Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2017, 14:59   #31
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari, Maserati to re-enter India in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
They never came in with a proper serious business plan. We tried speaking to some people in Maserati India and they didnt seem to have a clear direction of what was really happening. They were taking instructions from someone sitting in Dubai.

+1
Maserati Bengaluru told the media persons that they intend to sell 15 cars in Q4 2015 ( when they opened shop in BLR) and 75 in 2016.
Now I don't know if they made their Audi sales personnel write that media note, but it's just absurd. Absurdly funny too. Even funnier when they actually managed selling like 5-7 cars in like a year and registered three in their own name as test drive cars. Seemed really noob-y to be considering I haven't seen any other luxury car dealership in India registering cars in their name with white plates for test drive purposes. And these guys had not one, but three such cars.

Last edited by A.K : 10th March 2017 at 15:01.
Old 12th March 2017, 21:06   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ferrari, Maserati to re-enter India in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
+1
Seemed really noob-y to be considering I haven't seen any other luxury car dealership in India registering cars in their name with white plates for test drive purposes. And these guys had not one, but three such cars.
Well, Jubilant have deep pockets. I met them today durign the Q Drive. They are shifting to Chennai but will be keeping a small showroom + display car in ITC Gardenia
Old 12th March 2017, 21:22   #33
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Well, Jubilant have deep pockets. I met them today durign the Q Drive. They are shifting to Chennai but will be keeping a small showroom + display car in ITC Gardenia
Well, yes they do.
By "a small showroom + display car in ITC Gardenia" do you mean that they will have a small showroom in Chennai and a display in Gardenia or both showroom and display in Gardenia and a separate showroom in Chennai?
Also, I still have my doubts with regard to this since I did hear from a reliable birdie that Maserati India will wind up by the end of this year.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 23:17   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Yes, they have deep pockets but somewhere, a business plan has to start making sense.... Their Domino's business is also slowing and costs are starting to spiral (I read somewhere).
Old 21st March 2017, 19:32   #35
BHPian

Had an interesting experience with Maserati Mumbai. I can't afford one but even if I could, I wouldn't buy one.

A few months ago, the wife got some sort of invitation for a 'day with a Maserati' or some sort of thing, along with a card with a code on it. Even though she doesn't drive, she got super excited and gave it to me. So I go to the web link on the card and enter the code and my details. And then a prompt showed up saying that 'A sales executive would get in touch'.

So far so good. About a week later, I get a call from a salesman asking if I was interested in buying a Maserati. So I say, "I got that card via courier that invited me to a test drive, and I'm interested in taking the same." The salesman then asks, "Sir, what car do you drive at the moment?" So I truthfully answer, "Mahindra XUV500". To which he replies, "Sorry sir, we can't give you a test drive." I ask why and he says something to the effect of they are very selective about their customers and the minimum car you need to drive to get a test drive is an S class or a 7 series. Shocked I said, OK, since I don't qualify, I'll pass.

Ego slightly bruised, I went on with life. And stopped believing initiations, unless they were from a Nigerian Billionaire in hiding who just needed me to help him get his billions to India and then we'd split the bounty. But I digress.

6 months later, I get a call from Maserati India. So I politely tell the gent that the last time we spoke, you said I couldn't even get a test drive because I wasn't high end enough. So he replies, "yes sir. That's still the case, but we can let you book the car." Wife, who's eavesdropping says just say you're not interested and hang up, but my battered ego says hold on.

So I ask the guy "Wait? So I can't test drive the car, but I can buy it?" He replies, "Yes sir. We'll allow you to buy it". "You'll allow me to buy it????" "Yes sir, we are very selective about customers." "Thanks for the privilege man. I pay the money but I can't get a freaking test drive?" "yes sir" says the chirpy man. "Have you lost your mind?" I ask. "No sir, it's company policy". I can stretch this on, but the wife is glaring and I'm on the Bluetooth on my way to Udaipur. So I just say, "I'm not interested" and hang up.

Two weeks later, another call. "Sir, you had enquired about booking a Maserati. Any decision?" "I didn't even get a test drive." "Yes sir, we are very selective about test drive but you can come and look at the car?" "So you want me to come to your showroom, look at your car, and then plonk over 1 crore plus for a car?" "Yes sir." "Are you guys selling ANY cars with this attitude?" "Yes sir, we have a long waiting list." "OK, then please serve those waiting customers. I'm not interested, as I said the last time"

And now I wait for the next phone call.
djpeesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 05:11   #36
BHPian

Hmm. And to think of it, the only time I saw a Maserati in India post the launch was a Test Drive vehicle.

Ferrari, Maserati to re-enter India in 2015-20170322_051000.jpg
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
And now I wait for the next phone call.
next time tell them that you bought a Porsche instead, its cheaper, faster and better!
I had a very different experience with Porsche.

I had just casually walked into Porsche Gurgaon since i had to kill an hour in the area, the dealership staff were extremely courteous and polite, even though I had clearly told them that im only looking around, with no intention to buy. we were even served very welcome refreshments on that very hot day.
the sales executive took my number, stayed in touch for over a year and a half, and did end up selling me a 911.
I btw had driven there with a friend in his maruti SX4, which they saw when we got off.
awini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 16:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
I had just casually walked into Porsche Gurgaon since i had to kill an hour in the area, the dealership staff were extremely courteous and polite, even though I had clearly told them that im only looking around, with no intention to buy. we were even served very welcome refreshments on that very hot day.

You're right. Porsche Gurgaon is really good at dealing with their customers. I went to them for the first time back in January 2014, just to have a causal look at the cars.

Since then my salesman has given me test drives of every Porsche available for test drive, even the press 991.1 Turbo S which was with them for a few days. He followed up often and always informed me of any new Porsche they had available, to have a look at. I finally showed interest in getting a 911 in July 2016 and I'll get it sometime this year, just waiting for an allocation.
Shivjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 17:14   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
did end up selling me a 911
Good, how will you rate their service experience? and the costs for general spares & service.

Will agree with your observation on showroom experience, probably they operate better than some of 5 stars

Quote:
I finally showed interest in getting a 911 in July 2016
cool, which variant are you planning to buy- pardon my inexperience/limited knowledge but is it worth spending additional moolah on say GTS/ S over regular Carrera?

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd March 2017 at 17:17.
Old 24th March 2017, 15:26   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Good, how will you rate their service experience? and the costs for general spares & service.

Will agree with your observation on showroom experience, probably they operate better than some of 5 stars

cool, which variant are you planning to buy- pardon my inexperience/limited knowledge but is it worth spending additional moolah on say GTS/ S over regular Carrera?
haven't yet spent anything in 9 months and almost 4000km of ownership, a couple of times the car has gone for software updates, and the dealership picks and drops the car gratis, on a flatbed. service will come up in a few months, should cost about 35k.

there are some features on the S/GTS that you cant get on the base cars, such as four wheel steering, 6 piston brakes etc. you can however get carbon ceramic brakes, which is silly on the base car, because this option will cost you about 20 lakhs on road!
awini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks