Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2014, 10:52   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Driven: BMW M3, M4 and M6 @ Buddh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Thats a nice report!

I know for the M3/M4 the active sound sound system is different from that of the M5s.In M3/M4 its merely amplified and not synthesized.Was it apparent in anyway though?

How was the ride in like in the comfort setting in the adaptive suspension? Like an ordinary F80 sedan? And the sport seats? Comfortable if used daily in city conditions?

Sorry if i sound like a noob,but i was just wondering how much does it cost to maintain something like this.For eg,do these come with the BMW service packages too? Can they be serviced at any BMW service centre?

We only got 2-3 laps so no time to experiment. Also the Buddh circuit is far from reality when it comes to assessing ride!

Seats are awesome but some might not like the task of climbing in and getting out of them, also they take a lot of space.

Can't say the sound felt so apparent, things were happening so fast that you just took what ever came and enjoyed

M Cars should be servicable at any BMW dealership but remember, some are more capable than others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Apart the price, I also find a few other faults with the new M3/M4. First of all I just don't get why is it so fussy. The wing mirrors have that arrow like end,front end again is too busy with such a fussy air dam. I also find the rear to be over done and despite being such a huge beemer fanatic, I am feeling a bit cold about this one. Gone is the V8,clean styling and real engine noise, speaking of which,
how did you find the exhaust enhancement thing in the //M cars?
All to do with aerodynamics and efficient cooling. As I said, M3/M4 sound better inside that out!

Last edited by ajmat : 24th April 2021 at 10:45.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 11:48   #17
Taffy

With Bmw I am far more excited with their i initiative, their hybrid prototypes are stunners , the effort and resources they spend on the boys and toys market which is what the m series really is can be better spent on getting into smaller car segments and smaller sedan segments, if they look at India the growing middle class can really stretch themselves for a bmw sedan at 25 lakhs

Ajmat compliments on an excellent thread , passion for cars comes through :-)

Last edited by GTO : 17th December 2014 at 14:49. Reason: Merging back to back posts

Old 17th December 2014, 17:02   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I sat in the M4 at the autocar performance show past weekend. What I liked most was the steering, felt so good to hold! The scoop on the bonnet does hamper front end visibility but gives you a muscle car feel when seeing it from the inside.
What I didn't like was how low the seats were nor was I very impressed with the engine start up note when I switched it on for a few seconds. It definitely lacked the rumble on the start up that a NA V8 last gen M3 gave.
It perhaps was the same car you tested, there was a warning on the iDrive that brake pads need replacement. Which isnt a surprise after a track day of that sort!

Waiting to drive it sometime soon so I can compare it to it's arch rival- the RS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post

Sorry if i sound like a noob,but i was just wondering how much does it cost to maintain something like this.For eg,do these come with the BMW service packages too? Can they be serviced at any BMW service centre?
Yes they can be serviced at any BMW center and yes there are service packs for all M series models. Unlike Audi that not only doesn't have service packs nor even extended warranty for their R,RS and S models, BMW gives you complete peace of mind ownership.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 21:53   #19
BHPian

The 530d looks completely out of its comfort zone in that pic. The E60 530d would have definitely fared far better.
petroguzzler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 11:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
The 530d looks completely out of its comfort zone in that pic. The E60 530d would have definitely fared far better.
That's not a 530d, rather an F10 520d Modern. And I too feel that the E60 530d would have been more composed, the F10 version being more softer in its handling.
Old 18th December 2014, 11:40   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
That's not a 530d, rather an F10 520d Modern. And I too feel that the E60 530d would have been more composed, the F10 version being more softer in its handling.
It is a 530D for sure

Last edited by ajmat : 24th April 2021 at 10:46.
Old 18th December 2014, 13:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The F80 BMW M3
Carbon-fiber discs are an option, but worth it if you actually race/track every weekend.
I'm sure you meant carbon ceramic discs.
Old 18th December 2014, 14:35   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
I'm sure you meant carbon ceramic discs.

Good catch, BMW were harping so much about carbon fibre, that it blurred my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Fantastic report! And the M6 broke down? Doesn't inspire too much confidence especially at the said manufacturer's driving event!
It did not just break down, it froze and locked up. I went to the track to take some pics of the next batch and watched the recovery vehicle arrive. For 30 min, they could not even winch it on board. i had a flight to catch so left

Last edited by ajmat : 24th April 2021 at 10:46.
Old 18th December 2014, 14:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good catch, BMW were harping so much about carbon fibre, that it blurred my mind!

It did not just break down, it froze and locked up. I went to the track to take some pics of the next batch and watched the recovery vehicle arrive. For 30 min, they could not even winch it on board. i have a flight to catch so left
So much so for their reliability. I am thinking that the differential broke due to all the punishment it got at the track.
Old 18th December 2014, 18:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
That's not a 530d, rather an F10 520d Modern.
Quote:
IT is a 530D for sure
It is a 520D since in India 530D comes only in the M Sport Avatar.

Last edited by #enzowho : 18th December 2014 at 18:52.
Old 18th December 2014, 18:47   #26
Team-BHP Support

This is white and I saw the badge
Old 18th December 2014, 19:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
This is white and I saw the badge
Sorry about the color mix up
I might be wrong, the reasons why I said this could be a 520 is because of the absence of Shadowline Trim, HUD enclosure on the dash and the M Sport Wheels which are also present on the 530.
Sorry about the previous post.
Old 18th December 2014, 20:39   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
I might be wrong, the reasons why I said this could be a 520 is because of the absence of Shadowline Trim, HUD enclosure on the dash and the M Sport Wheels which are also present on the 530.
That's exactly why I'm saying that the photo shows a 520d, but let's leave it at that. Shall we?

No point in going back and forth about something simple as a mistaken badge or car.
Old 18th December 2014, 20:42   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
The M Sport wheels were available only on the face lifted version. Before that the 520d, 525d and the 530d were visually identical except the badge.
Old 18th December 2014, 21:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
The M Sport wheels were available only on the face lifted version. Before that the 520d, 525d and the 530d were visually identical except the badge.
Even before the LCI came out since 2012 530D came with the aforementioned kit.
Let's leave it at this,as this is going off topic

Most Viewed