Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 11:58   #481
BHPian

Yesterday was a super day for me. Spotted a lot of supercars. While in Koregaon Park saw the Flying Spur being followed by Cayenne Turbo. While I was trailing them saw a yellow Porsche 911 (997 perhaps) on the other side of the road. Then at the intersection at North Main road saw the gray coloured BMW 6 series. A few metres ahead saw the Fiat India owned 500. Then at the airport saw the blue coloured M5!
Also on the way back the maroon Phantom whizzed past by me. Sorry no photos of any car, as I was driving.
Old 11th August 2008, 22:15   #482
BHPian

Spotted a Red Nissan Micra on tilak road today evening. Car was mumbai - registered, and i guess a new one, as there was the typical and fresh garland tied to the bonnet.
This car, IMHO, fits pune traffic perfect.
Old 11th August 2008, 22:26   #483
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
Spotted a Red Nissan Micra on tilak road today evening. Car was mumbai - registered, and i guess a new one, as there was the typical and fresh garland tied to the bonnet.
This car, IMHO, fits pune traffic perfect.
saw a blue one in bombay too. maybe nissan has launched it.
Old 11th August 2008, 23:33   #484
Senior - BHPian

marron phantom is what,we are yet to see

how are people able to import a car like micra considering the import nd homologation norms

how can people import a car that costs less than 40,000$ ?

Last edited by AMATMO : 11th August 2008 at 23:38.
Old 12th August 2008, 10:46   #485
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a black Cadillac today at Audi Pashanshar.
Old 12th August 2008, 17:50   #486
BHPian

@ neon-are you sure it was a cadillac which was balck in color because theres generally a black Chrysler there.

well some more news the new maroon phantom,a white bentley flying spur which is poonawalas their license plates have YZP written on it. i think it was yohan poonawalas. then avinash bhosale took the continental GT silver in color,he took the new accord as well hehe,must be peanuts for him.

avinash bhosale's even got a black range rover,silver phantom,a bentley,3 s-class,2 lx470.
even balaji rao ( venky's) got a flying spur white. last week saw a carerraS at mainland china it was baba kalyanis carerra-silver.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th August 2008 at 23:53. Reason: Please make yourself aware of our policy on disclosing owner names. You can find it in the rules of the Supercars section.
Old 12th August 2008, 21:27   #487
BHPian

hey paddy,
thats a stale news actually.
@ Kalyani's Carrera S - are you sure ? Afaik, he's old enough to roam around in a luxo-barge like S or a 7 series beemer.

Oh, btw, please go through the announcements section once again, and post with some punctuation unless you want some mod's wrath upon yourself
Old 13th August 2008, 10:29   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy77 View Post
@ neon-are you sure it was a cadillac which was balck in color because theres generally a black Chrysler there.
It must be. I have seen his Chrysler which I mistaken as Bentely. This seems to be cadillac. I searched for a Cadillac and the below image is very much similar to the one I saw. I will try and click a snap.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Pune-ny_08_cadillac_sts.jpg  

Old 13th August 2008, 11:11   #489
Senior - BHPian

i heard in Pune there is a new old Jaguar two door coupe around the Koregaon Park area. has someone spotted this car. we all know the owners but dont want to reveal much since it is not confirmed news.
Old 13th August 2008, 12:31   #490
BHPian

Which Jaguar you are talking about speedy!!?? In my previous posts i have mentioned about one XJ owned by the Gutkha King himself, and it is there in Koregaon Park aswell. Oh..!! yes but it is a sedan. No idea about the coupe though. Karl you got any details?

Quote:
@ Kalyani's Carrera S - are you sure ? Afaik, he's old enough to roam around in a luxo-barge like S or a 7 series beemer.
Well even thats a news for me. Does he own the Carrera S!!?? atleast i have seen him going around everywhere in his maroon colored Getz . must say hes a very simple man!

Last edited by dhaval : 13th August 2008 at 12:37.
Old 13th August 2008, 12:46   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i heard in Pune there is a new old Jaguar two door coupe around the Koregaon Park area. has someone spotted this car. we all know the owners but dont want to reveal much since it is not confirmed news.
Speedy, I know of only Sedan Jags in Pune, one is an X type, one is an S type. The X type is in Koregaon Park, sharing garages with the Maybach (which we havent seen in ages!). Perhaps this coupe you speak of is also around, I haven't seen it though.

Secondly, what is a new old Jaguar?
Old 13th August 2008, 13:21   #492
BHPian

@Speedy
I think I have seen it (as it was an old Jaguar, I thought it was documented and I never mentioned it), a Red Jaguar XJS. Seen it maybe twice in Koregaon Park.
Old 13th August 2008, 14:09   #493
Senior - BHPian

I saw this XJS two door (early late 70's early to mid eighties example near baner 4 to 5 year ago it had a bodykit and was a 2 door coupe...wasn't this owned by Mumbai Parsi areomodeling enthusiast who passed away a few year ago. It was profiled very often in the auto mags in late 90's early 2000.
Old 13th August 2008, 14:33   #494
Senior - BHPian

Saw a new (unregistered,2008 MY) Landcruiser in Kothrud today. Inspite of the big new German SUVs available, there is still demand for the LC.
Old 13th August 2008, 14:40   #495
BHPian

@Sajo - was that a White one ?? I have seen upto 5 new LCs till now. And most ly the count was 3 white and 2 black - all different cars for sure.

@needausername - which M5 did ya spot ? New one or one of the old models ?

@Karl - pics of bhosale's car that you clicked and posted in post# 1 of this thread, are doing rounds of the net in form of an email. They were mailed to me by atleast 3-4 different friends.

Most Viewed