Team-BHP - Renault Twizy in India!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Renault Twizy in India! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/156127-renault-twizy-india.html)

Hand-on-heart, this has to be my favorite import into the country all year.

A Renault Twizy has arrived in India!

I know I'm getting a lil' ahead of myself here, but I've loved this car since it came out. It's a quirky lil' electric run-about, but car has character and that's what I love about it. Its got Lambo (Scissor) doors for cryin' out loud :D

Yes, it's got no windows and you're gonna get exhausted being exposed to the dust and heat, but I'll be grinning like an idiot if I'm behind the wheel of this one.

Hope I get to spot this sometime soon.

Coming back to the car, it's a French consulate car, I believe. Hope it gets sold locally a few years from now.

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 3547988)
Hand-on-heart, this has to be my favorite import into the country all year.

A Renault Twizy has arrived in India!

I know I'm getting a lil' ahead of myself here, but I've loved this car since it came out. It's a quirky lil' electric run-about, but car has character and that's what I love about it. Its got Lambo (Scissor) doors for cryin' out loud :D

Yes, it's got no windows and you're gonna get exhausted being exposed to the dust and heat, but I'll be grinning like an idiot if I'm behind the wheel of this one.

Hope I get to spot this sometime soon.

Coming back to the car, it's a French consulate car, I believe. Hope it gets sold locally a few years from now.

Source

Now thats a catch mate! Wonderful! Sincerely, I believe there are small time manufacturers in India who can come up with a similar design and provide a better motor at a fraction of the cost of this Twizy! Only if the government is serious about this sector and tones down the tax structure!

Man, that's a unique import! Appears that the French consulate has imported it. Super small & super cute. Trivia: Co-passenger sits behind the driver :D

Looking at its UK price, must admit that our homegrown E2O appears to offer significantly more car for the money (link). The E2O is a proper small car, the Twizy isn't.

Hope to catch it around Mumbai sometime.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-2012-a-3.html

Similar one from India. But not electric and has windows and looks weird.

KMPL made Kajah Kazwa before the launch of Toyota Qualis in India. Also KMPL Tiger before Tata Ace. Waiting to see Electric Creeper with better looks.

This is, with out a question, a very unique car. I have been seeing this car next to my apartment here in Netherlands and was very curious when I saw it for the first time. One key fact I noticed along with what is mentioned by Scorcher is that its not really protective while it rains. Water/Mud from tyres just get thrown into the cabin. I had seen the car parked with mud all over the side panels and back seat. With overloaded rain and watery roads I am eager to see how this is going to work out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 3541381)
Spotted a Renault Twizy in South Bombay today driven by a wealthy-looking gentleman. The car looked extremely tiny when standing beside a Santro taxi and seemed just about spacious for two passengers. Yes, the car had doors too!

I am not sure whether it had red plates or white but What a cool car it is!!clap:

Had spotted the same car last week. Couldn't click it though as I did not have my phone with me then. Great catch indeed!

Well there's a twizzy cargo model available and that can bring down the import bill if one wants to buy one in India

The credits go to Soham Sakalikar alongwith the above mentioned source for the pictures.
Mods please add the name as a source.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3548379)
Man, that's a unique import! Appears that the French consulate has imported it. Super small & super cute. Trivia: Co-passenger sits behind the driver :D

Looking at its UK price, must admit that our homegrown E2O appears to offer significantly more car for the money (link). The E2O is a proper small car, the Twizy isn't.

Hope to catch it around Mumbai sometime.

Ahem ahem not co-passenger just passenger ;)
Quirky little car but does not make sense for India as we have a lot of 'elements' so much so that even the world's cheapest car needed to have good AC. Its expensive too and not very practical.

Its a worthy car for the crowded roads in office rush hours with localization, windows and some practical design for India. Any idea on how many KMS it claims on single charge?

I dreamt of a Nano 2 seater to become a reality, which in some other post showed a 2 seater design with a lot of practicaility.

This is the same vehicle had seen on Marine Drive last Sunday. It had a lot of crowd around it, but I did manage to catch a glimpse of it.

Didn't recognize the model then, but later came to know about it.

No windows is a bit weird. Is it supposed to be left open when unattended?

I think it needs to get proper doors to make it a practical vehicle in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3548379)
Trivia: Co-passenger sits behind the driver :D

Here is another snap, but not from India.
It seats 2 ppl. The pic was taken couple of years back at Brussels at European motor show, yours truly sitting behind. :D I remember being barely comfortable there.

Can e really quantify this as a car.
It is more of a motorbike with rain protection cover over it.
I dont think it could pull the crowds in its current avatar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick.munish (Post 3550010)
Can e really quantify this as a car.
It is more of a motorbike with rain protection cover over it.
I dont think it could pull the crowds in its current avatar.

It's classified as a quadricycle.

Cute little thing, but almost 7 lakh Rs. without the battery?