Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2014, 18:49   #106
BHPian

Re: Hotel Valet crashes Lamborghini Spyder in Delhi - CCTV footage inside

Bulky footwear does make it tricky to drive the car smoothly. Used to have a hard time wearing snow boots and driving my car in New Jersey winters.

However, I don't think wearing bulky footwear would cause a major accident of this type.

This type of accident is usually caused by newbie or drunk drivers who don't react quickly enough when they realise they stepped on the accelerator instead of brakes. Thats why it is important for hotel valets to be experienced enough to handle all cars which come in. It would be cheaper for hotels to engage experienced valets instead of paying out for damages and losing prestige.
Old 16th July 2014, 20:58   #107
BHPian

Re: Hotel Valet crashes Lamborghini Spyder in Delhi - CCTV footage inside

On the topic of valet's and responsibilities of the hotel, a few years ago my wife had gone to Taj Coromandel Chennai for a conference. She used the valet to park her i10.

When she got the car back , the left portion of the rear bumper had ripped off and was hanging. They denied responsibility and claimed another vehicle (a goods auto) hit the parked car and none of their staff noticed

We didn't buy the story and a call to the hotel management at the right levels ensured that we got the manager to pay for a replacement bumper and painting. The manager who came to the workshop told me that this was coming out of the Valet's salary and not the hotel.
PraveenM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 23:28   #108
BHPian

Re: Super-Cars & Exotic Imports Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

Also, the Gallardo has an incredibly tricky pedal arrangement, because of the car's wedge-like shape, the gas pedal is more-or-less bang in front of you (where the brake is supposed to go) and the brake pedal is slightly towards the left. It takes a lot of time to get accustomed to those and if you're wearing a slightly heavy soled footwear, it only adds to the horror!
For a car that costs that kinda moolah and with a reputation for over engineering seems like a ridiculously implausible oversight. Shouldnt they be taking cognizance of the fact that the car cannot be modified for RHD use rather than risk such a placement.
vineshpikale is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks