybe the Launch control was accidentally activated? I mean , once the car got into motion, it kept on accelerating into the wall. Wouldn't the immediate reaction by the driver be to stomp on the brakes?
Old 11th July 2014, 07:58   #48
BHPian

We all know what's happened here. What I want to know is how are they going to fix it?
Who's going to pay for the damages? Can the hotel be held responsible for the actions of its valet? Or does the owner have to pay up for the damages along side the insurance company? Anybody have any guess?
Old 11th July 2014, 08:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
The owner of this Lamborghini was once in trouble for using fake licence plate on his Audi.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/c...w/27741936.cms
This one takes the cake. Worth several hundreds (if not thousands) of crores, but didn't want to shell out the few lakhs needed to register the Audi?
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 08:38   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
We all know what's happened here. What I want to know is how are they going to fix it?
Who's going to pay for the damages? Can the hotel be held responsible for the actions of its valet? Or does the owner have to pay up for the damages along side the insurance company? Anybody have any guess?
Most valet ticket stubs clearly state that cars are driven and parked at owners risk.
Legally i don't think the hotel or the valet is responsible.

But its more than likely they will come to some sort of arrangement to avoid all the associated evils.
CT Goa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 09:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Guys, I think maybe and just maybe the Launch control was accidentally activated? I mean , once the car got into motion, it kept on accelerating into the wall. Wouldn't the immediate reaction by the driver be to stomp on the brakes?
While that being a possibility, what if his heel got stuck on the gas and under the brake pedal while trying to egress?

I'm not trying to add to the confusion, but something eerily similar happened to me recently when I tried to exit a friend's R8 V10 while wearing some hefty footwear. Thankfully, I'd put the car in N and for the onlookers I just seemed like a massive showoff, revving the car to the redline before getting out

NB: That day I wasn't planning on driving the car and hence was wearing a comfy large footwear. Since this incident I always wear more slender footwear if there is even the remotest possibility that I might need to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
If anyone had a clue about that the discussion wouldn't be three pages long, mate.

There are only so many ways a guy can stuff a car
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 09:48   #52
BHPian

That was some brutal acceleration there! Looks like the valet accidentally stepped on the gas as he had already brought the car carefully to the porch. And since reports say that he was returning the car, we can guess he'd already done the complete exercise before. Very bad luck for the valet and the owner. However, other than losing his job, there's only so much the poor valet can do. Will have to see if the hotel concedes to the owner's demand. That would be something.

I always avoid to handover even my humble Punto to the valet. These guys generally never share the strong sentiment we have towards our cars and scratches/nicks are easily passed off on a busy day. Strange that the owner decided to part with his exotic. If the hotel disagreed for self-parking, the owner could have easily put his foot down and insisted. The hotel wouldn't want a Lamborghini customer to turn away because of valet issues
Old 11th July 2014, 09:48   #53
Senior - BHPian

Here is a link with the video of the crash
http://jalopnik.com/this-is-what-a-3...ike-1603012707
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 10:58   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Some questions for you on Lamborghini!

Please clear my doubts. I might be missing out something.

Thanks.
If you do some search you will come to know more about the dark side.

Last edited by aerohit : 11th July 2014 at 10:59.
aerohit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 14:12   #55
BHPian

this reminds me of a facebook post where a biker took his hyosung 650 to workshop and the mechanic accidentally over revved the bike during the test ride. Of course, in our country mechanics don't even bother about taking a helmet / seat belts etc, and finally endup losing his life due to head injury over a crash during the test ride.

Bike was totaled and dealer raised his hand by taking no responsibility of the incident for both (mechanic & bike owner). last i remember the case was in consumer court.

by the way this surely give me a lesson for not to handover my car key to valet next time when i visit a hotel.
Old 11th July 2014, 14:20   #56
BHPian

This is what happened to the car
Driving a sports car is not a common man's job especially that of a valet guy who doesn't even know what sports car is and how notorious it can behave (for that matter even I also have not driven it in my life).
On seeing the video, I can say that the valet might not have intended to drive rash but sudden torque and power by driving it similar to normal cars took him by surprise and rest is history.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/w...ome-topstories
Old 11th July 2014, 15:20   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Also, the Gallardo has an incredibly tricky pedal arrangement, because of the car's wedge-like shape, the gas pedal is more-or-less bang in front of you (where the brake is supposed to go) and the brake pedal is slightly towards the left.
Man - that's the best explanation I've read in the thread!

When i read you post it reminded me of my experience in this thread

This is my post from last year, word-for-word:
I jumped into the white 550-2 first. I had a feeling I’d prefer this to the Superleggera. It had the perk of rear-wheel-drive despite having 20 less horsepower. The first thing I noticed was that the accelerator is right in the center of the foot-well where the brake should be. If you look at the Gallardo’s side profile you’ll notice that the front wheel intrudes into the foot-well space a fair bit. As a result, the pedals are squeezed into the remaining space on the left (notice where they are in relation to the steering column in the picture below). It’s tight in there!
Hotel Valet crashes Lamborghini Spyder in Delhi - CCTV footage inside-img_20130222_120723.jpg

Now, watch the video again. You can see that the driver/valet starts to exit the car at the 0:27 mark. The door opens and his head pops out, but then he gets back in the car immediately - and that's when it charges forward!

He probably got back on the wrong pedal?

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th July 2014 at 15:38.
Rehaan is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 15:59   #58
BHPian

After reading the TOI Delhi piece on the car it seems that the owner wasn't even present when this happened. That should be interesting and the insurance company will probably scrutinize it properly before paying for any damages.

As for the car itself, reading a 2cr repair figure is not surprising. The car seems to have suffered some chassis damage at the front and is sure to require a new hood, bumpers, headlights, OVRM, quarter panel, suspension bits and wheels before its safe for the road again.

Recently a Lamborghini Performante in Rosso Mars suffered a similar front end impact and is now up for sale on the website The Supercar Kids and the repair is quoted to be similarly pricey.

Which brings me back to my initial point. Please don't let the valet park your prized possessions. It is a headache, yes. It is a nuisance yes. But gives you peace of mind like nothing else. I know a particular person who always parks his own car even if it takes him an additional twenty minutes because then he can relax knowing full well nobody not authorized to can get anywhere near damaging his ride.
Taronish_E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 17:12   #59
BHPian

For the benefit of everyone here, I wish to tell you that the fine print saying 'The hotel is not responsible for any damages' holds absolutely no importance in the court of law. It is only written to discourage any legal action.

After a look at the footage, I would say that the driver and the people around were extremely lucky here. The raging bull could had seriously injured anyone or even killed anyone in its path. The valet could had seriously injured himself too. Now he has only minor injury and probably lost his job. He will get another. The owner of the car and the hotel will come to some settlement and the bill will be taken care by the insurance.
Tejas Ingle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 17:31   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

What a sad sight. Still unable to understand what just went wrong in that Lambo. Was the valet drunk? Since he had got the car from parking, it would be safe to assume that he got the basic hang of the car. To suddenly then go crazy on the pedal as if his pants were on fire doesn't make sense to me. For a second I thought he might have got some sort of seizure!

Some news articles mention that owner of the car was not the real owner and had indeed borrowed the car from a friend. God save that friendship now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks