Team-BHP - Ferrari, Maserati to re-enter India in 2015
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Ferrari, Maserati to re-enter India in 2015 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/157476-ferrari-maserati-re-enter-india-2015-a.html)

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is considering the reintroduction of the Ferrari and Maserati marques in India. The company used to have contracts with the Shreyans Group for the distribution of Ferrari and Maserati cars in India. While the contract for Maserati was terminated in 2012-13, the company called off the contract for Ferrari earlier this year.

Maserati is planning to set up a national sales company in India. The company will start selling cars from the second half of 2015. Ferrari will manage its operations from Dubai and plans to commence sales from the first quarter of 2015. In Delhi, the company is in talks with Yadup Kapur, a dealer of reputed luxury brands such as Aston Martin, Lamborghini and Rolls Royce to set up a dealership. In Mumbai, Navnit Motors, which deals in Land Rover, Rolls-Royce and BMW, is being considered. Ferraris cars for India are likely to cost between Rs. 3 crore and Rs. 7 crore.

With the number of billionaires on the rise in India, it is emerging as one of the hottest destinations for supercar manufacturers. Despite a taxes and duties totalling to 170% on cars imported as CBUs, India is one of the largest markets in the Asia Oceania region for cars costing more than Rs 2 crore.

Source: Economic Times

Fingers crossed that everything goes through well.
If these deals work out, there should be 2-3 brand new Ferrari's making their way to Calcutta next year.

Really hope they find some good local dealers to pair up with. Looking forward to seeing some F12 Berlinettas in the country. I hope a Bangalore dealership is on the cards soon.

I do hope they re-enter India. We've only been reading reports in various publications since past couple of months!

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-391746.aspx

Quote:

Unconfirmed reports say that Ferrari has already appointed Navnit Motors in Mumbai, and that the dealer has already identified a location at Bandra-Kurla Complex. Although the building is still under construction, it is expected to be ready and inaugurated by March 2015.

Guys,so where did those F12s go? They definitely reached customs.Are they still standing there? Rumors that a grey F12 has made its way to Pune.

I really hope they are coming back officially. Planning to order the 458 spider, in the last quarter next year 😁

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 3576699)
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is considering the reintroduction of the Ferrari and Maserati marques in India. The company used to have contracts with the Shreyans Group for the distribution of Ferrari and Maserati cars in India. While the contract for Maserati was terminated in 2012-13, the company called off the contract for Ferrari earlier this year.

Maserati is planning to set up a national sales company in India. The company will start selling cars from the second half of 2015. Ferrari will manage its operations from Dubai and plans to commence sales from the first quarter of 2015. In Delhi, the company is in talks with Yadup Kapur, a dealer of reputed luxury brands such as Aston Martin, Lamborghini and Rolls Royce to set up a dealership. In Mumbai, Navnit Motors, which deals in Land Rover, Rolls-Royce and BMW, is being considered. Ferraris cars for India are likely to cost between Rs. 3 crore and Rs. 7 crore.

Some questions...
Is the Aston Martin Dealership in Bombay, Peddar Road area one, owned by this Yadup Kapur? or someone else...
Also, Why was the dealership By Ferrari terminated for Shreyans Group?

It would Indeed be very nice to see more Italian cars on our roads : ).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivjeet (Post 3592374)
I really hope they are coming back officially. Planning to order the 458 spider, in the last quarter next year ��

I speak on behalf of T-Bhp when I say, DO post ownership review! : P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maky (Post 3592441)
Some questions...
Is the Aston Martin Dealership in Bombay, Peddar Road area one, owned by this Yadup Kapur? or someone else...
Also, Why was the dealership By Ferrari terminated for Shreyans Group?

It would Indeed be very nice to see more Italian cars on our roads : ).

The Aston dealership in Mumbai belongs to Infinity cars (BMW and Mini dealers), Yadur Kapoor owns the Aston dealership in Delhi.

About shreyans group, you could just google and you will get all the info you need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maky (Post 3592441)

I will surely do that when I end up getting the car. I still haven't posted the ownership review of the GL63 AMG, because I haven't driven it enough I think. My dad drives it everyday so I guess I'll have to take inputs from him :P

Maserati is all set to hit Indian shores in the not-so-distant future. The Italian sports carmaker is likely to set its first, exclusive dealership in Mumbai. Ahmedabad-based Galaxy group is likely to be the company's official dealer.

The GranTurismo and the Quattroporte are among the first cars from Maserati's product line that are likely to be introduced first. Maserati's baby sedan - the Ghibli will follow soon after.

Link to news article

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 3731335)
Maserati is all set to hit Indian shores in the not-so-distant future. The Italian sports carmaker is likely to set its first, exclusive dealership in Mumbai. Ahmedabad-based Galaxy group is likely to be the company's official dealer.

The GranTurismo and the Quattroporte are among the first cars from Maserati's product line that are likely to be introduced first. Maserati's baby sedan - the Ghibli will follow soon after.

Link to news article

They should have just had joined dealerships with Ferrari like JLR does for both brands. The Indian market is perhaps not ready for stand alone dealerships of both brands as these cars are very very niche. Mad move by the Italians. However on the bright side atleast both brands made it to our shores finally!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivjeet (Post 3592374)
I really hope they are coming back officially. Planning to order the 458 spider, in the last quarter next year 😁

If you haven't already ordered, you're a tad late cos they've shut the 458 shop.

This Bianco Avus 458 Spider reportedly will be the last Spider to reach India and then followed by a Speciale to Bangalore and a Speciale Aperta to Pune. That should end the whole 458 era and they will commence 488 deliveries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 3732989)
If you haven't already ordered, you're a tad late cos they've shut the 458 shop.

This Bianco Avus 458 Spider reportedly will be the last Spider to reach India and then followed by a Speciale to Bangalore and a Speciale Aperta to Pune. That should end the whole 458 era and they will commence 488 deliveries.

Yes, I'm in touch with them. There's a delay on my end so I'll be missing on all the naturally aspirated V8 Ferrari's. Will have to go in for the 488 GTB, when I plan to order one. If I'm lucky I'll try getting the F12, but at the end of the day it depends on what my father wants.

I wish I wasn't doing a 5 year law course, or I would've started working by now and had more control on what I want 😊

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivjeet (Post 3733017)
Yes, I'm in touch with them. There's a delay on my end so I'll be missing on all the naturally aspirated V8 Ferrari's. Will have to go in for the 488 GTB, when I plan to order one. If I'm lucky I'll try getting the F12, but at the end of the day it depends on what my father wants.

I wish I wasn't doing a 5 year law course, or I would've started working by now and had more control on what I want 😊

Try to somehow convince your father for the F12 man its worth it. When I went to Dubai I got a ride in it. V12 is always V12 there is no substitute. its a beast.clap:

Official re-launch of Maserati brand in India is on 15th July. Apparently some Gujarat based entrepreneur has bagged the dealership!