Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2017, 22:16   #151
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lamborghini Huracán in India

Mulayam Singh Yadav's Son has bought a Huracan Spyder!

http://www.news18.com/news/auto/mula...y-1335856.html

Lamborghini Huracán in India-mulayam_son_car_story_647_011517114853.jpg

PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 08:38   #152
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Mulayam Singh Yadav's Son has bought a Huracan Spyder!
He also has a silver/grey Porsche Panamera afaik. This Huracan Spyder is the second Lamborghini in Uttar Pradesh (excluding the NCR region).
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 21:53   #153
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
He also has a silver/grey Porsche Panamera afaik. This Huracan Spyder is the second Lamborghini in Uttar Pradesh (excluding the NCR region).
Here are a few pictures of the same I found on Instagram. The Panamera is supposedly a turbo but I am unsure if it is one.
Also, that's quite an eccentric spec on the car I'd say. Love the blue interiors though. Lamborghini gurus, any idea what the interior color is called in Lambo say? And the exterior is Le Mans Blu I presume? Or Blu Cepheus?

PS :: The car was delivered more than a month ago. Caught the public eye only now all thanks to the media
Attached Images

Last edited by A.K : 17th January 2017 at 21:57.
A.K is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 09:02   #154
BHPian

'Tis the Le Mans Blu as the Blu Cepheus is a tad bit lighter.
#enzowho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:39   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huracan.lp580 View Post
You maybe right! Here's a quick overview of sportscars imported to India since Jan 2014 using data from zauba. Please not that I only included sportscars and not high performance sedans and SUVs. Looks like the Audi TT is the best seller overall, while the Huracan and 911 are tied at 37 each.
I have taken the liberty of updating this data, since I was interested in seeing the numbers for 2016. This import data has been picked up from Zauba, and is supposed to be from January 2014.

Just like BHPian huracan.lp580's post, I have not included high performance four seater sedans and SUVs in this list, but also added a couple of models that were missing.

Source

Lamborghini Huracán in India-sales.jpg

Observations:
  • The Audi TT & BMW Z4 are tied for the highest sales amongst sportscars.
  • The Lamborghini Huracán comes in second, but beats most of the others by a good margin!
  • The Mercedes SLK comes in at third.

Mods - I'm not sure if we want to make a new thread to track sportscar/supercar sales?

Cheers

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th January 2017 at 11:35. Reason: Clarifying the part about "LP580". Had me confused :D
Joxster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:50   #156
BHPian

Really surprised to not see a single Veyron/Koenigsegg/Pagani etc. in the list. Not sure about the reason because I am sure there are wealthy people in India who can easily afford one of these and ground clearance too cannot be an issue because similar cars (lambos, Ferraris etc.) are still being driven here
centaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 09:20   #157
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
I have taken the liberty of updating this data, since I was interested in seeing the numbers for 2016. This import data has been picked up from Zauba, and is supposed to be from January 2014.

Just like LP580, I have not included high performance four seater sedans and SUVs in this list, but also added a couple of models that were missing.

Source
This import data may or may not be true. If you see the chassis numbers, you will find many cars have been listed twice. This is because the chassis number is entered twice - once when the car is shifted to a bonded warehouse and second entry is when it clears the custom.

Only a few cars are shifted to the bonded warehouse (cases where duty has not been paid within the specified period) that is why only limited number of cars are listed twice, not necessarily all.

Also AFAIK as per Central Govt orders, no import/export data will be shown to public from Dec 2016 onwards.

Note from Mod: The Supercar Sales Figures discussion can continue in this dedicated thread :
LINK (List of Supercars imported to India (2014-2016))

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th January 2017 at 17:44. Reason: Adding link...
//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 13:50   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Really surprised to not see a single Veyron/Koenigsegg/Pagani etc. in the list. Not sure about the reason because I am sure there are wealthy people in India who can easily afford one of these and ground clearance too cannot be an issue because similar cars (lambos, Ferraris etc.) are still being driven here
There are a multitude of reasons you won't see those 3 brands here any time soon.

1. Where do you drive these cars? The best stretches in cities and highways aren't long enough for supercars with around 500-600 horsepower. What would I do with a K'egg and its 1300 BHP or the Veyron and 1001 BHP? Utterly senseless.

2. After-sales service. I can service my Bentley, Audi, Ferrari, Lambo, AM etc all at the authorized dealers. However, K'Egg, Pagani and Bugatti have no showrooms, let alone a proper after-sales network. And any cosmetic damage to these cars would be a nightmare to fix owing to the amount of CF and intricate designs invovled.

3. Taxes. You pay around 300% tax on these cars. Imagine paying so much more for the car and then you can't get it serviced or drive it around every weekend. Its like paying $400 million for a Faberge egg. Its completely useless, but looks good in the living room? Sorry, but Indians are more practical than that.

4. Homes aboard. Why would I bring my hypercar to India when better infrastructure (roads + dealerships + service network) exists in the Middle East/Europe/Americas. Many famous/rich people have homes abroad where they keep the best of their machines. The most famous collection from Pune used to have a Pagani/Koenigsegg with them in London. Not sure about today, but back in the day it was the case. And it makes more sense than to have them driving around in India.
Taronish_E is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 16:20   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
There are a multitude of reasons you won't see those 3 brands here any time soon.
1. Not having good roads and places to drive applies to all the cars including a lambo or a ferrari. Do you seriously think that in India (or for that matter the world over) these cars are purchased to test the limits or drive to the fullest potential? Absolutely not. They are more for exclusivity and the Oomph factor that comes with them

2. I am not sure of the service part because these cars sold even when they did not have any official presence in the country. Adding to it, the number of dealers/service centers they have all over the country would not even cross 5 at best.

Cosmetic damage to any of the cars in consideration (lambo, ferraris etc) for that matter would set you back by a huge sum. Infact, there is more scope for a cheaper "jugaad" in India which probably might look as good as the original.

3. Taxes. Again, the class of people who will actually buy these wouldnt be worried about taxes. Infact they will write off the depreciation as a loss and claim a rebate. Like I mentioned earlier, in India, these are just for vanity and not for being driven at full potential. They will probably take the car out once in a while, revv it hard in a crowded street to get max attention, drive back home through the traffic at a snail's pace and park it to call it a day.

4. Homes aboard. true but then there the exclusivity also is not as much as it would be in India anyway because you can find many of these there (in comparison to India of course)

I am not saying that we should see as many in numbers as a Ferrari or a Lambo, but maybe just 1 or 2 all over India was something that I was looking for in the list. nothing else

EDIT - In interest of not going OT, will stop it at this

Last edited by centaur : 25th January 2017 at 16:23.
centaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 15:37   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
At that price, the chances are they prefer to keep the car abroad. If they must, they bring the car in on carnet for a short period. The other issue is that when it comes to selling, it is difficult to see at a price reflecting reasonable usuage coupled with the vast duties paid

Last edited by ajmat : 3rd February 2017 at 12:54.
Old 3rd February 2017, 08:58   #161
Senior - BHPian

Possibly the Huracan (not sure), spotted in Mumbai yesterday near the Kalina area. Pardon the poor quality screen grabs from my car's front and rear dash cams.

Lamborghini Huracán in India-lambo1.png

Lamborghini Huracán in India-lambo2.png

Lamborghini Huracán in India-lambo3.png

Car was absolute delight just to watch and hear as it thundered down the road.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 09:15   #162
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this Raging Bull in Marine Drive few days back.
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini Huracán in India-img_8955.jpg  

Lamborghini Huracán in India-img_8953.jpg  

Lamborghini Huracán in India-img_8960.jpg  

Lamborghini Huracán in India-img_8961.jpg  

//M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 00:35   #163
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this Huracan exiting a detailing shop - not sure if it was there for detailing or a touch up. Wondering how they would have got it onto the road from the footpath.
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini Huracán in India-picsart_051112.33.27.jpg  

v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 17:11   #164
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Spotted this Huracan exiting a detailing shop - not sure if it was there for detailing or a touch up. Wondering how they would have got it onto the road from the footpath.
This particular LP 580 belongs to a BHPian if I am not mistaken.
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 10:38   #165
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Shaurya for sending this images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Prateek Yadav - the son of Mulayam Singh - has finally got rid of his 5 crore Lamborghini Huracan which can be seen listed on Bigboytoyz. He received a lot of criticism for buying the same.
Lamborghini Huracán in India-screenshot_20180825125253.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks