Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2014, 11:37   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello Bangalore, says Lamborghini

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post

Any reason then that Bangalore was the destination of choice ? I am sure these people do their research thoroughly before zeroing on a place so does Bangalore seem to have a lot more 'potential' or 'new money' compared to the others ? This question is for anyone who has the slightest idea.

Thanks
I believe Bangalore has the most number of Aventadors hence they probably chose this location
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 11:52   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Any reason then that Bangalore was the destination of choice ? I am sure these people do their research thoroughly before zeroing on a place so does Bangalore seem to have a lot more 'potential' or 'new money' compared to the others ? This question is for anyone who has the slightest idea.

Thanks
I think it's because of the geographical location of Bangalore. Since it's right in the center (south india), customers from Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil nadu and Andhra Pradesh get easy access. The main reason why they are opening a service station too. Well, this is just my observation. Lamborghini might have something else in mind
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 12:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
A general question.

Hyderabad seemed to have a substantially higher frequency of supercars compared to Chennai, B'lore or Kochi. I could be mistaken ofcourse im just remarking on the basis of what meets the eye.

Thanks
Bengaluru has always been the destination for many imported luxury brands down South of Vindhyas and I guess, Lamborghini is no exception.
And according to the stats, it is evident that Bengaluru, surpassing THE BEHEMOTH Mumbai, comes only next to Delhi in terms of no. of cars and this might have some bearing over no. of Super cars too .
Since there are more no .of cars, it can be inferred that there could be more no. of Super cars too [ though this logic is not infallible and does not complete the picture ] .
Perhaps the location of the Bengaluru, which is accessible to all the 5 major states of South, has also been considered for establishing their center.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Bangalore, says Lamborghini-figure21.jpg  

poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 13:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
A general question.

What iv observed over the years be it through the various supercar threads across cities in south India or even through my travels there is that Hyderabad seemed to have a substantially higher frequency of supercars compared to Chennai, B'lore or Kochi. I could be mistaken ofcourse im just remarking on the basis of what meets the eye.

Thanks
The simple answer to the question is that Bangalore comes third (after Delhi and Mumbai) in the country when it comes to total number of supercar population/city. Geographical position does play a role as well but Bangalore is also more mature in terms of informed supercar buyers. I remember when i was working with Porsche Mumbai, Bangalore had 2nd highest number of 911 Turbos after Mumbai. Not even Delhi.
doctorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 13:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my lack of knowledge. I read in Bangalore Mirror that a upcoming builder is the owner of Lamborghini Bengaluru. Also that he owns the second Aventador Roadster in the country (the white one). So is it that Lamborghini chose Bengaluru to have a showroom or is that the famed builder wanted to open a Lamborghini franchise, contacted Winkelman and opened one?

Couldnt any of us open one if we could meet the requirements? And ofcourse the money!
Old 28th November 2014, 14:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Bengaluru has always been the destination for many imported luxury brands down South of Vindhyas and I guess, Lamborghini is no exception.
And according to the stats, it is evident that Bengaluru, surpassing THE BEHEMOTH Mumbai, comes only next to Delhi in terms of no. of cars and this might have some bearing over no. of Super cars too .
Since there are more no .of cars, it can be inferred that there could be more no. of Super cars too [ though this logic is not infallible and does not complete the picture ] .
Perhaps the location of the Bengaluru, which is accessible to all the 5 major states of South, has also been considered for establishing their center.
I am actually relieved to see those stats. They seem to be only of the core city area and if they are then Mumbai is an extremely thin triangle where congestion is unbelievable. If that graph signifies a trend of lesser people opting for new cars in Mumbai then it could come as a relief for the impossible traffic situation in the city.

I am sure if figures of the entire metropolitan areas are shown it would be a very different story and a grim one for Mumbai. I remember a graph in the newspaper a few years back showing the number of private vehicles in the big cities. Mumbai was #2 at 17-18 lakhs and Delhi at #1 with 44 lakhs !

Also i really doubt how much of the supercar scene that graph signifies. After all they account for a minuscule percentage and i am pretty sure where the number of supercars is concerned Mumbai should be right up there with Delhi. Should be close between those 2 i assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
The simple answer to the question is that Bangalore comes third (after Delhi and Mumbai) in the country when it comes to total number of supercar population/city. Geographical position does play a role as well but Bangalore is also more mature in terms of informed supercar buyers. I remember when i was working with Porsche Mumbai, Bangalore had 2nd highest number of 911 Turbos after Mumbai. Not even Delhi.
What better than to hear it from the horse's (or bull's should i say ) mouth ?
Thanks !
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 14:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Also i really doubt how much of the supercar scene that graph signifies. After all they account for a minuscule percentage and i am pretty sure where the number of supercars is concerned Mumbai should be right up there with Delhi. Should be close between those 2 i assume.

1.Delhi
2. Mumbai
3. Bengaluru
4. Hyderabad /Chennai

This might be the order of the cities with the highest no. of Supercars but this is only a personal speculation basing on the population of the cars, affluence of the location and its strategic economic significance.
In any case, Bengaluru, with its climate, geography, westernized [ more than its southern counterparts] society offers a favourable climate for these car dealers.
Old 28th November 2014, 16:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Pardon my lack of knowledge. I read in Bangalore Mirror that a upcoming builder is the owner of Lamborghini Bengaluru. Also that he owns the second Aventador Roadster in the country (the white one). So is it that Lamborghini chose Bengaluru to have a showroom or is that the famed builder wanted to open a Lamborghini franchise, contacted Winkelman and opened one?

Couldnt any of us open one if we could meet the requirements? And ofcourse the money!
Lamborghini was looking for a dealer down south in Bangalore and Hoysala Group showed interest, both in buying a car and also representing the brand if given a chance. They were appointed eventually.

Quote:
I am actually relieved to see those stats. They seem to be only of the core city area and if they are then Mumbai is an extremely thin triangle where congestion is unbelievable. If that graph signifies a trend of lesser people opting for new cars in Mumbai then it could come as a relief for the impossible traffic situation in the city.

I am sure if figures of the entire metropolitan areas are shown it would be a very different story and a grim one for Mumbai. I remember a graph in the newspaper a few years back showing the number of private vehicles in the big cities. Mumbai was #2 at 17-18 lakhs and Delhi at #1 with 44 lakhs !

What better than to hear it from the horse's (or bull's should i say ) mouth ?
Thanks !
You got it spot on buddy, total number of cars sold need not necessarily mean that the same market must have more number of supercars. Its all about market maturity when it comes to sportscars or supercars. Hence, i am not very happy personally that the 1st and now the 2nd 991 GT3 went to Delhi and not Mumbai. Interestingly, Mumbai hasn't sold a single 991 Turbo as well. Doubt whats going wrong there?
Old 28th November 2014, 18:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Lamborghini was looking for a dealer down south in Bangalore and Hoysala Group showed interest, both in buying a car and also representing the brand if given a chance. They were appointed eventually.

You got it spot on buddy, total number of cars sold need not necessarily mean that the same market must have more number of supercars. Its all about market maturity when it comes to sportscars or supercars. Hence, i am not very happy personally that the 1st and now the 2nd 991 GT3 went to Delhi and not Mumbai. Interestingly, Mumbai hasn't sold a single 991 Turbo as well. Doubt whats going wrong there?
Really ? Id heard quite sometime back from Dippy that the 'main nikla gaddi leke dude from B'town booked one and his brother a Turbo S !! (or was it vice versa ? )

Maybe those orders were cancelled then ..
Old 28th November 2014, 18:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Really ? Id heard quite sometime back from Dippy that the 'main nikla gaddi leke dude from B'town booked one and his brother a Turbo S !! (or was it vice versa ? )

Maybe those orders were cancelled then ..
Bobby did get a red 991 C2S before any customs duty hike and around the same time Sunny booked a Turbo S for himself in the same colour. However, by the time the car arrived, the Turbo S got affected by the customs duty hike and now costs almost as much as an LP550-2 coupe. Rest is history.
Old 30th November 2014, 13:17   #26
BHPian

The statistic showing ownership of cars isn't really accurate as far as Chennai goes. A lot of car owners live in areas which are not officially counted as part of Chennai city limits but are part of Kanchipuram, Chengelpet districts. The city limits are a small part of the urban area and only recently have they been expanded a bit.

Potentially, Chennai has a lot more to be exploited. If only the typically conservative spenders open up their purses a bit. I still come across people who can easily afford a Merc driving a Maruti Swift or cheaper.

Bengaluru not only has a great geographical advantage in being more centrally situated but also people who are willing to spend a bit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks