Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2008, 15:09   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
@Sajo - was that a White one ?? I have seen upto 5 new LCs till now. And most ly the count was 3 white and 2 black - all different cars for sure.

@Karl - pics of bhosale's car that you clicked and posted in post# 1 of this thread, are doing rounds of the net in form of an email. They were mailed to me by atleast 3-4 different friends.
Yep.. It was a white one.
And yes, Karl's pics are doing rounds as an Email forward, including the chopper pic. Got it 3-4 times since yesterday.
Old 13th August 2008, 15:14   #497
BHPian

well even a mini cooper roams around in pune-owned by gutkha kings daughter-janhavi. last nite saw the YZP (poonawala) bentley again parked at d.p road.
Old 13th August 2008, 16:00   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
@Speedy
I think I have seen it (as it was an old Jaguar, I thought it was documented and I never mentioned it), a Red Jaguar XJS. Seen it maybe twice in Koregaon Park.
How long ago was this? One used to be opposite my house, a V 12. I could see it from the balcony everyday

It was sold after the owner died some years back, and changed many hands. I dont know of its' current whereabouts.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/53579-post1.html

Quote:
@Karl - pics of bhosale's car that you clicked and posted in post# 1 of this thread, are doing rounds of the net in form of an email. They were mailed to me by atleast 3-4 different friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
And yes, Karl's pics are doing rounds as an Email forward, including the chopper pic. Got it 3-4 times since yesterday.
Interesting. Somebody send it to me I had covered those cars for an article in Citadel magazine ages back.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th August 2008 at 20:04. Reason: Posts merged on request.
Old 13th August 2008, 18:16   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Interesting. Somebody send it to me I had covered those cars for an article in Citadel magazine ages back.
Guess what ? Even the captions are ditto !
BTW, PM me your email id.
Old 13th August 2008, 18:48   #500
BHPian

Quote:

@needausername - which M5 did ya spot ? New one or one of the old models ?
It was the E60 M5 . A blue coloured one. And irritatingly enough, it was chauffeur driven!
Old 13th August 2008, 22:25   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaUsername View Post
It was the E60 M5 . A blue coloured one. And irritatingly enough, it was chauffeur driven!
E60 M5 - i didn't know we have one in pune. What reg. did it sport ??

IIRC, there is one M5 - from the older gen - in pune. It was previously with poonawalas i guess, but has changed hands now.
Old 13th August 2008, 23:48   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC, there is one M5 - from the older gen - in pune. It was previously with poonawalas i guess, but has changed hands now.
That was an M3, not an M5.
Old 14th August 2008, 01:04   #503
Senior - BHPian

Guys the its not the Red XJS. that car was sold by us to someone in Delhi. the car is up for sale again.
Karl what i mean by new old Jaguar is the car is newly imported and is an old model. ok let me clear it and drop the suspense. its an E type.

Adar had a black M3 and it was sold in bangalore to the father son racing duo and now for a few years has its engine blown and was layed to rest. Dont know if it got fixed.

Last edited by speedy : 14th August 2008 at 01:07.
Old 14th August 2008, 01:56   #504
BHPian

Quote:
That was an M3, not an M5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Adar had a black M3 and it was sold in bangalore to the father son racing duo and now for a few years has its engine blown and was layed to rest. Dont know if it got fixed.
My bad. Too sad to know it blew the engine, and is laid to rest.

So the M5 needausername spotted is a first in pune ??
Old 14th August 2008, 02:30   #505
Senior - BHPian

Funny how this new old E-Type has not been mentioned before or has any pics taken of it yet. Speedy, you got any pics of the car?
Old 14th August 2008, 07:43   #506
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
My bad. Too sad to know it blew the engine, and is laid to rest.
I can assure you guys that the engine never blew and neither did the car go to Bangalore ever. It went to south MH and is back in Pune.

Pics already on the forum.
Old 14th August 2008, 09:54   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Funny how this new old E-Type has not been mentioned before or has any pics taken of it yet. Speedy, you got any pics of the car?
No Ishaan i dont have any pictures of the car. i was informed about it two days ago that the E Type was imported and was wondering how this got done, considering the new import laws. then i figured the person has enough money and power to bring it down. so i was hopeing our keen eyes of pune would have spotted it and someone can confirm this. the car i assume came into the country a week or two weeks ago hence it would not have reached the forum as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I can assure you guys that the engine never blew and neither did the car go to Bangalore ever. It went to south MH and is back in Pune.

i was informed of this by J.D. moralfibre unless he was pulling my leg. i did confirm however that he has blown a black M3 engine in Bangalore and the car was put to rest till it would be fixed. this is 2 year old news.
Old 14th August 2008, 09:59   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That is completely untrue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

You are absolutely right.

Quote:
No Ishaan i dont have any pictures of the car. i was informed about it two days ago that the E Type was imported and was wondering how this got done, considering the new import laws. then i figured the person has enough money and power to bring it down. so i was hopeing our keen eyes of pune would have spotted it and someone can confirm this. the car i assume came into the country a week or two weeks ago hence it would not have reached the forum as yet.
The car came in a few months ago. It is not a coupe, it is a convertible. A similar car came recently to the TTK group in Madras as well.
Old 14th August 2008, 10:05   #509
Senior - BHPian

What a day guys,

Spotted the same Cadillac at Audi showroom. It is Cadillac for sure. And then, suddenly spotted huge huge beast known as "H3" at the Audi showroom. Man this place has become get together place for many imports. Some of which I spotted are:

1. Red Mazda
2. Black Chrysler 300 C
3. White Jeep Cherokee
4. Black Porsche Cayenne
5. White Prado
6. Black Cadillac
7. Black Hummer H3
8. White/Silver S class

I hope it will be flooded with many more imports on which I can keep drooling
Old 14th August 2008, 10:09   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car came in a few months ago. It is not a coupe, it is a convertible. A similar car came recently to the TTK group in Madras as well.

i know a total of four E Types have come into the country. one in pune and three in Madras. i was told coupe so i asked if any of the guys have seen it.
Karl is the E Type convertible from the Sanghi collection by any chance.

Most Viewed