Team-BHP - Hello Bangalore, says Lamborghini
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Hello Bangalore, says Lamborghini (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/157995-hello-bangalore-says-lamborghini.html)

Italian supercar manufacturer Lamborghini has inaugurated its third showroom in India in the city of Bangalore. Called Lamborghini Bengaluru, it is the company's first facility in South India and has been opened as a part of the company's plan to strengthen the brand's presence and sales network in the southern region of the country.

The dealership, which is located in the heart of the city, is spread over an area of 4,350 sq. ft. It will offer the entire range of Lamborghini products including the recently launched Huracan LP 610-4 and the Aventador line-up consisting of the Aventador Roadster LP 700-4 and Aventador Coupe LP 700-4. The facility has a distinct customer lounge and Lamborghini claims that the staff has been specially trained in Italy.

Lamborghini's other dealerships in India are located in Mumbai and Delhi. While the dealership network appears sparse, the company believes it is enough to meet customer demand and expectations as per the present market situation.

Hello Bangalore, says Lamborghini-lamborghini-bengaluru-dealership-launch.jpg

Stephan Winkelman must be a real busy guy. The showroom was opened a long time back wasnt it? A person I know is the sales head and he indeed was trained in Italy. I wonder when the service centre and Tumkur will be open.

Had seen this showroom some ~5 months back. Since it was early in morning I was thinking it was closed due to non working hours. Only now came to know that it got opened only now.

Have heard of an owner from Kerala who sends his Lambo all the way to Delhi (not sure why not in Mumbai) in a flat bed to get serviced, this is good news from him and similar owners.

I had seen this showroom couple of times while passing through that road, but never realized until now that they were yet to open.

I have always wondered, where on Indian roads can these cars be driven without scraping the bottom. I For one, have only seen a Ferrari on the inner ring road couple of times and never seen a lamborghini.

How many cars do they see in India on a monthly basis?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILTDrive (Post 3589115)
I have always wondered, where on Indian roads can these cars be driven without scraping the bottom. I For one, have only seen a Ferrari on the inner ring road couple of times and never seen a lamborghini.

I've been told that Lamborghini's clear the speed breakers quite easily in Bangalore as the nose of the car can be lifted. Easier than the Ferrari's and the other supercars.

From what I see and hear from all the main stream super cars, Lambo's tend to be the most temperamental. Even in Europe they break down a lot. Allthough they are getting better with the later models

Will be interesting to see/hear how these Lambo's do in India from that point of view.

Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILTDrive (Post 3589115)
How many cars do they see in India on a monthly basis?

Not sure of monthly sale. Yearly sale for 2013 was 22 cars and 94 cars till date from when they began in India.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ndian-suv.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 3589162)
From what I see and hear from all the main stream super cars, Lambo's tend to be the most temperamental.

I guess that was the case when they were all Italian. Ever since Lamborghini went German (became part of the VW Group), they've been more friendly & behave themselves better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3589182)
I guess that was the case when they were all Italian. Ever since Lamborghini went German (became part of the VW Group), they've been more friendly & behave themselves better.

Yes, that's what I hear too. They have been bought by VW in '98, and under the control of Audi I believe.

I have a few American and European friends that own or have owned Lambo's. Even on the VW-era Lambo's still some naggling issues. On the upside, for some reason, most of the spare parts we used appeared to be considerable cheaper than similar parts of Porsches. They are not easy cars to work on. As many Italian cars/desgins, very little attention to engineering details that make maintenance and repair easy. For some reason we also had endless problems getting our various OBD analyzers hooked up as well.

Very similar to my Alfa experience, even small jobs take a long time
Still, very nice cars though.
BR Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 3589246)
Yes, that's what I hear too. They have been bought by VW in '98, and under the control of Audi I believe.

I have a few American and European friends that own or have owned Lambo's. Even on the VW-era Lambo's still some naggling issues. On the upside, for some reason, most of the spare parts we used appeared to be considerable cheaper than similar parts of Porsches. They are not easy cars to work on. As many Italian cars/desgins, very little attention to engineering details that make maintenance and repair easy. For some reason we also had endless problems getting our various OBD analyzers hooked up as well.

Very similar to my Alfa experience, even small jobs take a long time
Still, very nice cars though.
BR Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3589182)

There was a time a couple decades ago when Lamborghini did not have similar budgets for R&D compared to some competitive brands, however as GTO mentioned, VW has pumped in a lot of money since they took over and in spite of the cars being made at the same place in Italy since '63, they have come a long way in the last one and half decade.

They are far more reliable now, especially from Gallardo onwards and you dont see them breaking down as much at all. Also, considering that these cars are all producing so much horsepower/litre, the machinery goes through a lot compared to everyday cars and hence there can never be straight comparison between supercars and everyday cars.

Also, all Lamborghinis come with a 3 years unlimited mileage warranty now and a service once in 15000kms or a year. Just to put things in perspective.

I think they want this to service all of South India. Good for the owners since they can drive them (hopefully) for service or any repairs.

One of their service centers is located on airport road somewhere near Devanhalli IIRC. Guess thats going to be a nice drive to and from the service center for whoever drives it :D

By the way, I am surprised to know it was not yet opened since I had seen the showroom from a long time.

Well, met one of the chief service guys during that Hurican launch and he mentioned they travel to the client's place for any normal service and if something requires more work, they need to consider alternatives to take it there or so. Now that's better than the Ferrari way of doing things.
Oh, and the official count of Lamborghini is 25 or so in South India and they are still checking for cars that would have been bought outside the normal sales here i.e. via import or so.

The showroom has been operating for more than a year but officially inaugurated now. They are also opening a service station near Yelahanka to cater the cars from south india.

A general question.

What iv observed over the years be it through the various supercar threads across cities in south India or even through my travels there is that Hyderabad seemed to have a substantially higher frequency of supercars compared to Chennai, B'lore or Kochi. I could be mistaken ofcourse im just remarking on the basis of what meets the eye.

Any reason then that Bangalore was the destination of choice ? I am sure these people do their research thoroughly before zeroing on a place so does Bangalore seem to have a lot more 'potential' or 'new money' compared to the others ? This question is for anyone who has the slightest idea.

Thanks