Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 18:01   #16

Re: Ferrari, Maserati to re-enter India in 2015

Last I heard Navneet motors was getting Ferrari, at least in Mumbai. On a related note - Has Aston Martin shut shop in Mumbai, their service center at worli is gone.
Old 24th July 2015, 06:37   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Maserati Officially Returns To India, Will Open Three Dealerships This Year

Quote:
Maserati India will operate out of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India (FCAI), with three brand dealerships to open in the major hubs of New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore in the third quarter of 2015.

The dealerships will be operated by AMP Supercars Pvt. Ltd., Bagga Luxury Motorcars LLP and Jubilant Autoworks Pvt. Ltd., which will represent Maserati in the respective areas.

Each location will get dedicated Maserati service facilities, fully in line with Maserati global standards. In addition, all showroom and service personnel will be trained by authorized Maserati Trainers.

“Our re-entry into the Indian market is a commitment to our customers as there is a definitive demand for exclusive luxury products, including cars, in the market. By entering India, and other new markets around the world, we are able to grow by expansion,” said the newly appointed Head of Operations for India, Bojan Jankulovski, who has led Maserati’s expansion to five new markets in the Middle East and South East Asia in the past two years.

Maserati hasn’t announced specific sales targets for the Indian market, but Umberto Cini, Managing Director of Maserati Middle East, India and Africa, said the company will focus on exclusivity, “hence our goal in terms of annual sales in India will be in the two-digit range.”
Courtesy - carscoop
Old 24th July 2015, 12:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillios View Post
Try to somehow convince your father for the F12 man its worth it. When I went to Dubai I got a ride in it. V12 is always V12 there is no substitute. its a beast.
With the Indian weather and fuel conditions i would go with a V8 over a V12. The F12 is a superb car and sounds awesome, but abroad. By the time the decision is taken by Shivjeet can order the 488 GTB, which is also a beast by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masteryoda83 View Post
Last I heard Navneet motors was getting Ferrari, at least in Mumbai. On a related note - Has Aston Martin shut shop in Mumbai, their service center at worli is gone.
Navneet Motors has Ferrari and the bookings and deliveries of cars have also begun.

The location of the Maserati showroom in Mumbai is at the new Hotel coming up at the domestic airport. A real weird location if you ask me.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 14:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
With the Indian weather and fuel conditions i would go with a V8 over a V12. The F12 is a superb car and sounds awesome, but abroad. By the time the decision is taken by Shivjeet can order the 488 GTB, which is also a beast by itself.
You are right in a way as the 488 GtB is better as its a newer model but the V12 is V12 nothing beats the sound. I would disagree with you over argument on Fuel condition and weather as both are Ferrari only and V12 means less strain on engine and also it doesn't has Turbo which means extra heat.

Last edited by ampere : 26th July 2015 at 17:08. Reason: Fixed Quotes
Old 25th July 2015, 11:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
The location of the Maserati showroom in Mumbai is at the new Hotel coming up at the domestic airport. A real weird location if you ask me.
Speedy, would you happen to have any idea whether they have started taking bookings for the cars, or a timeline of when they might start?

I'm in the market to replace my V6 Jag XF, and it feels like Maserati is back just at the right time!
Old 25th July 2015, 12:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
Speedy, would you happen to have any idea whether they have started taking bookings for the cars, or a timeline of when they might start?

I'm in the market to replace my V6 Jag XF, and it feels like Maserati is back just at the right time!
A friend from the Maserati Mumbai sales team in fact is in Italy as i write this for training and should be back by tomorrow or day after. AFAIK they have started accepting orders and we can get further information on this in the next few days.

Cheers.
Old 26th July 2015, 12:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you are right in a way as the 488 GtB is better as its a newer model but the V12 is V12 nothing beats the sound. I would disagree with you over argument on Fuel condition and weather as both are Ferrari only and V12 means less strain on engine and also it doesn't has Turbo which means extra heat.
I agree a V12 is a V12..i never denied it, its just not meant for India's traffic conditions. If one wants to drive it in eco mode ( i think they have that), 6 cyl shut, then its fine. In The family we do have 3 V12's and the true potential can only be felt on the highway, on the other hand our V8s are a complete all round package. The turbo's do not heat up in any modern car, the turbo only kicks in after a certain rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
As Doctorque, he would have the perfect information after his friend returns from training.

Last edited by ampere : 26th July 2015 at 17:08. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 26th July 2015, 15:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I agree a V12 is a V12. I never denied it, its just not meant for India's traffic conditions. If one wants to drive it in eco mode ( i think they have that), 6 cyl shut, then its fine. In The family we do have 3 V12's and the true potential can only be felt on the highway, on the other hand our V8s are a complete all round package.
You do have very nice collection of cars. in the end V8 and V12 is all the matter of affordability.

Last edited by ampere : 26th July 2015 at 17:09. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 26th July 2015, 16:32   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The turbo's do not heat up in any modern car, the turbo only kicks in after a certain rpm.

You mean modern cars and engines have done away with this insane idea that you feed the exhaust gas into the turbo? Pretty cool, pardon the pun, but it is new to me.
Jeroen

Last edited by ampere : 26th July 2015 at 17:09. Reason: Quoted post formatted
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 12:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You do have very nice collection of cars. in the end V8 and V12 is all the matter of affordability.
For someone buying a ferrari, a few lakhs here and there does not make a difference. It comes down to usability everyday, where the V8's will always win. There is no point in bragging one has a V12 at his command, when they are driving with 6 cylinders most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
You mean modern cars and engines have done away with this insane idea that you feed the exhaust gas into the turbo? Pretty cool, pardon the pun, but it is new to me.
Jeroen
No Jeroen, the turbo does the same job, but the modern cars are more refined, one will not hear the whoosh sound, they have less and in some cases no turbo lags.
Old 27th July 2015, 12:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
For someone buying a ferrari, a few lakhs here and there does not make a difference. It comes down to usability everyday, where the V8's will always win. There is no point in bragging one has a V12 at his command, when they are driving with 6 cylinders most of the time.

Its not matter of lakhs but matter of crores and one can always put the manettino to race mode to have the 12 cylinders active at all times and brag about it. when you talk about V12 and that too Ferrari's v12 you can't compare with others cars V12. its the most refined V12 and can be used everyday.

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th July 2015 at 12:47. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
Old 27th July 2015, 12:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its not matter of lakhs but matter of crores and one can always put the manettino to race mode to have the 12 cylinders active at all times and brag about it. when you talk about V12 and that too Ferrari's v12 you can't compare with others cars V12. its the most refined V12 and can be used everyday.
The difference would be roughly 1 crore odd..Lakhs make a crore.

Please do tell me in the city where will one find the space to drive in sport mode all the time, at least in Bombay we could not find the space to drive the 458 or all three Lamborghini's in sport mode.

I can clearly see your a V12 person , so any reasoning is not going to think otherwise. So lets leave this at this, end of the day both of us are not buying the cars. The one who is let him decide what he wants in his garage.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 13:43   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No Jeroen, the turbo does the same job, but the modern cars are more refined, one will not hear the whoosh sound, they have less and in some cases no turbo lags.
No matter what the sound, even when your engine is idling the turbo is spinning. There is this perception that at some point the turbo kicks in. On just about any car/any engine the exhaust from the engine will go directly to the turbo. So the turbo is always fed (hot) exhaust gasses and is always spinning.

The temperature of the exhaust gasses is determined, by and large, by the loading of the engine. (not necessarily the RPM of the engine). How much heat is actually transferred to the turbo in terms of heating it up and how much is converted into actually pumping fresh air into the inlet is a function of the temperature of the exhaust gasses and the volume per time that passes through the turbo.

In basic functionionality, ie how a turbo works, there is really very little difference old versus new engines. It ahs a ll become a bit more precise and more sophisticated due to better materials, better production methods and the introduction of some electronics.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 20:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Maserati Delhi shuts down this week, Maserati Bangalore shut down earlier. Maserati Mumbai being the only functioning dealership as of now.

Is Maserati India looking to wrap up its operations soon due to the terrible market response it has received until now?
cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 21:36   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

They never came in with a proper serious business plan. We tried speaking to some people in Maserati India and they didnt seem to have a clear direction of what was really happening. They were taking instructions from someone sitting in Dubai.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks